Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Little Big Town- "Scattered, Smothered & Covered

This series has been out for awhile, but the covers are so amazing, they deserve their own thread. Seriously, I'm not even an LBT fan, but their covers just blow me away.

This week's cover:

Scattered, Smothered & Covered: "I Want You Back" - Jackson 5 - YouTube!

Can't. Stop. Listening. This band's talent is just insane.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I love LBT and their Scattered, Smothered, Covered! My favorites are 'Rolling in the Deep' and 'Born This Way'.

LBT is immensely talented, it's sad that they don't get the recognition that they deserve.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I really really like them also and haven't been able to understand what their problem is - do you think its a label problem. They are so talented but I personally don't always like their song choices. Comments anyone?

Concert Stars
    GAC just had a special with LBT that I watched the other night. It was very informative of them as individuals and as a group. It's a shame that with all their talent that their songs aren't charting better. I cannot believe that "Boondocks" peaked at 9, and they have yet to chart a number 1. We saw them when they opened for Carrie and I must say the are incredible live.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    I really really like them also and haven't been able to understand what their problem is - do you think its a label problem. They are so talented but I personally don't always like their song choices. Comments anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    GAC just had a special with LBT that I watched the other night. It was very informative of them as individuals and as a group. It's a shame that with all their talent that their songs aren't charting better. I cannot believe that "Boondocks" peaked at 9, and they have yet to chart a number 1. We saw them when they opened for Carrie and I must say the are incredible live.
    I saw them when they opened for Carrie too, having heard of them, but that was about it.

When I saw them live though, I was absolutely blown away. Wow. Hands-down one of the most talented live acts in any genre, in my opinion. I'm not even a fan of their recorded music, but I'd still go see them live again in a heartbeat.

DizzyDollyDee,

I'm not sure why they cannot get radio play either. They're on a pretty well-known label, and I would think they're just not the priority & are overshadowed by the superstars. They seem to have a dedicated fanbase despite the little radio play, which is great.

If you can't breakthrough on radio, the label is going to give priority to the superstar acts who have the hits, fanbase, etc. For some reason, they weren't able to keep the momentum going after "Boondoocks," and I think that was probably due to poor promotion/label support.

It's a shame they had a second shot at breaking through with LWC, but "Kiss Goodbye" killed all the buzz.

I think it'd be difficult to change the formula they've used as a group though, just because they've struggled and continued to fight for a spot in country music. If they've fought this hard doing it "their way" I'd think it'd be hard to convince them to change for the sake of a little mainstream success.

I LOVED "Kiss Goodbye" (one of 3 LBT songs I have on my Ipod), but I wasn't surprised to hear they were the ones who wanted it released as a single.

Maybe with a little more guidance from the label they'd be able to break through; I'm sure they'd know how to keep the momentum going.

Who knows though. I really think a group this talented is meant to be country music. LBT is just destined to be a group, IMO.

Even though I know they've had a difficult time breaking through, I just feel like it's meant to be for them.

Not all acts are meant to become superstars. This may sound crazy, but when I think about everything they've been through, both personally and professionally, I can't help but think maybe it's life's way of saying they're just meant to be friends making music who became united for their love for each other and music. Nothing more, nothing less. Just people who have a genuine love for what they do, but can still be unaffected by the negative sides of fame.

Without all the mainstream pressure, I would think you have a lot more freedom to be who you truly want to be, both as an artist and a person. Maybe they were meant to do that sort of thing so they don't lose their genuine love for music, and don't have to worry about getting caught up in the fame, and being so famous you can't go anywhere without anyone recognizing you.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    LBT is absolutely AMAZING - live and otherwise.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I for one will continue to support them in whatever ways I can and hope their song selections improve. Its really something how your perception of people changes when you see them live!! It can make or break them as whether I continue to be a fan - when they can sing awesome without autotune and I like what they stand for, it's hard to get me away from tootin my horn about them!!!
    Enjoyed your post Carrieflattsfan!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I agree - its almost like they must have ruffled some feathers somewhere but in that business who knows.

Concert Stars
    ^^ It appears that radio are more supportive of the "younger" generation. No disrespect toward TBP, as they are talented, but they seem to have more support over LBT. It's too bad for LBT because they are enormously talented.

Concert Stars
    ^^ Exactly! I think it is radio's lack of airplay -- not label nor co-artists. Also, I think seeing/hearing them LIVE gives one more appreciation for their extreme talent; that which is not obvious on recorded material.

Concert Stars

Concert Stars

That is an amazing video. The behind the scenes showed led me to think it would look be different, but I love how it came out. Becky Fluke is an amazing director.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    For those who can't get to the CMT video because of their daft "regional restrictions", the video is about to be generally released, and will probably soon appear on You Tube.

In the meantime, here's a live performance (with Karen Fairchild taking lead)

I'm sure most of you know, that is a Hillary Lindsey song - and her own version (not commercially released) is pretty sensational. Karen is also very good - and I hope they have the huge success they deserve.

(As for the general question why they don't get a little more love from Mainstream radio - I'm afraid being so obviously influenced by the group some of these stations love to hate doesn't always help in getting them contemporary stylistic recognition. It's their loss, though - LBT are are one of the best sounds around)

Concert Stars
    I watched the video yesterday; LBT has outdone themselves.
    The video is stunning visually & the black & white is very sophisticated.
    The song is so simple, but it needed something that focuses the attention on the emotion of the song, instead of visuals.
    Very well-done; I loved it.

Concert Stars

^^^^^^How awesome of them to do that - and cool car, haha.

Concert Stars
    Little Big Town performed their cover of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" on The Rosie Show. I was so surprised to hear they sang this song on the show, but it's great (as usual). I'm glad they got to perform their cover of the song, because it's phenomenal; more people need to hear it, IMO.

Faraway Hills,

Thank you so much for posting Hillary's version of "Shut Up Train." There really is something to be said about the writer of a song being able to pull the emotion of the lyrics from an entirely different place. Little Big Town's version is phenomenal as well, but Hilary's version just blew me away from the first few notes.

Concert Stars
    Seriously, how do they make such pop fluff sound so f***ing good?? Insane.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast