Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

Shania To Attend CMAFest

I just heard a radio interview with Shania and she says she will be at CMA Fest this year. She will host a special brunch. However she will not be performing. Apparently she is fighting some kind of voice problem that have been going on for a while. She mentioned the name of the condition, but I didn't catch it. But the problem is with the muscles around the larnyx and it is caused by physical and emotional stress. But the vocal cords are fine. She says that all her recent activity (book, TV show, etc.) are, at least in part, therapy to overcome the stress that is causing the problem.

Hopefully she can overcome this problem and we can get some new music from her sometime down the line.

just another fan

im sure mr potter and the members of his church of shania will be there in full force

Insane Carrie Fan
    I just heard that on the interview as well! now I wish more than ever that carrie were also set to perform. imagine how awesome it would be for them to meet, become friends and even POSSIBLY collab in the future!!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Shania talked about the condition in her Redbook interview:

The affair and divorce left Shania with a condition called dysphonia. “It’s a constriction that’s both psychological and emotional, and it literally does choke the muscles around the voice box,” she explains.

“When my marriage broke down, I got so physically constricted that I couldn’t get any volume out at all,” Shania says. “I couldn’t even call for my dog. I realize I couldn’t live without singing and had to do something about it. This is why I was like, ‘Just get it all out right now. Clean the pipes.’”

Shania Twain Covers ‘Redbook,’ Opens Up About Personal Struggles-Country Music Is Love

Concert Stars
    Shania was on Oprah earlier this week. they announced that Shania will be sponsoring all the audience to attend the CMA Fest and also to attend a private brunch with Shania in Nashville. i understand she may also do a book signing for her new autobiography From This Moment On and meeting the public. she is unable to sing.
    but it would be awesome if she gets her voice back for Carrie and her to sing together!

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ yeah I saw the whole interview on oprah as I'm a HUGE fan of hers.
    It's a pity about her vocals closing up on her but with therapy and others-hopefully she will be able to sing again.
    I just would love it more than anything if carrie and shania could meet up. and really, who knows, if in the future she wants to come back-who's better to introduce her back into country.

•