Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pistol Annies "Hell On Heels" Era

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Pistol Annies "Hell On Heels" Era

Since the album was released today & it doesn't fit in the "Four The Record" era, I wanted to start a separate thread.

The album debuted at #1 on the country Itunes chart & it's also the number one album in all genres on Itunes right now.

I'm so happy for them; this is huge exposure.

Some reviews, posted by Claire in Miranda's thread earlier:

GAC Album Review: Pistol Annies’ Hell On Heels | GAC News & Notes

Pistol Annies, ‘Hell on Heels’ – Album Review - Taste of Country

Album reviews: Pistol Annies “Hell on Heels” and Sunny Sweeney “Concrete” - Click Track - The Washington Post

Pistol Annies - Hell On Heels | Country Music Reviews, Taylor Swift to Lady Antebellum | Roughstock.com

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The album is #1 on iTunes country album charts in Canada, and #4 on overall albums.

Concert Stars
    Just listened to a clip of H on H.
    Her voice actually sounds better to me in a group.
    Thats not a shot at her, I just think it does.

Concert Stars
    Wow. How did it debut at number 1 on the itunes all genre chart? No one even heard of this new band? Wow. This is all the power of Miranda.

Watch Miranda sell like 500k albums on November 1st, if even her side project is doing this well. I thought it would do like 40k. If it is number 1 on itunes, it might do 100k easy.

That is phenominal for a new, unknown act.

Kind of scaring me about Carrie's debut now.

There must be no other new albums debuting this week that can compete with them. They clearly picked a good week for a new album. Watch it land at number 1 on the Billboard 200. I never ever expected it to do this well so fast. wow.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Is this not a digital release only?

I'm so happy for Ashley Monroe, she'll get the lots of exposure for this. Hope she releases a solo album.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    So far I only bought Beige, the album is too country for me as a whole.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I'm so happy for Ashley Monroe, she'll get the lots of exposure for this. Hope she releases a solo album.
    Some of you may know I've been a fan of Ashley ("Hippie Annie"), even before I first started following Carrie.

However, Angaleena Presley ("Holler Annie") was the one I knew least about. She is really good, and I think (as with all the Annies), it's well worth exploring her solo work. Here she is, singing "Good Christian Girl" at the Bluebird a couple of years ago:

If you follow Ashton Shepherd, you may know that Angaleena wrote "Look It Up", the lead song off Ashton's second album. Here's Angaleena herself singing that song (the day after Miranda's wedding), at Wade Bowen's annual charity event at Waco, TX. What I find interesting is that both "Look It Up" and the Pistol Annies' new songs are doing well on Mainstream Country radio - and here, Angaleena is performing the song to a hard core Country audience, who are probably more used to people like Cody Canada and Reckless Kelly - so she's really building some bridges!

Concert Stars
    Me too! I've been in love with Ashley's voice since this:

It's distinctive and unmistakably "country", I love her tone.

Hopefully she can get more momentum as a solo artist with the success of the Annie's album.

I'd love it if she could put out another album & finally break through. She's amazing.

Concert Stars

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^^The great reviews just keep coming for this project! I'm so happy for these ladies.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I love Ashley's voice. I'm hoping that she'll get more exposure as a solo artist because of the Pistol Annies. I'd love to listen to her solo cd.

Concert Stars

"Hell On Heels" is still number one on the country & over Itunes charts. Very, very impressive!

The song is also #3 on country singles.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Is this not a digital release only?
    I don't know if it's digital only, but it is only available on iTunes or the Pistol Annies official website. I was hoping to try it before I buy it so to speak and there is a website that I can typically use to download new albums, but they don't have Pistol Annies yet. I'm wondering if it's because of the limited outlets for purchase.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I don't know if it's digital only, but it is only available on iTunes or the Pistol Annies official website. I was hoping to try it before I buy it so to speak and there is a website that I can typically use to download new albums, but they don't have Pistol Annies yet. I'm wondering if it's because of the limited outlets for purchase.
    Yeah, I've heard you can only order a physical copy of the album on their website.

You can buy all the songs individually on Itunes/Amazon though.

Concert Stars
    I like the other two people's voices better than Miranda's on Hell on Heels...which is the only song of theirs I've listened to...

Also, Angie Harmon fully endorses this group. Not that it matters, really, since most of you probably don't know who Angie Harmon is and if you do, you won't let her influence your purchasing. I'm just throwin' that fact out there. xD

Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post
    I like the other two people's voices better than Miranda's on Hell on Heels...which is the only song of theirs I've listened to...

Also, Angie Harmon fully endorses this group. Not that it matters, really, since most of you probably don't know who Angie Harmon is and if you do, you won't let her influence your purchasing. I'm just throwin' that fact out there. xD
    I thought you're Angie Harmon? lol

Concert Stars
    I thought you're Angie Harmon? lol
    I'm just tryin' to see if you know who I am. Most people don't. That makes me sad.

Follow me on Twitter! @Angie_Harmon...not @nannyluvscmu, but you can follow me there too. I'm in a race to get to 100,000 followers!

Anyway, the point of my previous statement about my endorsement of the Pistol Annies was that my liking of their album will not make YOU like their album. I mean, you guys didn't all go buy Speak Now, even when I said it was good...

Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post
    I'm just tryin' to see if you know who I am. Most people don't. That makes me sad.

Follow me on Twitter! @Angie_Harmon...not @nannyluvscmu, but you can follow me there too. I'm in a race to get to 100,000 followers!

Anyway, the point of my previous statement about my endorsement of the Pistol Annies was that my liking of their album will not make YOU like their album. I mean, you guys didn't all go buy Speak Now, even when I said it was good...
    When it comes to Taylor and her albums, only Tee's enthusiastic endorsement can compel me to buy her album.....which means it won't happen, lol. .

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast