Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Post Britney Spears - "Femme Fatale" Era

Princess of Pop, Britney Spears' follow-up leading single to her #1 debut "3" (that leads off "The Singles Collection")

To be honest, the track is not really great but good anyway. It's projected to sell above 400k (and actually it could sell much more than that as shown as popularity bars over the days over iTunes) and has already broken a lot of records:

-Biggest first day at the radio ever; over 700 spins across all formats. (previous holder, Mariah Carey)
    -Biggest first seven days at top 40 ever, over 4400 spins. (previous holder, Eminem)
    -Biggest published weekly bullet at top 40 ever, +4400. (previous holder, Eminem)
    -Biggest first week audience impression on top 40 ever, (previous holder, Eminem)
    -Biggest single day spin increase on top 40 ever, broke this twice on its 5th day (732) and 6th day (779)
    -Projected, biggest first week digital sales ever by a female artist, 400,000. (previous holder, Taylor Swift)

Its start on radios (espcially on Pop) is phenomenal!!!

POP:
    16 BRITNEY SPEARS Hold It Against Me 4618(+752)
    30.8 audience!

OVERALL:
    BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 49.396 (+ 7.462)

DAY 1 - BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 9.074
    DAY 2 - BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 15.068 (+ 5.994)
    DAY 3 - BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 20.989 (+ 5.921)
    DAY 4 - BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 27.383 (+ 6.394)
    DAY 5 - BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 34.285 (+ 6.902)
    DAY 6 - BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 41.934 (+ 7.649)
    DAY 7 - BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 49.396 (+ 7.462)

The biggest AI opening should be Beyonce's "Deja Vu" featuring Jay-Z, it reached like 62 million AIs. Highest debut on Hot 100 Airplay belongs to Madonna's "Erotica", which debuted #2 on that chart back in the days. Interestingly, both songs mentioned peaked at #3 and HIAM is looking like a surefire #1 on the coming Hot 100 chart already!

And her team already is hyping up her second single. I wonder how high her opening sales to her yet-untitled album could go. Her last studio effort, "Circus", opened with just more than half a million copies, but it was released during December. She has always been a huge front-loader though, she also holds the record for biggest opening by an album by a female solo act ("Oops!...I Did It Against" which sold half a million copies on its first day and 1.3 million copies in the remaining 5 days). She's the only female act who's managed to have all 4 of her albums since debut to debut atop the Billboard 200, only female act to manage to have 6 albums since her debut to debut at #1 or #2 (Miley Cyrus was close, with "Hannah Montana", "Hannah Montana 2/Meet Miley Cyrus", "Breakout" debuting at #1; "Hannah Montana: The Movie" debuting at #2 and climbed to #1; "Hannah Montana 3" debuted and peaked at #2; "The Time of Our Lives" debuted at #3 and peaked at #2; "Can't Be Tamed" debuted and peaked at #3. "Hannah Montana 4" broke her streak. Alicia Keys was close as well, with all three of her studio albums, plus her live album debuting atop the Billboard 200, unfortunately "The Element of Freedom" debuted at #2 and peaked there.). Britney is also the only female act to have 4 albums to open with more than half a million copies -- it was a rarity for females to open this much back in the days. Madonna's biggest opening was "Music"'s 420k copies, Mariah Carey's biggest opening was "E=MC2"'s 460k copies and Alanis Morissette's "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie", which broke the record for biggest opening by a female solo act only opened with shy of half a million copies. As far as memory serves, only Britney Spears ("Oops!...I Did It Again"), Taylor Swift ("Speak Now") had ever debuted with more than a million copies, among all female acts and groups that contain a female vocal. Whitney Houston did enjoy a week over a million copies sold, but it was a soundtrack ("The Bodyguard") and was not during her debut week. The biggest one-week sales record for females before Brit broke it was held by Mariah Carey's "DayDream", which shifted less than 800k copies in a week during its first holiday season.

On the single side, "Hold It Against Me" has a lot of sales records to break. It looks like she's going to break Taylor Swift's first-week record set by "Today Was A Fairytale". But she's not getting close to biggest one-week sales records set by Ke$ha with 610k copies of "TiK ToK" moved during a week, and Katy Perry's "Firework" which moved more than half a million copies on a week as well. Considering non-females, Flo Rida not-crediting Ke$ha's "Right 'Round" is the record holder for both first-week and one-week records, with around 680k copies as far as I remember. As a side note, HIAM would become only the 18th in history (starting with Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone") to have debuted atop the Hot 100 (Carrie Underwood's "Inside Your Heaven" being one of them), and would hold 2 Hot 100 #1 debuts after "3" (only other female act who's held more than 1 Hot 100 #1 debut was Mariah Carey, who had both "Fantasy" and "One Sweet Day" with Boyz II Man debuting atop the penthouse.). It would also become the first song since Ke$ha's "We R Who We R" (that's not so long ago) to debut atop the Hot 100.
    Last edited by clh_hilary; 02-19-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Britney Spears Breaks Mediabase Records With 'Hold It Against Me' | AllAccess.com

ALL ACCESS and MEDIABASE send major congrats to BRITNEY SPEARS and her label JIVE RECORDS and the Top 40 promotion team of EVP/Pop Promotion JOE RICCITELLI, SVP/Promotion JOHN STRAZZA, VP/Top 40 Promotion JEFF RIZZO, Dir./Top 40 Promo East Coast JOE DADDIO, Dir./Operations Top 40 Promotion JESSIE MALDONADO and the entire field staff on setting new MEDIABASE records in the Published Chart:

* BRITNEY SPEARS lands an enormous debut at 22* with "Hold It Against Me"
    * BRITNEY SPEARS also shatters the one week spincrease record at 3866 spins
    * BRITNEY SPEARS has the biggest one week audience debut of 33,237,000
    And, in TODAY's MEDIABASE Building Chart, SPEARS prints with an amazing debut at 15*

Concert Stars
    I know this is old news, but I found this really funny. In 2008, That Metal Show invited the drummer of Dream Theater (unfortunately he's not in the band anymore) Mike Portnoy onto the show. They then asked Mr. Portnoy who he preferred, Britney Spears or the band Britney Fox and he outright said he was one of the biggest Spears fans to a point where his own fans Photoshop him with Britney and now there are a whole bunch on Dream Theater's official site.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love this song! Is Hold It Against Me the album name too? I cant wait for it! Theres gonna be so much great music this year, Britney, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Lil Wayne and Carrie (hopefully!)

Concert Stars
    This song is so catchy I love it!

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I am so glad that other people here like Britney! I personally love Hold It Against Me. Sure, the lyrics are incredibly corny...but the beat and melody of the song itself is just phenomenal. Can't wait to hear more music from the Princess of Pop Rumor is that her second single from the upcoming [untitled] album is called "I I I Wanna Go". That song title kinda turns me off from the song initially, so I'm hoping that it's really awesome

its britney, *****! ekkkk i love this song

love love love this song haha

New Carrie Fan
    I cant even express how much i love this song. Its not as good as toxic, but its still really catchy. Cant wait for the new album!!!!

the album called FEMME FATALE, it's been trending for 4 days i think.

Can't wait for the album and the video

I have to say, that I FREAKING LOVE this video. If you haven't seen it, well, here you go Hold It Against Me | Britney Spears | Music Video | MTV

Concert Stars
    Love this song!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    I have to say, that I FREAKING LOVE this video. If you haven't seen it, well, here you go Hold It Against Me | Britney Spears | Music Video | MTV
    that video is INSANE but i LOVE it!
    becca T

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love this video!!!! Im glad Britney's life is back on track

Concert Stars
    I can't wait for her new album! I've been following her since her first album, ...Baby One More Time!

Britney's been really strong over the years of her career, and that's what makes me proud of her! Especially with her comeback album, Circus.

EDIT: Just watched the music video. I'll repeat what Becca said, "That video is INSANE but I LOVE it!" It's really creative! I loved how she used some snippets from her old music videos; that was neat!

By the way, is anyone else reminded of Shattered Glass when they heard this song?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The "Hold It Against Me" video is one of the weirdest I've seen. The video was creative, but the frames move so fast it's difficult to catch what's going on.
    I really like the futuristic element in the video though, especially the scene where Britney was fighting with herself. It represents where she's been and how far she's come.
    I was a huge Britney fan in the 200's, but I lost interest after her third album.
    The last single of hers I liked was "Toxic;" I'll actually be interested to see what direction she takes with the next album.

eh i was expecting more from the video but i still love the song <3

The "Hold It Against Me" video is a very good visual video and it compacts her entire career in it! Although I was hoping for more dancing...

The single should go Platinum in three weeks but radio-wise it's not looking very good. It's dropping on Pop and gaining minimaly on Rhythmic and Hot AC. Its overall audience has dropped from 88 million to 85 million for the last chart week and it's still dropping now. It's going to get to #3 on Pop radios this coming week though. Regardless of that, that could possibly be its peak -- "Tonight (I'm ****ing You)" should be too weak to block anything from the top, P!nk's "****ing Perfect" is gaining big and will be a competitor to Brit. But Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" should be the major conpetitor -- it's still gaining more than 1000 spins every day (and should level off to around 250 spins later) and is already at #5 on Pop. Its overall audience was even more impressive -- it already passed what Brit did in 4 weeks and closing into 100 million in not even a full week of release!

By the way, anyone has a guess on how big "Femme Fatale" will open with in the States? Out of her previous 6 brand-new studio full-lengthen albums, 5 of them debuted atop the Billboard 200 with one of them debuted and peaked at #2. 4 of them debuted with over 500000 copies with the rest debuted with around 120k, which was her debut album (the album that debuted #2, "Blackout", opened with close to 300k copies that week, only blocked by the Eagles' comeback effort). She also owned the biggest one-week/first-week sales by a female solo artist, with "Oops!...I Did It Again" opening with more than 1.3 million copies in only 6 days. Her last album, "Circus", opened with just more than half a million and is the first album of hers to open with a bigger number than her previous project. Note that "Circus" was released in the first week of December in 2008. She's known as a great first-week seller and her sales indeed is extremely front-loaded. This time the album is released in March 2011.

But single-wise, "Femme Fatale" is only her third album that enjoyed a #1 leading single after "...Baby One More Time" (with the title track) and "Circus" (with "Womanizer"). Not to mention "Hold It Against Me" opened with 411k copies in its first week (and supposedly Britney has a bigger following in buying her albums), while "Womanizer" 'only' opened with around 280k copies, which is her second-best first-week frame. Total sales for HTAM stands below 800k copies and should well pass the million mark by the time her album releases.

Britney's album's gonna be the first major release this year, if you do not count Avril Lavigne's "Goodbye Lullaby". I'm rooting for her to open with 350k - 550k, most probably within the 400k-500k range.

Oh, and HIAM is Britney's biggest airplay hit, and basically first multi-format hit.

And she's gonna drop her second single before her album releases, the song is rumored to be called "Inside Out" and here is a clip of it:
    http://www.billboard.com/news/britne...05042952.story

The song is losing its spins and AI @ radio and its declining in iTunes.

Actually, HIAM's performance could go way better if Britney and her team promoted (at least until now). The song lost its momentum due to lack of promotion and the video came out too long after the song premiered.

But i like the song tho

•  
    Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast