Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Future of Tim McGraw's longtime band unknown

I just saw this today; poor Tim! He's been through so much professionally, I hope everything turns out OK.

Future of Tim McGraw’s Longtime Band Unknown-Country Music Is Love

Concert Stars
    Poor Tim? Are you kiddning me?

That is so sad. I love tim mcgraw!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Poor Tim? Are you kiddning me?
    Have you heard about all the crap Curb has put him through?

Just because he's a country music star doesn't mean he's not a human being with feelings.

Seriously?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    No artist has their band stay together forever, there are people all around Nashville and other places who are better musicians than people who are working for artists now, everyone goes through it at some point and most likely will go through it multiple times.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    The comment says that this information is 2 weeks old and that he fired some band members. Is this true?

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    The comment says that this information is 2 weeks old and that he fired some band members. Is this true?
    Pretty sure it is. Saw a post on facebook from Tim yesterday about changes in the band.

It'll be interesting what happens from here. I'd assume he'll just replace anyone he had to let go and he and the new Dancehall Doctors will just go on without many issues at all. I hope, because he puts on a great show.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Have you heard about all the crap Curb has put him through?

Just because he's a country music star doesn't mean he's not a human being with feelings.

Seriously?

And have you heard about the times he showed up for charity event concerts & was so drunk he could barley stand much less perform? I know a few folks that have experienced this side of Mr. Tim & I reckon they have no sympathy for him.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    And have you heard about the times he showed up for charity event concerts & was so drunk he could barley stand much less perform? I know a few folks that have experienced this side of Mr. Tim & I reckon they have no sympathy for him.
    And that's part of the reason why he quit drinking 3 years ago.....

Not saying anything he did was right, but alcohol is a hell of a drug to try to quit and takes over your life. I've seen what it can do first hand. If the worst he's done is shown up to his job drunk a few times while struggling with alcohol abuse(which he himself admitted he had), then I'd say he actually did pretty good.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    Pretty sure it is. Saw a post on facebook from Tim yesterday about changes in the band.

It'll be interesting what happens from here. I'd assume he'll just replace anyone he had to let go and he and the new Dancehall Doctors will just go on without many issues at all. I hope, because he puts on a great show.
    That is exactly what will happen, he will replace the people that needed to be replaced and everyone will move on, I am sure every artist would like to keep their band together but things change and it just doesn't happen.

Every band member is replaceable anyway, people don't spend their money to see the band.

Concert Stars
    Being an alcoholic is like any other disease; once it becomes an addiction, it's a very powerful thing.

I'm not excusing his behavior, but he's a human being like the rest of us; the fact that he's a world-famous entertainer makes the issue even more complex, in my opinion.
    It's difficult to beat any addiction, let alone doing it while dealing with a career of Tim's magnitude.
    He has an image to maintain, just like every other entertainer or performer, and judging by the way his label and managers have treated him during the past several years, I have a hard time believing they gave a crap about helping him get clean.

I'm not saying Tim had no responsibility in any of this; should he have been a professional and kept his personal life off the stage? Yes. But we're all human, and life's not that easy most of the time.

When I said "poor Tim," I meant to convey the guy has been through a hell of a lot, especially over the past few years.
    He's been with The DanceHall Doctors for a very long time; It'd be tough for anyone to leave a relationship that they've invested so much into.
    The band, crew, and anyone that works for an entertainer for a long period is probably just as much of a family as their biological one; It can't be easy to leave, even if it was a personal choice.

Concert Stars

Insane Carrie Fan
    What a sick label.
    It wasn't enough to put Tim through HELL but they're also going to make even MORE trouble ON TOP of that even when the contract has ended? WOW, if ANYTHING, Tim should have been the one to bring them to court first and make them pay up millions. They've treated him worse than dirt and dragged him in it for the longest time.
    enough is enough. I hope Tim wins the lawsuit and be DONE with them once and for all. GO TIM.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yeah Curb is awful, Jo Dee can not get anything going w/ them, Leann gave up and sign again with them, and of course Tim and them.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    What a sick label.
    It wasn't enough to put Tim through HELL but they're also going to make even MORE trouble ON TOP of that even when the contract has ended? WOW, if ANYTHING, Tim should have been the one to bring them to court first and make them pay up millions. They've treated him worse than dirt and dragged him in it for the longest time.
    enough is enough. I hope Tim wins the lawsuit and be DONE with them once and for all. GO TIM.
    I completely agree; what Curb has put Tim through is absolutely disgusting. It'd be one thing if it was just for one project, but the fact that they've held back his album releases & tried to accuse him of not giving them his finished albums on time is so wrong.

Tim has stated publicly (several times), that the "Emotional Traffic" album has been done for years. Why would he have a reason not to give it to them if it's been done for so long? He's the one making the music for his fans; it makes no logical sense that things would happen as Curb has stated.

I don't really understand what Curb's motive is for putting Tim through all of this; they're a business, why wouldn't they want to get Tim's music out there, even if all they care about is making a profit? The whole thing just seems beyond odd.

I understand the music business is, first and foremost, a business. But what they have done to Tim crosses the line, in so many ways. They've prevented him from doing his job, and I'm sure an ordeal like this would take an emotional toll on anyone.

I truly hope Tim can somehow get his side of the story out there, because he certainly has been through more than enough. I heard awhile back Tim was counter-suing Curb, and I hope he cleans them out for all they're worth.

They're not only a terrible label, but those in charge also seem to have no regard for human decency, either. Tim is a human being just trying to make a living making his fans happy and doing what he loves; there's no reason he should have to deal with all of this for such a long period of time.
    All Curb sees is dollar signs, and they don't care if they have to cross the line to make more money.
    They should spend all the millions they've gotten promoting and supporting signed artists, instead of trying to profit from them.

I wish that terrible labels could somehow be shut down for using unethical business practices like this; Mike Curb deserves every bit of negative backlash he receives, and I truly hope Karma will come back and butt him in the butt for everything he has put his artists through.

They have a right to make a living without being put through hell, just as anyone else in this world does. Only in the entertainment business would this be acceptable, and and the damage seems to snowball without anyone being able to do anything.

Concert Stars

Insane Carrie Fan
    ridiculous.
    Now, he needs PERMISSION to record his own music when he should have been able to do what he wanted YEARS ago?
    I hope he kicks Curb to the curbs as well.

Concert Stars
    It's over. Tim is now free from the shipwreck that is Curb Records. They're a terrible label, known for treating their artists like crap. I'm amazed they're still in business. Really happy Tim can do what he wants now- about time.

Tim McGraw Wins Legal Battle Against Curb Records -Country Music Is Love

Concert Stars
    Tim released a new song today (11/30). Good to see he can finally get back to business!

http://tasteofcountry.com/tim-mcgraw...-i-used-to-be/

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ I'm so happy for Tim and Faith; I hope the final initial breach-of-contract suit in July will also make him victor and let it all under the bridge.
    As for the song, I'm really lovin' on it.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast