Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2019

Award Season in 2019

Here we goooooooo. I know we aren't as active in here but I still think its a good way to at least keep track of possible award movies and such. So heres what we got so far.

Golden Globes-
    Nominations- Over
    Award Show- Over

Critics Choice Awards-
    Nominations- Over
    Award Show- Over

PGA Awards-
    Nominations- Over
    Award Show- Over

Screen Actors Guild Awards-
    Nominations- Over
    Award Show- Over

DGA Awards-
    Nominations- Over
    Award Show- Over

BAFTAS-
    Nominations- Over
    Award Show- Over

WGA Awards-
    Nominations- Over
    Award Show- Over

Independent Spirit Awards-
    Nominations- Over
    Award Show- Over

The Academy Awards-
    Nominations- Over
    Award Show- February 24th

Below are some Oscar Movie Predictions, will be edited as we get closer to the season and nominations come out.

Bold Means I Have Seen the Movie-

-Black Panther- On DVD
    -Isle of Dog- On DVD
    -Incredibles 2- On DVD
    -Blackkklansman- In Theaters
    -Roma- On Netflix
    -A Star is Born- In Theaters
    -First Man- In theaters
    -Bohemian Rhapsody- In Theaters
    -Beautiful Boy- In Theaters
    -Can You Ever Forgive Me?- In Theaters
    -Boy Erased- In Theaters
    -Green Book- In Theaters
    -The Favourite- In Theaters
    -If Beale Street Could Talk- In Theaters
    -Vice- In theaters
    -The Wife
    -Spiderman into the Spider verse
    -Wreck it Ralph 2
    -At Eternity's Gate
    -First Reformed
    -The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
    -Mirai
    -Cold War

Alright, if you think theres any movies i need to add let me know!
    Last edited by Grace_Of_God; 02-24-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Last edited by Grace_Of_God; 08-29-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Concert Stars
    That is such a short list of films! But I don't know what to add to it. Maybe Can You Ever Forgive Me?, coming out October 19. Or the Coens' newest, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, coming to Netflix November 16.

Anyway, in the next two weeks we have Venice and TIFF and Telluride so hopefully more contenders will emerge.

Edit: OK I'm going over some of the movies I've seen this year, and I think Toni Colette has a shot in Actress for Hereditary, and I think A Quiet Place could get into the Sound categories, potentially. Charlize Theron could also be in the mix for a Globe nod for Tully.

Plus there are all of those documentaries that came out this summer that got good reviews/box office. Won't You Be My Neighbor, RBG, Whitney, Three Identical Strangers.

Concert Stars
    Bringing this over from the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    I saw Crazy Rich Asians today. It was beautifully made. I really enjoyed it. I've been missing rom coms lately. The theater was really packed for a Sunday afternoon.
    I saw this yesterday and thought it was great! I really hope this is a huge breakthrough for Constance Wu, she's so magnetic. Actually everyone was great in this, but for me the absolute standouts were Awkwafina and Michelle Yeoh. And yes the entire movie was gorgeous. I'm so glad they're doing the sequels.

My theater was pretty packed too. The movie is making bank.
    stuffy likes this.

Concert Stars
    Also, I'm not sure that it has any awards potential (I'm not really well versed on the Oscar rules, I assume it's eligible), but Netflix just released a trailer for Orson Welles's final film, filmed in the 1970s and never before released. The Other Side of the Wind. It looks really good.

And now I've tripled posted, so I will stop.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Whatís the name of the Amy Adams Christian Bale movie thatís supposed to be award baity? I think itís about Dick Cheney but havenít heard anything lately. Itís probably something simple like ďCheneyĒ which will make me look like an airhead. Ha ha

Thereís a lot of great movies but what Iím desperate to see is Emilyís Mary Poppins. Please, please donít suck!!

^ Its the very last one on the list, "Backseat" No trailer yet. And don't worry not called Cheney hahahaha. My dream 2019 award season would be Amy Adams winning an Oscar and Emmy

Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    That is such a short list of films! But I don't know what to add to it. Maybe Can You Ever Forgive Me?, coming out October 19. Or the Coens' newest, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, coming to Netflix November 16.

Anyway, in the next two weeks we have Venice and TIFF and Telluride so hopefully more contenders will emerge.

Edit: OK I'm going over some of the movies I've seen this year, and I think Toni Colette has a shot in Actress for Hereditary, and I think A Quiet Place could get into the Sound categories, potentially. Charlize Theron could also be in the mix for a Globe nod for Tully.

Plus there are all of those documentaries that came out this summer that got good reviews/box office. Won't You Be My Neighbor, RBG, Whitney, Three Identical Strangers.

Oh I forgot about the Melissa one, I want to see that! Didnt realize Coens' had a new movie coming out this year.

I do agree Theron is def in the mix for a globe nom. I feel like award shows don't usually recognize horror movies, which is why I was hesitant to add Toni.

I bet WYBMN wins best Doc.

Also, I'm not sure that it has any awards potential (I'm not really well versed on the Oscar rules, I assume it's eligible), but Netflix just released a trailer for Orson Welles's final film, filmed in the 1970s and never before released. The Other Side of the Wind. It looks really good.

Oh I'm actually not versed enough on the rules either to know if this would qualify. Very interesting.

Also Im way too lazy to look it up, what year is the "popular movies" category starting at the oscars?

Concert Stars
    I think their press release just said ďnext yearĒ leading some people to believe 2019 and some people 2020, lol. Who knows.

I forgot about Mary Poppins!! I hope itís amazing.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    ^ Its the very last one on the list, "Backseat" No trailer yet. And don't worry not called Cheney hahahaha. My dream 2019 award season would be Amy Adams winning an Oscar and Emmy
    Thanks. Thatíd be awesome for her to win both. I havenít watched the tv show yet. I was waiting for it to finish then binge it. My brother canceled his hbo so no HBOgo password anymore. Ha ha. I think Iím going to sign up for it through Amazon or HBO now though because I want to check out the Jennifer Garner comedy and of course Big Little Lies season two.

Concert Stars
    I still havenít watched Big Little Lies season one Iím so ashamed ugh.

Itís totally worth it for Sharp Objects though. I love the series. And omg I canít imagine bingeing it, but half of me wishes I did that. Have something happy ready to watch when you finish.
    Last edited by AIgrl06; 08-30-2018 at 11:43 AM.

^ I have a slightly different opinion on Sharp Objects but I think the ending makes it worth it.

Did you read BLL? Cause I didnít and the twist in that got me too. Go binge it! NOW! Haha

Concert Stars
    I did read BLL and Iím probably going to go watch it just to see how/why itís getting another season.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    ^ I have a slightly different opinion on Sharp Objects but I think the ending makes it worth it.

Did you read BLL? Cause I didnít and the twist in that got me too. Go binge it! NOW! Haha
    The BLL ending is sooo good.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I still havenít watched Big Little Lies season one Iím so ashamed ugh.

Itís totally worth it for Sharp Objects though. I love the series. And omg I canít imagine bingeing it, but half of me wishes I did that. Have something happy ready to watch when you finish.
    It's more of a not waiting on a new episode every week week binge. Maybe an episode a day or so before shows come back from summer break. I'm definitely not doing something with its darkness in a day like I did Glow. 😂

I did read BLL and Iím probably going to go watch it just to see how/why itís getting another season.
    Oh yeaaaaah thatís right I remember now that you read it. Cause when season 2 was announced you were like wtf?! Hahhahaa

Concert Stars
    Ok so the new trailer for The Favourite is EVERYTHING.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^ That looks amazing.

Itís when I start seeing trailers like that is when I get stoked for award season.

Concert Stars
    It’s so weird to see the story of my former best friend’s life as an Oscar contender. I still haven’t received my invitation to the premiere though! Lol His Mom keeps me posted on everything happening though - so surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    It’s so weird to see the story of my former best friend’s life as an Oscar contender. I still haven’t received my invitation to the premiere though! Lol His Mom keeps me posted on everything happening though - so surreal.
    Yes yes I knew someone had a connection to the story! Haha

•  
    Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast