Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Daughtry- 3rd Album 11/21/11

While there's no release date/title for the new Daughtry album, Chris has been sharing tons of details & tweeting pictures, so I thought a new thread would be a good place to put all the info.

Drums for album 3 are complete!!! Robin did an OUTSTANDING job! Very proud and happy to have him Drums for album 3 are complete!!! Robin did an OUTSTANDING jo... on Twitpic

Back in the studio! on Twitpic

Steely is killing it! on Twitpic

The song we're working on right now is SO rock!!!!! I can't wait for you all to hear it!

B-Crad layin it down! on Twitpic
    Laying down acoustics on a ballad on Twitpic
    Day 2 in the studio on Twitpic
    1st day of tracking drums! Off to a great start! Here's a lil taste of Robin on the skins Chris Daughtry - 1st day of tracking drums! Off to a great start! Here's a lil taste of Robin on the skins - Twitvid
    Our boy Robin KILLED it today! Knocked out 6 tunes! Very proud. Sounds incredible
    Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 09-15-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Concert Stars
    Chris Tweeted today they're done with the photoshoot for the third album.

Headed out to the dessert...gonna be a scorcher Headed out to the dessert...gonna be a scorcher on Twitpic

The photo shoot is looking incredible! The location is so sweet! It's definitely hot but worth it!

Gotta say, the shots I've seen from this shoot so far make us look way better than we really do

Concert Stars

http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/aug...and_more.shtml

t's always cliche to say "this is our best stuff yet" but SERIOUSLY I'm so proud of this record! We're halfway done & it's blowing my mind!

Got a busy day ahead of me in the studio. Doing vocals today on one of our potential singles for this record...maybe the first single

Cutting vocals on one of the most rockin tunes on the record! Having so much fun with this

Studio work is finished for the day...back at the apartment working with @DirtyUniversity working on a great song for him! It's so awesome!

We should be hearing a release date any day now.

Concert Stars
    The release date has been set for November 21st, six years to the day their debut record was released. Whoohoo!!! Love Chris.

Chris Daughtry Confirms Album Release Date - November 21 | American Idol, Chris Daughtry | mjsbigblog

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Pretty excited about this! Never really gotten into Daughtry albums, but have bought both of them. I end up liking some of the songs, but not the album as a whole. However, my mom absolutely ADORES Chris, so now I get to share this news with her Thanks for posting!

Concert Stars
    A new track from the upcoming album was released on Daughtry's website today!

It's called "Renegade;" you get an instant download of the track if you pre-order the upcoming album.

Daughtry Debuts New Song "Renegade" - Song Stream! | American Idol, Chris Daughtry | mjsbigblog

The link on MJ's blog leads to the official stream, on Daughtry's website.

New Daughtry! | DaughtryOfficial.com

Concert Stars
    I am loving this new song Renegade! It is definitely harder then his other stuff. It has an old school rock feel to it....I cannot wait till his new album!

Concert Stars
    Another clip was released on their website today; "Crawling Back To You."

I really like the sound of this one!

DaughtryOfficial.com | The official Daughtry site
    "

Concert Stars
    ^they both sound pretty awesome..cant wait for the new album!

Concert Stars
    Chris just tweeted they're filming a live video for "Renegade."

Oh and one more thing: We're filming the show tonight so you just might see yourself in the video for #RENEGADE

I suppose this is a new direction for them. But I'm not feeling it right now.

Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    I just listened to "Crawling Back To You."

It sounds like a song in the vein of their earlier (notably "Over You"), which isn't a bad thing.

Chris's vocals are perfection on this song; that alone will probably mean it gets a ton of plays from me.

Those who didn't care for "Renegade" but liked their earlier material will probably like this.

Personally, I can't wait to hear the ballads on the album; those are Chris's niche, and the whole reason I buy Daughtry records.

Anything along the lines of "Tennesee Line", "Home" or "September" and I'll be a happy girl.

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    New song from Daughtry! This one is called Drown In You. It is featured on the soundtrack for the Batman: Arkham City soundtrack. I doubt that it will be included on the new album now, but I really like it!

First Listen! Hear Daughtry's New Batman Song, "Drown in You" - E! Online

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by dsfox2009 View Post
    New song from Daughtry! This one is called Drown In You. It is featured on the soundtrack for the Batman: Arkham City soundtrack. I doubt that it will be included on the new album now, but I really like it!

First Listen! Hear Daughtry's New Batman Song, "Drown in You" - E! Online
    Thanks for posting! I like it.
    Chris tweeted awhile ago that this song will not be on Daughtry's new album.
    I'm amazed at Chris's ability to "scream" like a rocker, but still have such control over his voice.
    Truly one of the best male voices today.

Concert Stars
    @Chris_Daughtry: Seems to be some confusion on this Arkham City sitch. "Drown In You" is NOT in the game, NOT in a movie, it IS on the soundtrack

@Chris_Daughtry: And "RENEGADE" is ONLY at rock radio! Crawling Back To You is our primary single at radio

Concert Stars
    The album has been named! "Break The Spell" will be released Nov. 21st, 2011.

Per tweet from Chris:

@Chris_Daughtry: 'It's official! The new album is titled "Break The Spell"!!! In stores and iTunes November 21st!!! Tell your friends

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Heard Crawling Back to You today on radio and it really sounds like it can be a hit. Totally agree with ballads being there each the three songs you mentioned are my favorite three along with It's Not Over and All these Lives.

Concert Stars
    'Break The Spell' is available everywhere on November 21st! The deluxe edition will include four bonus tracks, and is available to preorder at Amazon now.

Concert Stars
    @Chris_Daughtry: It's Oct 4th! "Crawling Back To You" and Arkham City soundtrack with "Drown In You" is on iTunes! Treat yourself...it's Tuesday

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast