Ultimate Carrie Fan

Oak Ridge Boys invited to join the Grand Ole Opry

Nice to see that the Old Ridge Boys will be inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in August.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Nice to see that the Old Ridge Boys will be inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in August.

If we think of how quick Carrie Underwood was inducted, it shows us how big Carrie's influences in Country Music !

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Congrats To The Oak Ridge Boys

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I can't believe they weren't in decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    LOL, I just assumed that they were already members! They should have been already in there...so happy for them...

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    Me too. I wonder why - was it them or the Opry that this didn't happen sooner. On a side note, George Strait, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill are not Opry members.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Congrats to them!

I really hope the rumor about Rascal Flatts being inducted next is true!!!!!

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think it was George decision he was not going to available to perform at GOO. I think asking RF to be members would be smart. They like Carrie are loyal to their responsibilities and think they would perform frequently if they were members.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Surprised about George not so much about Tim and Faith. Well maybe Tim but back in the day establishment country kinda shunned Shania and Faith.
    I heard Opry membership has a lot to do with how often you play there. I've never heard of Tim, Faith, Shania or George performing there, let alone being invited back.

Edit: According to the Opry's Wikkipedia page, an artist must play there at least 26 times a year to retain "standing membership." I'm not sure how accurate this is though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Ole_Opry#Membership

I also think RF would be loyal performers at the Opry if they were invited to be members. To my knowledge, they've played there everytime they've been asked.

They mentioned in an interview awhile back that now that they've been around ten years they have a lot more control over their schedules and one of the things they were excited about was being able to accept invitations to play at the Opry more often.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I think it was George decision he was not going to available to perform at GOO. I think asking RF to be members would be smart. They like Carrie are loyal to their responsibilities and think they would perform frequently if they were members.
    I can't understand why there aren't more artists like Carrie deliberately coming back to perform at the Grand Ole' Opry.
    I mean if it were me, I'd be there every chance I've got. it's country's OLDEST and most FAMOUS stages! I would so be lovin' on it.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    26 times a year is a lot. With the busy touring schedules a lot of artists have, they simply may not be able to be there that many times.

•