Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CMA Country Christmas 2011

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    I can't wait to see them top last year...this will be fun, haha.

(And if Sugarland sings their version of Silent Night, I will die)

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I Can't Wait To Watch This Special It Will Be Great

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlandgirl4life View Post
    I can't wait to see them top last year...this will be fun, haha.

(And if Sugarland sings their version of Silent Night, I will die)
    they do
    It'll be a great show for the most part.I wish they'd show bits of Jen when the cameras weren't rolling.She was hilarious.And that red outfit...lol.That was something.
    Brad didn't sing he just played guitar with Brian Setzer ,didn't even participate in the finale.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    I am looking forward to this special. I wish Carrie was part of this, or have her own special again!

I wish Carrie would have another special as well.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Just a reminder for those interested that this special is on tonight .

Concert Stars
    Thank you for the reminder.

I've got it DVR'd...gonna watch the Preds first

Jennifer is such a wonderful vocalist.

Concert Stars
    I am really enjoying this show! Lauren did amazing on her song. Jen is a great host.

I wish Carrie were part of this though...... I wonder why she declined? It is just a Xmas song, no pressure. It looks so fun and homey they way they do it. Love the back stories about traditions too.

Concert Stars
    I am LOVING the show this year! Everybody sounds amazing. Lauren, Scotty, LBT, Rascal Flatts, Jennifer all sounded awesome. And I love the relaxed, festive feel they created. Its just laid-back night full of great music. And I love the interviews with the artists and families. Lauren was too adorable. She said something like "I've been so blessed this year and gotten everything I've ever dreamed of, but if Santa wanted to bring me some makeup I wouldn't complain." LOL. Too cute. And the Rascal Flatts had their families and their little ones are so cute. Faith sounded beautiful as well. There should be more shows like this.

Concert Stars
    I don't think I've ever heard the other guys in Rascal Flatts sing before. Joe Don is better than Gary! Of course, Gary's voice is like nails on a chalk board to me when he sings his high stuff.

Great show though! LOVE LOVE LOVE Faith doing "Little Drummer Boy"! Lauren was great. Of course, Vince was great.

Another highlight was the "War Horse" preview. It almost made me cry! lol

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love this special! It is everything a Christmas special should be: warm, festive, and reminds everyone what Christmas is truly about. I loved the interviews between performances. It's nice to see Scotty with his parents, and Lauren with her mom. It was also nice to see Kellie and her husband appear together...they are a cute couple.
    The performances were so good tonight! Scotty and Lauren were great, especially for their first appearance on a special like this. Kellie was entertaining as always. Faith reminded everyone that she is an amazing vocalist. I had no idea the Rascal Flatts members could all sing that well. Great job by Joe Don and Jay...they have wonderful voices! Little Big Town were fantastic as always, and I'm glad they got two songs. I would have liked to seen Brad do more than play guitar lol. I loved the finale with everyone coming back out.
    Last, but certainly not least, Jennifer was a wonderful host. She is so warm and inviting. Sugarland's performance of Silent Night was so moving.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard the other guys in Rascal Flatts sing before. Joe Don is better than Gary! Of course, Gary's voice is like nails on a chalk board to me when he sings his high stuff.

Great show though! LOVE LOVE LOVE Faith doing "Little Drummer Boy"! Lauren was great. Of course, Vince was great.

Another highlight was the "War Horse" preview. It almost made me cry! lol
    I know I'm biased, but having heard Jay and Joe Don sing live several times, I do think Gary has the more commanding, unique voice of the three. He does get a little shrill at times, but I can handle that sometimes if he only does it once in awhile. I think Gary, Jay, and Joe Don are extremely talented, but Jay and JD's voices aren't all that unique & having Gary as their lead vocalist makes them stand out. Their voices are all so different though, I do appreciate they all bring something different to the table.

I did love both of their performances, and I thought they sounded fantastic on "Mary Did You Know" especially. These guys don't get enough for their harmony, IMO. They have so much chemistry onstage.

Overall, I thought the entire show was fantastic. Everyone brought their own unique twist to their performances. I can usually pick my favorite performances easily, but everyone did so well, I can't pick (OK, I can't pick a favorite after Rascal Flatts. ).

Seriously, Martina, Scotty, Lauren, Jennifer, Little Big Town, Keith, Kellie, Vince were all fantastic. My top three would probably be Rascal Flatts, Sugarland ("Silent Night"), and Lauren's performance of "My Grown Up Christmas List." I love that these shows are becoming more popular, because this is the kind of show that should be on TV. There are so many awards shows and catty stupid things to get caught up in during the year, I really loved seeing a show where I could just enjoy the music and the feel of the holiday season. I read an article yesterday that mentioned CMA Country Christmas is chosen to be filmed after the CMA's because they can then get a really high-quality show if they film it during that time. That aspect of it has really paid off, because the show looks very professional, and not as though it was thrown together last-minute.

Jennifer has the perfect personality to host this show. She's so down-to-earth and engaging; I can see why they jumped to have her host a Christmas show like this. I really enjoyed the behind-the-scenes interviews too. Seeing the stars talk about their holiday traditions gave the show a really intimate feel that (I think) doesn't always connect on big network shows.

I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a full show so much; I loved this for various reasons. The performances were released tonight, and the song will re-air on December 17th.

Concert Stars
    It was incredible. I loved every performance! Rascal Flatts did amazing tonight.... one of my favorites of the night. I also loved the Vince Gill/Amy Grant duet, and of course, Keith Urban can sing Christmas songs to me all day if he wants to. lol

Lauren and Scott both did great too.

This is such a great show. Why oh why is Carrie not a part of it??

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    What a fabulous show - Keith was awesome. loved loved Martina's spirit and so great to see Faith again and hear that wonderful voice. The Flatts are never bad to me and they were exceptional tonight - everyone was just at the top of their game. I found it strange that Brad didn't join his voice to even one note and course I truly truly missed our Carrie but besides that, it was a great great show and Jennifer was an awesome host - just a natural entertainer!! As was already mentioned, I also wish they'd do more of these shows!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Last night was AMAZING. I love Christmas anyways, so two hours with Mrs. JNett hosting a show like this just means that Christmas came early for me, haha. Everyone was awesome. My faves besides Sugarland/JNett were Scotty, Lauren, LBT Faith, and Rascal Flatts. I really loved them all though. Scotty gave me goosebumps...man oh man. Getting to hear "Silent Night" was definitely a highlight, and I LOVE Faith's rendition of Little Drummer Boy. And a non musical moment that made the show for me as well was right before Scotty took the stage when Jen started talking about the Macy's "Believe" campaign and the Make - A - Wish Foundation. And J TOTALLY owned that red outfit in the opening song! All around wonderful night

Concert Stars
    We need to beg Carrie to be part of it next year. lol

•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast