Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan carriebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hottest city in the world (for me)
    Posts
    3,143

    ''Leona Lewis - GlassHeart'' era

    LEAD single , COLLIDE :



    Different but i like it.

  • #2
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,768
    Thanks for opening this! I love both of her first two albums, but I don't really know what to think about this lead single. It isn't very good for me but is certainly growing on me big time.

    EDIT: It's on iTunes now!!! Just bought it!
    Last edited by clh_hilary; 09-06-2011 at 10:03 AM.

  • #3
    Insane Carrie Fan carriebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hottest city in the world (for me)
    Posts
    3,143
    collide debuted @ number 4 on UK single chart. if it has peaked, then it will be her lowest peak lead single...compare to Bleeding Love (#1) and Happy (#2). but She barely promoted it, so hopefully it hasn't peaked yet.

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,768
    Quote Originally Posted by carriebest View Post
    collide debuted @ number 4 on UK single chart. if it has peaked, then it will be her lowest peak lead single...compare to Bleeding Love (#1) and Happy (#2). but She barely promoted it, so hopefully it hasn't peaked yet.
    She definitely released it too soon. But then, "Happy" was performed on X-Factor, and it was riding off the success of "Spirit", and "Run" (2 singles before H) broke a digital sales record. So perhaps she's REALLY declining.

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Leona has a great voice, but her music is...boring?

    I loved her first album, but it wore on me really quickly because there was no variety.

    I like her though; hopefully she can find success somewhere.

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    Leona had better had come up with better songs than ^ "Collide". It has a nice beat but the melody line really does nothing for me. kind of bland.
    I wonder how she's going to do now with Adele already taken on the UK and the US now.
    Simon should be pulling all strings for her. lol She has one of the best voices out there but it'd do nothing for her if people aren't interested in her music.

  • #7
    Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,676
    Concert Stars
    I really liked Spirit, but Echo was okay. And I don't know how to feel about it as a lead single, I definitely preferred the ones from her other albums more cause other than the chorus I find this kind of boring. But I think she's an amazing singer

  • #8
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Leona has a great voice, but her music is...boring?

    I loved her first album, but it wore on me really quickly because there was no variety.

    I like her though; hopefully she can find success somewhere.
    "Collide" is pretty different from everything else she's released

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Leona's album has been delayed until 2012. She says she has found more songs & wants more time to work on the album, but something seems fishy...

    Leona Lewis Album Delayed Until 2012 - The Hollywood Reporter

  • #10
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Leona's album has been delayed until 2012. She says she has found more songs & wants more time to work on the album, but something seems fishy...

    Leona Lewis Album Delayed Until 2012 - The Hollywood Reporter
    Simply because she's flopping...

  • #11
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Simply because she's flopping...
    That's why I said it seems fishy. It seems like more of a sign she'll be dropped soon & I thought that as soon as I read it.
    I'm not buying that she needs more time to work on the record; she's needs a hit, I'm sure her label would rush this album if they were planning on getting it done.

  • #12
    Insane Carrie Fan carriebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hottest city in the world (for me)
    Posts
    3,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post


    That's why I said it seems fishy. It seems like more of a sign she'll be dropped soon & I thought that as soon as I read it.
    I'm not buying that she needs more time to work on the record; she's needs a hit, I'm sure her label would rush this album if they were planning on getting it done.
    'Collide' didn't flop. It just didn't meet the expectation, i guess.

    I just hope her new album will contain songs more like 'Run' , 'Bleeding Love', 'Happy'.

  • #13
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,768
    Quote Originally Posted by carriebest View Post
    'Collide' didn't flop. It just didn't meet the expectation, i guess.

    I just hope her new album will contain songs more like 'Run' , 'Bleeding Love', 'Happy'.
    It flopped. I don't think it charted anywhere apart from the Dance chart (where it hit #1) in the States. Even in her home country (they ADORE and WORSHIP her), it only peaked at #4. Even "Happy" peaked at #2 and that was already a big disppointment. Her previous lead singles, "A Moment Like This", "Bleeding Love", and "Run" (well this is not the lead single but still) all broke records when they hit #1.

  • #14
    Insane Carrie Fan carriebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hottest city in the world (for me)
    Posts
    3,143
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    It flopped. I don't think it charted anywhere apart from the Dance chart (where it hit #1) in the States. Even in her home country (they ADORE and WORSHIP her), it only peaked at #4. Even "Happy" peaked at #2 and that was already a big disppointment. Her previous lead singles, "A Moment Like This", "Bleeding Love", and "Run" (well this is not the lead single but still) all broke records when they hit #1.

    If a single that peaks at #4 is a flop, then what do we call songs that peak below that?

    IMO, it didn't flop. it just didn't meet the label expectation i guess.

  • #15
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    3,491
    Concert Stars
    What an awesome voice and what a shame better songs can't be presented for her to sing - true waste of talent!
    I'm going to keep hoping the tide will turn!

  • #16
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,768
    Quote Originally Posted by carriebest View Post
    If a single that peaks at #4 is a flop, then what do we call songs that peak below that?

    IMO, it didn't flop. it just didn't meet the label expectation i guess.
    Well, flop and underperformance would depend on the act him/herself. For example, with someone as popular as Madonna and Leona Lewis in the UK, a LEAD single that peaked outside of the Top 3 in a non-competitive week would really be a major disappointment. Plus, the UK usually lets airplay and promotions build up before releasing the lead singles to iTunes, so this #4 peak might be a very front-loaded one, and its total eventual sales might not even exceed one that hit Top 15. Hell, even Nicole Flopzinger managed to push "Don't Hold Your Breath" to the top. Her own "Happy" peaked at #2, and all her further singles all failing to reach Top 10 despite the relatively weaker album sales for "Echo". Well, perhaps it's just like, Christina Aguilera's "Bionic" debuting at #1 in the UK with the lowest sales-frame in history (She actually got outsold by both the "Glee" and "Twilight" soundtracks, but soundtracks don't chart on UK's main chart), then setting records for longest drop from #1, shortest stay in the Top 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 60, 75, 100 for a #1 album. And "Collide"'s performance is especially disappointing when Leona herself even admitted that the previous era didn't turn out as good as she thought it would be, and decided to step up her game to smash in this era.

    But to answer your initial question directly, we can call them TOTAL BOMBS!!!11!!!!! haha

    Anyhow, it's surprising that "Collide" managed to go #1 on US' Dance chart. So at least some parts of America is still interested in her -- Kylie Minogue's "All The Lovers" went #1 on Dance without charting anywhere in the States, and eventually her album opened at #18.

    She should have released "Outta My Head" from "Echo". It would have smashed everywhere! But then, I understand why they didn't -- it's a major shift from her original sound, and she already failed with what some might seen as guaranteed smash: "Happy" (A Ryan Tedder ballad, the man behind "Bleeding Love", "Battlefield", "Already Gone", "Apologize", "Rumour Has It", "Halo", "All The Right Moves", "Secrets", "Good Life" and more), "I Got You" (A Max Martin product, the man who gave successes to Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne and many more), and then "I See You" (From the biggest-grossing movie of all-time: "Avatar". The previous record holder got "My Heart Will Go On". The same person wrote both songs).


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •