Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

James Durbin "Memories Of A Beautiful Disaster" Era

American Idol season 10 finalist James Durbin has signed with Wind-Up Records, it was announced on Monday. The label founded in 1997 by husband and wife team Alan and Diana Meltzer is home to multi-platinum rock acts Evanescence and Creed.

'American Idol' Finalist James Durbin Signs With Wind-Up Records - Hollywood Reporter
    Last edited by Naco1776; 11-21-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow. I honestly don't know what to think about that album cover.

Concert Stars
    I like the album cover. The title's a little meh, but whatever, I'll give it a chance. When's it coming out?

Edited: OK, nevermind, it says it's coming out Nov. 21. Haha, I'm definitely looking forward to it.
    Last edited by AIgrl06; 10-04-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Because I am actually able to click on a link and get information for myself.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    I like the album cover. The title's a little meh, but whatever, I'll give it a chance. When's it coming out?

Edited: OK, nevermind, it says it's coming out Nov. 21. Haha, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

That's also the release date of Daughtry's third album. It's kind of cool that Chris was also a rocker on Idol.
    I don't think James' album cover is unflattering, but something about it does seem a little odd to me. It seems these companies could hire excellent photographers with all the money they have. I haven't seen a really great album cover from a mainstream artist in a really long time.

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    James Durbin - Love Me Bad - Song Preview | James Durbin | mjsbigblog

Here is James's first single.

It's not the greatest song or the worst song, as Randy would say "it's alright, dogg".

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    My first thought upon listening is what happened to James being a metal singer lol. That song is not metal at all...it is pop-rock. Oh well. It's not bad, but it's good. It's one of those songs you might hear on the radio but not really pay close attention. Basically, it's average. I was expecting more from him.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Memories Of A Beautiful Disaster will be released by Wind-Up Records on November 21.
    1. Higher Than Heaven
    2. All I Want
    3. Love In Ruins
    4. Right Behind You
    5. Love Me Bad
    6. Deeper
    7. May
    8. Screaming
    9. Outcast - feat. Mick Mars
    10. Everything Burns
    11. Stand Up

James Durbin Album Tracklisting Revealed

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    My first thought upon listening is what happened to James being a metal singer lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    That song is not metal at all...it is pop-rock. Oh well. It's not bad, but it's good. It's one of those songs you might hear on the radio but not really pay close attention. Basically, it's average. I was expecting more from him.
    This doesn't seem all that surprising. Anyone remember when Daughtry sang hard rock on Idol? They turned him into a bland, mainstream pop-rock artist. There's really no place for metal artists on radio, either. If he wants to have any success, he needs some sort of promotion; he's unlikely to have any success if his music isn't heard. My guess is that he was willing to compromise on the sound some of the songs, because he knows he has to get his foot in the door somehow.

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieFan_01's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Edit: Nevermind
    Last edited by CarrieFan_01; 11-17-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan

David Cook is a co-writer on Screaming

Concert Stars
    James has a really good voice but it doesn't show on Love Me Bad - I'm surprised by the song - I don't think it fits him

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Here is the Cook co-write.

Concert Stars
    Boo. What a terrible thread name. Should've waited 'til we had the album name instead of posting "Debut Era."

Anyway, I (not surprisingly) listened to the "First Listen" Yahoo thing a few days ago for James's new album. There are some great songs on there ("May" comes to mind) and some real stinkers ("Love Me Bad" is so cringe-worthy). It's not the sound I'd go for if I were him (he hardly uses those pipes in the whole album). It kind of reminds me of Axl's low voice. It sounds great live, but doesn't work on studio ("It's So Easy" and "Bad Obsession" are way better live). Hopefully, it'll be the same with James. The second half of the album is WAY better than the first half. Honestly, it feels like a lot of his aspirations for that album got canned. He said he wanted to go for a Dio/Sixx AM direction before he signed on to Wind-Up, and this is really closer to a Bon Jovi (pre-Keep the Faith) or a Velvet Revolver (like Libertad) record. That's no knock to those guys, but the Dio/Sixx AM direction would've been more interesting.

When I buy the album tomorrow, I'll give a full review.

Concert Stars
    Oh. My. God.

I just wrote a ten-page review of this album and my computer just deleted it. All of it. I may try to recreate it, but I am beyond pissed. That crap was long. I KNEW this was gonna happen. I was gonna copy it when I was done, but my cursor accidentally clicked something and F***. I'm pissed. Anyway, let's see it I can *sigh* recreate it.

Man, it's gonna be a terrible review now. The best reviews are written upon first and second listen, but now I gotta give the album a third listen, which means that it's not a first-impression review anymore and all the songs will probably have grown on me by now. Great. Just great.

I probably won't recreate it. *sigh* Anyway, the best songs are "May," "Deeper," and "Everything Burns." Videos:

And the entire album sounds like:

Yeah. Whatever.

You know what? I AM gonna recreate it, and it's gonna be way better than it was initially. I'm NWA, douches. Eff tha police.

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Oh. My. God.

I just wrote a ten-page review of this album and my computer just deleted it. All of it. I may try to recreate it, but I am beyond pissed. That crap was long. I KNEW this was gonna happen. I was gonna copy it when I was done, but my cursor accidentally clicked something and F***. I'm pissed. Anyway, let's see it I can *sigh* recreate it.
    WOW...bummer...hope you can recreate it cuz I'm looking forward to reading it!! Try to have a GREAT DAY!!

Concert Stars
    Haha thanks. I edited my post. I'll try to recreate it, but it won't have as much oomph and it'll probably be riddled with comparisons to crap nobody cares about since that's what I do when I'm lazy. The edits in my post are the gist of the album, but eh, I should just review each song in detail like I'd done earlier.

It's gonna be a lot shorter and I'm gonna save often. -_-

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast