Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Martina McBride "Eleven" Era

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Martina McBride "Eleven" Era

Martina McBride to Release ‘Eleven’ on October 11

Martina McBride has established herself as a mainstay in country music and she plans to continue the tradition with her 11th studio album, aptly titled, Eleven.

Slated for release on October 11, the project will feature some of Martina’s most personal songs to date, with the powerhouse vocalist penning 6 of the 11 tracks.

http://www.countrymusicislove.com/20...ctober-11.html

Insane Carrie Fan
    what's with all these "number" significance that translates into the title of the album. lol
    Adele-21, Miranda-FOUR the record, Martina-ELEVEN.

I wonder how this album will do. I don't know how I feel about Martina being this involved in the writing of songs. hmm, we'll see.

Concert Stars
    I bet when she tours all the Amps will go up to 11 instead of 10.... Who would of ever thought that Martina would have something in common with
    SPINAL TAP.... LOL

PS- 11 songs on an album seems to be a bit of a rip-off in this day and age..... Maybe there will be 11 bonus tracks.....
    PSS-good thing this album didnt come out in 1999...

I like the album cover...Martina looks great...

"Shine" debuted Top 10 and #1 on Country on the strength of a Top 10 single, "Ride", with "Teenage Daughter" performing well below what "Ride" did, and "I'm Gonna Go Through This With You" or whatever it's called picking it up perhaps even slower than "I Just Call You Mine", I suppose we'll be seeing some pretty low numbers like 20k to 30k copies.

Concert Stars
    Unfortunately one of the great voices in country today has a hard time choosing material. Cause the voice is in great shape.
    Hope she gets it right this time around.

She has never been someone who has the best materials though...She was just lucky enough to come across with an amount of materials that suit her voice.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    what's with all these "number" significance that translates into the title of the album. lol
    Adele-21, Miranda-FOUR the record, Martina-ELEVEN.

I wonder how this album will do. I don't know how I feel about Martina being this involved in the writing of songs. hmm, we'll see.
    Beyonce - 4

Anyway, I kind of like the album cover. Kind of.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The video for "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" is up on CMT:

@FollowCMT: *NEW VIDEO* @MartinaMcBride, "I'm Gonna Love You Through It." See the video with @SherylCrow, @robinroberts & more:

CMT : Videos : Martina McBride : I'm Gonna Love You Through It

The video has been posted on Martina's youtube channel too:

Update: I just watched the video. Get those tissues ready! This video/song made me burst into tears; that's never happened the first time I watched a video.

I found it to be so sad, true, and inspiring. Anyone who has supported someone through cancer needs to watch this.

Thank you, Martina, for this beautiful song and video- it's how I felt when I supported my own family through this horrible disease.
    Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 08-17-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Great, great video. I definitely shed a few tears throughout. Martina does a great job with this song.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

@FollowCMT: *NEW VIDEO* @MartinaMcBride, "I'm Gonna Love You Through It." See the video with @SherylCrow, @robinroberts & more:

Update: I just watched the video. Get those tissues ready! This video/song made me burst into tears; that's never happened the first time I watched a video.

I found it to be so sad, true, and inspiring. Anyone who has supported someone through cancer needs to watch this.

Thank you, Martina, for this beautiful song and video- it's how I felt when I supported my own family through this horrible disease.
    What Sheryl Crow said, "when you're diagnosed with cancer, everybody around you is diagnosed as well" is so true.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

this is just so touching...
    what a beautiful song and video

Martina covers Sara Bareilles' "Love Song": Martina McBride covers Sara Bareilles' 'Love Song' on 'CMT Unplugged' | The Music Mix | EW.com

What do you guys think of her version?

Concert Stars
    I like it! Martina is so talented that whenever she actually gets to sing songs worthy of her, she shines.

Ie--- she nailed that cover of Blue Bayou on her last album. So beautiful.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Martina sounds fantastic on that song! I don't get how she can chose some of the songs she sings. THIS is the kind of material she should be using!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Whatch Gonna Do gives me a "consider me gone" vibe lyrics-wise. Another song she plays in the unplugged concert is "Safe in the Arms of Love". Is that a new song too? If it is I'm really digging it. It has an early 90's pop-country vibe.

Insane Carrie Fan
    "Safe In The Arms Of Love" was recorded in 1995 and peaked at #4 on country chart.
    the music video is cute. lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Thanks. I feel bad but I think that was my favorite performance besides "I'm Gonna Love You Through It".

The music video to "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" is on iTunes and it's being given away for free to promote the single. It works for me, I bought the single afterwards.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast