Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Luke Bryan "Tailgates and Tanlines" Era

Luke Bryan's "Tailgates and Tanlines" is out today.

It's already #1 on Itunes.

I'm listening to the album now; it has a beachy summery feel to it- but in a good way.

You can listen to the album here:

CMT.com : Luke Bryan : Album

Concert Stars
    That's the name of the album? Odd choice if it is - certainly says party hardy, funtime vibe - have to go listen

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    That's the name of the album? Odd choice if it is - certainly says party hardy, funtime vibe - have to go listen
    Yes, it is. I listened to the album, and it has that vibe all the way through.

Concert Stars

Billboard Country Update is reporting Luke's new single is "I Don't Want This Night To End."

You can listen to it over at Mediabase.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

Billboard Country Update is reporting Luke's new single is "I Don't Want This Night To End."

You can listen to it over at Mediabase.
    That makes me excited! That's my favorite one off his new album - which is really good by the way. 'Country Girl (Shake It For Me)' does not reflect what this album is. IMO, CGSIFM was a poor lead single song, because the album is so much better than that song.

Concert Stars

Concert Stars

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^^At least the reviewer seems to like Luke, and just not like the album. I feel the same way actually. Luke is so much better than "Country Girl"...it's a shame that he will likely now continue to release similar material due to its success.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    ^^At least the reviewer seems to like Luke, and just not like the album. I feel the same way actually. Luke is so much better than "Country Girl"...it's a shame that he will likely now continue to release similar material due to its success.
    That's generally how I feel about Luke as well. He has a great voice, but I'm kind of confused as to why "Country Girl" and this album are what helped him breakthrough.

The album has a nice feel to it, but I'm actually shocked to see so many people calling it a great album. I think he has so much potential, I just hope he can deliver some stronger material next time around.

But, as you mentioned, it's more likely he'll continue recording these kinds of songs because they've made him so successful.

Much like Lady A & Keith Urban, recording songs in the vein on ones that made you successful in the first place isn't always the best move.

Concert Stars
    This is so random....

Luke covering "Bad Romance."

http://www.937thebull.com/pages/dust...rticle=9134692

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Haha! Love it! Luke is pretty awesome...I wish that he would receive a little more recognition. I've only listened to the two singles from Tailgates & Tanlines...but I like them. Actually, I like Country Girl, but I love I Don't Want This Night To End! Hope it does well for him

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Glad to see there is a thread for this. I got Luke's album a few weeks ago after I saw him at a free concert at the Kentucky State Fair. I loved several of the songs and decided to get it. I absolutely love the album and the only song I don't really like is Harvest Time, just because farming songs aren't my thing. My favorite song is Drunk on You, but I also love Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye, You Don't Know Jack, and the new single. He filmed part of the video for the new single at the concert I went to. I actually think this album is one of my favorites released in the last couple of years by a country artist. Then again, I am in the minority that LOVES CGSIFM and blasts the radio every time it comes on. Sometimes songs just need to have a good beat and make you want to dance and that song has both of those in spades!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars

Concert Stars

Concert Stars

Luke with ESPN Host Erin Andrews.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I saw Luke in concert on Saturday night (9/24) and I must say it was amazing. In all honesty I wasn't as excited for his concert as I have been for other concerts in the past, but boy was I wrong. He put on a fantastic show that kept me entertained throughout the whole night. He interacted with the crowd incredibly. The only request I would have had, would have been for his opening acts to come out at the end and sing a song or something with him.

Concert Stars

5 63 40 29 BRYAN*LUKE I DON'T WANT THIS NIGHT TO END 38225 21 31566 146787

9 78 84 88 BRYAN*LUKE COUNTRY GIRL (SHAKE IT FOR ME) 15585 -8 17019 160496

Hot Digital Songs

•