Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 323
  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars

    Rascal Flatts: "Nothing Like This" Era

    I apologize if someone has started a thread already, but I can't find it. I think it may have been deleted, so I started a new one.

    The guys were honored with an award for their charity work from the TJ Martell Foundation last night:

    Rascal Flatts Honored at the 2011 T.J. Martell Foundation Honors Gala | Country Music Tattle Tale

  • #2
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Story behind their current single, "I Won't Let Go":
    Rascal Flatts, 'I Won't Let Go' -- Story Behind the Lyrics - The Boot

    Flatts have recorded songs with Lionel Richie and Micheal Bolton:
    Rascal Flatts Realize 'Dreamlike' Duets - The Boot

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Video of the guys receiving their award from the TJ Martell Foundation for charity work:

    Nashville Country Club - TJ Martell Honor Rascal Flatts with Lifetime Achievement

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    VERY funny interview with the Flatts talking about who the "real" star of the group is.

    Flatts On Flatts With Jay DeMarcus

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    The guys will be appearing on the TV show "West Coast Customs" this Sunday, the hosts will build a car by getting inspiration from their own song "Red Camero."


    The finished product:

  • #6
    Junior Carrie Follower countrymusicfan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    250
    Concert Stars
    ^ I sooo want that car. It's amazing!

  • #7
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,758
    I think they now sell more than Taylor Swift weekly.

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan abbeyjones18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    5,125
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    I think they now sell more than Taylor Swift weekly.
    Wow...really? I have Nothing Like This...pretty good album.

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    I think they now sell more than Taylor Swift weekly.
    Woah, that's huge! I have to admit, I didn't think the album would do very well based on opening numbers, but IWLG is top ten & the album is doing well on Itunes, and I think the actual album is steadily staying within the top 5-10 on the charts.

  • #10
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    RF is being sued by their former managment company.

    Rascal Flatts' Longtime Managers Sue Band - The Boot

  • #11
    Junior Carrie Follower countrymusicfan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    250
    Concert Stars
    It sounds weird to me. They ended with them in Feb of this year. Why should RF have to pay them for 2 more years, when they aren't even working for them anymore? Definietly, sounds like old management is just mad because their cash flow has ended.

  • #12
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan21 View Post
    It sounds weird to me. They ended with them in Feb of this year. Why should RF have to pay them for 2 more years, when they aren't even working for them anymore? Definietly, sounds like old management is just mad because their cash flow has ended.
    Yeah, I agree. The only way they have a chance in hell of winning this case is if they can prove there was a breech of contract.


  • #13
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars


  • #14
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post


    Woah, that's huge! I have to admit, I didn't think the album would do very well based on opening numbers, but IWLG is top ten & the album is doing well on Itunes, and I think the actual album is steadily staying within the top 5-10 on the charts.
    It was only temporary though since Swift got some boosts from performances. Like the one from ACM, singing "Mean".

    But still, it was impressive for "Nothing Like This" to sell even Gold regardless of the lackluster first-week sales.

  • #15
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    It was only temporary though since Swift got some boosts from performances. Like the one from ACM, singing "Mean".

    But still, it was impressive for "Nothing Like This" to sell even Gold regardless of the lackluster first-week sales.
    How close is NLT to hitting platinum? Do you see it happening anytime soon?


  • #16
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars

  • #17
    Junior Carrie Follower countrymusicfan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    250
    Concert Stars
    Nothing Like This is continuing to be a strong seller for RF. It sold another 13,830 copies this week. It makes it #6 on the country album charts. According to roughstock they've sold 763,207 copies. It should be platinum soon. I think people are really connecting with "I Won't Let Go." It's remain in the top 10 on iTunes country song charts. Despite them not performing it on the ACM's or any tv show, since the album release and concert special. I'm pretty happy with this era. I just wonder how many singles will be released? It sounds like "red camaro " will be the next one.. They are working on a new album though.. It will be a shame if "They Try" never see's the light of day. It's such a different song for them and could be huge for this era.

  • #18
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan21 View Post
    Nothing Like This is continuing to be a strong seller for RF. It sold another 13,830 copies this week. It makes it #6 on the country album charts. According to roughstock they've sold 763,207 copies. It should be platinum soon. I think people are really connecting with "I Won't Let Go." It's remain in the top 10 on iTunes country song charts. Despite them not performing it on the ACM's or any tv show, since the album release and concert special. I'm pretty happy with this era. I just wonder how many singles will be released? It sounds like "red camaro " will be the next one.. They are working on a new album though.. It will be a shame if "They Try" never see's the light of day. It's such a different song for them and could be huge for this era.
    Nice! I figured the album was doing well for them. I've also noticed IWLG is doing extremely well- I think it's one of their biggest digital sellers since the MAMG era.
    I think Gary's vocal is one of the most emotional he's ever done- you can't listen to that without knowing he means every word. Although I've always loved Rascal Flatts, I feel like some of their recent material has lacked that certain spark- but this makes up for it in a big way.
    I heard they're working on a new album as well- hopefully it'll be as good (or better) than NLT, considering it's their best album in awhile.
    I would think they're going to release at least two more singles- they usually release 4 from each album, and I couldn't see that changing, especially now that IWLG and WW have both done much better than anything in the "Unstoppable" era.

    I could absolutely see "Red Camero" as a great summer song- I think it'd be great to see them release something fun and upbeat that isn't overly cheesy or overly produced which "Summer Nights," "Me and My Gang," and "Bob That Head" all fell victim to, IMO.
    Many album tracks show they can sell pretty much anything, but It'd be a smart move to release some strong upbeat material that will help banish the "cheesy" label they've gotten with some songs over the past few years.
    I've also heard a rumor that the Red Camero that was built on WCC is going to given away at the end of the tour- if this is true, the fact that they had one built could be an indication they will sing it on tour as the summer single.
    I like "They Try," but I've never been crazy over it. The soulful vibe is cool though, and I'm sure it'd sound awesome on radio.
    There are very few weak songs on NLT, which is good considering they're almost all upbeat. I'd like to see "Summer Young or "Sunday Afternoon" released as well.
    As long as "Tonight Tonight doesn't make the cut I'll be fine with anything- I do like TT, but it has more of that live/stadium show vibe that they've done so many times before.




  • #19
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post


    How close is NLT to hitting platinum? Do you see it happening anytime soon?

    They are around 735k now and is selling nicely. Obviously "I Won't Let Go" is moving units for them. Yes, I definitely see them going Platinum, and I don't think they were even certified Gold as of now. I think it depends on how their third single fare to see how soon they'll be going Platinum.

    So, it seems like although their core fanbase has became smaller (seeing their first week sales cutting into half), they seem to be releasing music that reasonate with the public and gain a good amount of casual fans.

  • #20
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Interesting article I found. It seems to suggest the Flatts chose to leave Lyric Street once the label started to fall apart. Smart move.

    "...Then Disney shut down Lyric Street’s A&R department, responsible for recruiting new talent. The marketing division also was closed. That left Herring’s promotion unit as the only existing department. And Rascal Flatts was the only remaining big-name act.

    “We felt like lame ducks who, because our umbilical cord to the company seems to have been cut, knew the writing was on the wall,” Herring said. “Then at the end of the day, Rascal Flatts decided to go.”

    Kevin Herring: Exec rediscovers love of music at startup label | The Tennessean | tennessean.com


  •  
    Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •