Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Rebecca Black - "Friday"/Debut Album Era

So...Godbecca's legendary smash "Friday" has just passed 60 million in views on Youtube, beaten Justin Bieber featuring Ludacris' "Baby"'s most disliked record, goin' for its most discussed/commented record and is soaring on the all-time views chart. She also broke Britney Spears' record (with "Femme Fatale") for the longest trending 'object' (non-stop) on Twitter and is currently the #5 on the all-time trending tally. She's also reached as high as #15 on iTunes last Friday (an IMPROVEMENT over last last Friday) and is very likely to go higher on the Hot 100 (possibly to enter the Top 50). It's also charting in the United Kingdom, New Zealand (where it hits the Top 40 already). It's also Top 10 on UK Independent Chart, #2 on US Billboard Heatseeker Chart, and broke the record for highest debut on Buzz 100 on Billboard. She's also received praises from people like Lady GaGa, Chris Brown (could be a sacrastic one) and Simon Cowell.

IMO, although the lyric to the track is pretty trashy, espcially the breakdown part, but the song itself is very catchy and I seriously don't think she's all that bad of a singer, considering what we have now (Ke$ha, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Rihanna etc.). Vocally I think her problem is so much 'nose' voice, she actually sounds pretty promising unplugged. She also sang a small part of the "Star-Spangled Banned/Nation Anthem" on Good Morning America and it was decent.

On other news, rumor has it that her second single's gonna be called "L.O.L." and she will definitely be releasing a debut album. You can follow her on Twitter on @msrebeccablack for her latest news. Oh, and her dream duet partner would be Justin Bieber (and I heard that he sang a part of "Friday" during one of his concerts). Oh, and, I actually think the chorus to "Friday" resembles Bieber's "Baby" (which is his only song I like) A LOT! And of course its repeativeness can't even compare ("It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday" vs "Baby, baby, baby, oh; Baby, baby, baby, oh; Baby, baby, baby, oh") so I don't get how people are trashing Godbecca like she's the only one who's produced such music (and she did not even write or produce the track).

#Godbecca4Life

By the way, I think this coming Friday the track could actually reach Top 10 on iTunes and snatch Lady GaGa ("Born This Way", already passed her on Youtube views), Jennifer Lopez ("On The Floor" featuring Pitball), Katy Perry (+ Kanye West with "E.T."), Ke$ha ("Blow"), Adele ("Rolling In The Deep"), Britney Spears (already passed her, though), Chris Brown's wigs.

Insane Carrie Fan
    lol people don't hate her because she's famous, she's famous because people hate her

"friday" went viral because of how many popular music sites trashed it and dubbed it the worst song ever.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I think i might pass on this album. She really is a sweet person but I just got the song out of my head two days ago.

Haha, I know. But I'm sayin' "Friday" is actually just as 'bad' as many of our current pop hits are, and she's not exactly the worst singer in the world.

Btw,

For those wondering if Rebecca Black's "Friday" moment in the sun has passed -- it hasn't. The tune jumps 57-38 on Digital Songs with 50,000 sold (up 35%).

#GodbeccaGetsThat$

She has no airplay, can it possibly give her a Top 50 placement? I believe it should be Top 60 though (last week it was at #72), espcially with massive streaming (up from 40 million to 60?) and Billboard counting Vevo views.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This girl has a record deal?? Good lord, what in the world is happening here?? Her "Unplugged" performance was absolutely one of the worst I've ever heard. So sad in so many ways.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I saw this video on Youtube the other day and I couldnt belive it has 60 million views. I read about being more hated than "Baby" so I looked for it and that one was 500 million views!! x 1000. What's wrong with this world?

The confirmed second single is rumored to be renamed "LOL" and reported to contain a line of lyric like "BFF you got me LOL" in the chorus.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    The confirmed second single is rumored to be renamed "LOL" and reported to contain a line of lyric like "BFF you got me LOL" in the chorus.
    Oh...My.

2nd week spins

Station Spins LW Format Market Market Rank
    KHKZ-FM 5 Hot AC McAllen 59
    KMXV-FM 5 Top 40 Kansas City 32
    CFWD-FM 4 Canada-Top 40 Saskatoon 17
    KKOB-FM 3 Top 40 Albuquerque 68
    Sirius Hits 3 Top 40 >SiriusXM 0
    WEZB-FM 3 Top 40 New Orleans 52
    WQSM-FM 3 Hot AC Fayetteville, NC 127
    KBEA-FM 2 Top 40 Quad Cities, IA-IL 147
    KHTC-FM 2 Rhythmic Minneapolis 16
    KIOZ-FM 2 Active Rock San Diego 17
    KJYO-FM 2 Top 40 Oklahoma City 48
    KKPN-FM 2 Top 40 Corpus Christi, TX 137
    KLAL-FM 2 Top 40 Little Rock 85
    KXXM-FM 2 Top 40 San Antonio 31
    WABB-FM 2 Top 40 Mobile 95
    WAEB-FM 2 Top 40 Allentown 69
    WBZZ-FM 2 Hot AC Pittsburgh 25
    WDJX-FM 2 Top 40 Louisville 54
    WDOD-FM 2 Top 40 Chattanooga 106
    WERO-FM 2 Top 40 Greenville, NC 86
    WHHD-FM 2 Top 40 Augusta, GA 109
    WHHY-FM 2 Top 40 Montgomery, AL 154
    WJIM-FM 2 Top 40 Lansing 125
    WLAN-FM 2 Top 40 Lancaster 112
    WMC-FM 2 Hot AC Memphis 49
    WMGB-FM 2 Top 40 Macon, GA 156
    WPRO-FM 2 Top 40 Providence 41
    WRVW-FM 2 Top 40 Nashville 44
    WWCK-FM 2 Top 40 Flint, MI 128
    WWST-FM 2 Top 40 Knoxville 71
    WXLK-FM 2 Top 40 Roanoke, VA 113
    WXXX-FM 2 Top 40 Burlington, VT 140
    WXYK-FM 2 Top 40 Biloxi 155
    WZPL-FM 2 Hot AC Indianapolis 39
    WZYP-FM 2 Top 40 Huntsville 107
    CIBK-FM 1 Canada-Top 40 Calgary 5
    CIGM-FM 1 Canada-Top 40 Sudbury 0
    CJOT-FM 1 Canada-Main AC Ottawa 4
    KBOS-FM 1 Rhythmic Fresno 66
    KHFI-FM 1 Top 40 Austin 38
    KLJT-FM 1 Top 40 Tyler, TX 145
    KLLY-FM 1 Hot AC Bakersfield 75
    KLUC-FM 1 Rhythmic Las Vegas 33
    KMHX-FM 1 Hot AC Santa Rosa, CA 119
    KSMB-FM 1 Top 40 Lafayette, LA 105
    KTBT-FM 1 Rhythmic Tulsa 65
    Shade 45 1 Urban >SiriusXM 0
    WAHR-FM 1 Hot AC Huntsville 107
    WAYV-FM 1 Hot AC Atlantic City, NJ 141
    WBHT-FM 1 Top 40 Wilkes-Barre 70
    WDVD-FM 1 Hot AC Detroit 11
    WFLY-FM 1 Top 40 Albany, NY 63
    WHKF-FM 1 Top 40 Harrisburg 78
    WKHT-FM 1 Rhythmic Knoxville 71
    WKSE-FM 1 Top 40 Buffalo 53
    WKYS-FM 1 Urban Washington, DC 9
    WLNK-FM 1 AC Charlotte 24
    WNCI-FM 1 Top 40 Columbus, OH 36
    WPTY-FM 1 Rhythmic Nassau-Suffolk 18
    WQAL-FM 1 Hot AC Cleveland 29
    WTSS-FM 1 Hot AC Buffalo 53
    WVHT-FM 1 Top 40 Norfolk 43
    WVYB-FM 1 Top 40 Daytona Beach 87
    WXKB-FM 1 Top 40 Ft. Myers 62
    WXRK-FM 1 Top 40 New York 1

How high can she go on iTunes this coming Friday?? It's a question as difficult as...which seat can she taaaaake???

At the mean time, the video is quickly approaching 70 million views on Youtube! Such a legend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    This girl has a record deal?? Good lord, what in the world is happening here?? Her "Unplugged" performance was absolutely one of the worst I've ever heard. So sad in so many ways.
    No she doesn't. She's working indepedently but obviously there will be interested labels as long as her 15 minutes haven't passed completely. Or she could simply pay Ark again to release an album for her. Or, better, simply releasing everything digitally off iTunes on her own a la "Friday".

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    lol people don't hate her because she's famous, she's famous because people hate her

"friday" went viral because of how many popular music sites trashed it and dubbed it the worst song ever.
    why did this make me think of mean girls? haha
    becca T

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    why did this make me think of mean girls? haha
    becca T

Regina George isnt hated because she is popular, she is popular because people hate her.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I finally caved and watched Rebecca's Friday video to see what everyone was talking about, and it was nearly 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back lol. What a terrible song! Her voice is so autotuned it's unbelievable. I can't believe this is what the music industry has come to, and that anyone would consider purchasing this song and supporting this nonsense when there are plenty of incredibly talented individuals who get no media attention and work hard to sell their music.
    The sad thing is that she will likely get a major label deal, and sell a ton of records.

She's already selling a tons of records.

Concert Stars
    She's already selling a tons of records.
    Which is the problem here. It's not illegal downloading that's ruining the music industry, but America supporting people like Rebbeca Black who are under the delusion that they can sing because people are buying their record to see what the fuss is about.

It's times like this that I cannot believe people have the nerve to say crap about shows like American Idol, when they give TALENTED people a chance, who actually help the music industry, but taking a spot away from another talentless singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

Which is the problem here. It's not illegal downloading that's ruining the music industry, but America supporting people like Rebbeca Black who are under the delusion that they can sing because people are buying their record to see what the fuss is about.

It's times like this that I cannot believe people have the nerve to say crap about shows like American Idol, when they give TALENTED people a chance, who actually help the music industry, but taking a spot away from another talentless singer.
    ...Because 'voice' is always only a part of music instead of playing a dominant role in them. Of course I'm not sayin' "Friday" is anywhere remotely close to being considered an average piece of 'music', but still.

It's over 71 million on Youtube now.

"Friday" made a new peak on the Hot 100 at #58. Top 60 smash!!!

Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com

And and, GODBECCA ARCHIEVED HER FIRST #1 ON BILLBOARD WITH #1 ON HEATSEEKER!!!

BIG MACHINE SIGNED GODBECCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's an April Fool Joke by Country Aircheck.

And she owns Funny or Die!

Concert Stars
    I saw yesterday the narniafans page (think Cfans but Narnia) made an April fools joke that Beiber was singing the lead pop track for the next Narnia film, and that he and RB were the lead actors, lol...

Also, yesterday comedian Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, and Taylor Hicks sang the song on Jimmy's show
    http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....ith-the-roots/
    Last edited by mlawlor; 04-02-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Concert Stars
    ...Because 'voice' is always only a part of music instead of playing a dominant role in them. Of course I'm not sayin' "Friday" is anywhere remotely close to being considered an average piece of 'music', but still.
    Which is also part of the problem. Not only can the girl not sing, but her natural voice doesn't even come through because of the layers of autotune. The attention she's getting is negative; is that enough for a record deal nowadays? It diminishes real talent.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast