Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CMA Country Christmas 2011

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

CMA Country Christmas 2011

Even though we haven't gotten an official list of performers for this year's "CMA Country Christmas," there was an article posted on a Rascal Flatts fansite that mentioned they were listed as performers:

FlattsOnlineFans | Your #1 Rascal Flatts Fan Site

I tweeted about it to ask where the source was, and this was a reply:

@carrieflattsfan i got an email from the fan club saying they would be on it

I was just thinking this could possibly be a sign that we're going to get a full list of performers soon, so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing - I hope they have all the performers from last year and then some (Carrie)

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I am sure I saw an ad with Rascal Flatts in it for this show. Maybe not.

Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie is in it. I hate that she was not in it last year.

she is not touring and has no album to promote--- so there is no reason for her not to do it.

Plus-- Carrie missed the CMA Fest so this would be a way to make up for it.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I hope Carrie is in it. I hate that she was not in it last year.

she is not touring and has no album to promote--- so there is no reason for her not to do it.

Plus-- Carrie missed the CMA Fest so this would be a way to make up for it.
    Plus, Carrie has voice that is made for Christmas music.

^^^^^^How very true that is

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie's in it, I love when she sings Christmas Music, especially O Holy Night

Concert Stars
    The rest of the CMA Country Christmas performers have been announced. Carrie isn't performing.

Jennifer Nettles (photo: Julie Jacobson/AP Photo)

It will be a quick transition for Jennifer Nettles: she's not only performing on the CMA Awards on Nov. 9, but is set to return to Bridgestone Arena the next night to host "CMA Country Christmas."

The two-hour television special will tape in front of a live audience Nov. 10 at the arena and is set to air 7 p.m. Dec. 1 on ABC.

The special will feature Rascal Flatts, Vince Gill and Amy Grant, Lauren Alaina, Little Big Town, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Scotty McCreery, Brad Paisley, Sugarland, Darius Rucker, Keith Urban, Kellie Pickler, Brian Setzer and more performing Christmas songs and sharing personal holiday traditions.

Jennifer Nettles hosts ‘CMA Country Christmas’ at Bridgestone Arena | Tune In Music City | The Tennessean

1. Who the heck is Brian Setzer?
    2. Yay for Scotty and Lauren
    3. SHAME ON YOU CMA FOR NO CARRIE.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlandgirl4life View Post
    1. Who the heck is Brian Setzer?
    2. Yay for Scotty and Lauren
    3. SHAME ON YOU CMA FOR NO CARRIE.
    Unless you can confirm that Carrie wasn't asked to perform don't be saying shame on the CMA's.

^^^^^^You have a good point. Lost it there for a moment - crossing my fingers.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Why are those two idol people invading everything, geesh, I mean really.Enough is enough.

Dang , no Carrie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Why are those two idol people invading everything, geesh, I mean really.Enough is enough.

Dang , no Carrie
    I'm assuming you are referring to Scotty and Lauren, and they are "invading" because they both have new albums out, so they are promoting those albums with appearances like every artist does lol. I'm not sure why "enough is enough" already when the two of them have been on the scene less than a year. It's not like they've been everywhere in everyone's faces lol. They are doing reasonable promo. I'm glad to see them on the list because it will be great exposure to more country fans.

As for no Carrie, I agree with Jim. We can't be upset with the CMAs about this because they may have asked her, and she might have declined. We don't know the circumstances.
    I like the lineup for this special...lots of awesome artists!

Concert Stars
    Brian Setzer got famous for being the lead singer in the STRAY CATS... Were gonna rock this town.... LOL. No offence to this show im sure it will be great.... But it would of been increible if Carrie was on it.... Am i bias......, YOUR DAMN RIGHT.... LOL

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Brian Setzer makes great music (if you like Rockabilly revival, which I do).
    As you can see from the video, he tends to go for the "novelty" type of Christmas song (reindeer and such). Personally, I prefer more spiritual Christmas music (Gretchen Peters' Northern Lights album, for example)
    Gretchen Peters | Northern Lights | CD Baby
    I'd guess Carrie would have interpreted the meaning of Christmas more in that way, if she'd been involved.

However, a Christmas "holiday" special needs to cater for a wide variety of tastes, and Brian Setzer's music is a good part of the mix.

Concert Stars

Scotty and Lauren are two talented kids who are getting the promo they deserve. They both made great country albums, and I'd argue their success/promotion is helping American Idol bounce back in a big way.

Let's face it; the last three winners of the show haven't achieved much of anything in the music industry, harsh as it may sound. Idol needed an artist (or two) who could bring them out of their slump, and Lauren and Scotty have both managed to put the show back in the spotlight in a positive way.

Most people wrote off American Idol after the last three winners flopped; Lauren and Scotty couldn't have come along at a better time, for either Idol or the music industry.

Frankly, I've pretty sick and tired of people thinking Taylor Swift is the only artist who can speak to a young generation through her personality and lyrics. I'm really happy Lauren has arrived on the scene, to show the industry you can be a mature teenage artists who's a great performer, talented writer, and above all, a good vocalist. She's a good role model for young girls, and she doesn't have to sing about teenage boys and bullies to gain fans.

I'm not trying to pick on Taylor by comparing her against Taylor, but it's refreshing that Lauren appears to be the artist Taylor is not quite ready to be. She simply wants to ride the wave of fame and release whatever material she can; it's all about hype for Big Machine. I appreciate we now have a teenage artist who has brought country music back down-to-earth, where it should be.

As for Carrie not being included in CMA Country Christmas; just because we want Carrie to be involved in everything doesn't mean she's able to be, unfortunately. It sounds like there are some great artists involved this year, and I'm sure Carrie will be among them as soon as she's invited (or able to be involved).

In the meantime, how about some Carrie Christmas music??

Concert Stars
    I think it is a real bummer that Carrie is not part of this. I thought she would throw us a bone and perform at this since we have to wait so long for the album. This is the second time she has not appeared on this show. I wonder why??

Surely Carrie got asked before Lauren and Scotty. Of that I am certain.

I think she was asked, but declined. I wonder why? CMAS must be disappointed too, as she would bring good ratings.
    Last edited by teesharky; 10-25-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I think it is a real bummer that Carrie is not part of this. I thought she would throw us a bone and perform at this since we have to wait so long for the album. This is the second time she has not appeared on this show. I wonder why??

Surely Carrie got asked before Lauren and Scotty. Of that I am certain.

I think she was asked, but declined. I wonder why? CMAS must be disappointed too, as she would bring good ratings.
    Tee,

Lauren and Scotty are receiving huge promotional opportunities for both of their albums; I don't see why it should seem shocking they were asked to participate in this event.

Lauren and Scotty are the winner and runner-up of the biggest talent show in America, and they both happened to be getting positive reception from the country music world. Country music tries to include (newer) former Idol contestants in anything they can, and the country music singers in particular always seem to be given a wider array of opportunities starting off than Idol contestants in other genres.

I don't see how it's some big thing Lauren and Scotty were chosen for this; the label has been doing everything they can to maximize the promo for these two because of their album releases. Carrie has no album out right now, and she's hardly made any media appearances this year.

Really, do you think they'd pick an artist who has off the radar for most of the year over two Idol contestants who happen to be doing very well with their respective albums? Think about it.

I find it a little strange that you're just assuming Carrie was "snubbed" over Lauren and Scotty, and that she must have been invited to perform and had to turn it down. Realistically, Carrie cannot perform at every event in country music, and not every country artist can be invited to perform at every event. Carrie has not made many appearances this year; it would seem more realistic that she would not perform, with the way her schedule has been going this year.

Not everything is planed to be a slight against Carrie, Tee. Just saying.

Concert Stars
    ^ I said "surely Carrie was asked" and she declined. I even said it TWICE. lol

I never said Carrie was slighted. I said she was most likely asked, and she declined. I think the CMAS would want Carrie there for ratings, as she is a huge star, so even if they won't give her awards, they will invite her for her popularity and fanbase. lol

I love Scotty and Lauren and I am THRILLED for them that they are there. I may watch just to see them in fact. I never said I had a problem with them being invited. they are both so cute I could hug them. lol

My only issue was why did Carrie decline? It just feels like we as fans do not really have much to look forward to right now, so any little surprise or bone they can throw us would help.
    Last edited by teesharky; 10-26-2011 at 07:53 PM.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast