Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2018

Concert Stars
    ^I would actually be down with that. I'm going to try to be on here more since Awards Season is going to start revving up soon, but I definitely don't want to lose touch with you guys!

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    While we're waiting for a consensus on that, just reminding that the Emmys are coming up the Sunday after next (17th). Creative arts Emmys this coming Sunday. I want wins for Elizabeth Moss and Riz Ahmed.
    lolita55 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^I was honestly just coming here to remind everyone about the Emmys. Mind twins.

I still haven't finished The Crown or started House of Cards... or caught up on Veep.

Edit: Oh, well I mean mind twins 21 hours apart, you know.

Wow, Emmys already! Time flies!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I haven't been able to get into The Crown so far. I usually love movies based on royal history, but I've haven't been sucked into the story yet. I not getting the Game of Thrones obsession either. I watched season one a few years ago and now I'm giving season two a try. Maybe season two will make it click for me. I think that's when my brother said it really starts getting good.
    lolita55 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    I haven't been able to get into The Crown so far. I usually love movies based on royal history, but I've haven't been sucked into the story yet. I not getting the Game of Thrones obsession either. I watched season one a few years ago and now I'm giving season two a try. Maybe season two will make it click for me. I think that's when my brother said it really starts getting good.
    I am on season 2 right now, and it has started to pick up and get better. But I did like the first season.

Concert Stars
    I think I'm in for a complete rewatching of GoT. I remember season 2 as being decidedly slower than season 1 but I guess I'm misremembering, lol.
    lolita55 likes this.

^I'm only going to do a full rewatch right before the final season premieres. So in about 2 years right? I realised that I barely remember season 6 of the show. I might soon rewatch that season alone or together with season 5 (which I remember being very unimpressed with).
    lolita55 likes this.

Creative arts Emmys night 1: Last week tonight with John Oliver won for interactive programming. It also won picture editing for its f**k 2016 segment. Meryl Streep stealth-won an Emmy for outstanding narration. OJ: made in America and 13th both won prizes. It's odd that they can compete for both Oscars and Emmys. No other programs get that chance. Hairspray, live! won like 3 awards. Speaking of, is this the first time that the NBC live musical has won Emmys? Is there one happening this year? I haven't heard anything.
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    Hairspray, live! won like 3 awards. Speaking of, is this the first time that the NBC live musical has won Emmys? Is there one happening this year? I haven't heard anything.
    I think The Wiz had a bunch of nominations, but I don't remember if it won anything.

At first it was supposed to be The Music Man, then that changed when Jennifer Lopez wanted to do Bye Bye Birdie. They had to postpone BBB because of Jennifer's schedule. Last I remember it was one of the Bible musicals. I can't remember if it's Jesus Christ Superstar or Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. I have to say I'm not thrilled with either option. I just don't like the songs in them. I think they're making another Peter Pan-like mistake.

Concert Stars
    I think they did Jesus Christ, Superstar last year right? Or earlier this year?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    It was The Passion. I had to look it up. I knew it was biblical but not one of the two I mentioned

The Passion was on fox last year. I had no idea that it was even a thing that happened.

OK now I do remember Jennifer Lopez being attached to Bye Bye Birdie. I didn't know it had run into any scheduling problems. I looked it up and there are stories about Jesus Christ superstar airing before Easter next year.

ETA: Alexis Bledel won guest actress in a drama for The Handmaid's Tale. Melissa McCarthy and Dave Chappelle won guest actress and actor in a comedy series for SNL. Guest actor in a drama went to an actor from This is Us.
    Last edited by sur_crazy4carrie; 09-10-2017 at 11:07 PM.
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I was rooting for Alexis. I didn't know she had it in her, but she was amazing especially in the episode with her wife. They should have Melissa and Alexis present together. They can do Milo's category even though he's not winning. Gilmore Girls reunion part 2.

Gerald McRaney was the This is Us actor. He's been around for awhile.
    lolita55 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I went to see It over the weekend. Wow really well done! Clowns do not scare me but this one was terrifying. Good old fashioned all American horror show.

Going by TIFF, the best actress Oscar is going to be a bloodbath and I AM HERE FOR IT.
    Frances McDormand, Three billboards
    Saoirse Ronan, Lady Bird [trailer:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhPeNOHxsc]
    Emma Stone, Battle of the sexes
    Jennifer Lawrence, mother!
    Sally Hawkins, The shape of water
    Judi Dench, Victoria and Abdul
    Kate Winslet, Wonder Wheel
    Meryl Streep, The papers

And many more
    Last edited by sur_crazy4carrie; 09-12-2017 at 12:23 PM.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^God, FINALLY. We always say the Actress race looks great on paper and then by the end of the year there are like 7 contenders, so, I'm here for this, too.

I especially want to see The Shape of Water and Mother.

Concert Stars
    Going by TIFF, the best actress Oscar is going to be a bloodbath and I AM HERE FOR IT.
    Frances McDormand, Three billboards
    Saoirse Ronan, Lady Bird [trailer:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhPeNOHxsc]
    Emma Stone, Battle of the sexes
    Jennifer Lawrence, mother!
    Sally Hawkins, The shape of water
    Judi Dench, Victoria and Abdul
    Kate Winslet, Wonder Wheel
    Meryl Streep, The papers

And many more

Wow awesome! I am so behind movies. But Lady Bird and Shape of the Water are both playing in local theaters I think so I will have to see at least one this weekend.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ooh look who's back in the hood.

Guys, I've been thinking, the regular posters here have known each other for a few years. It looks like we're also getting increasingly busy. So maybe we could start interacting outside of this site and not lose touch with each other. Thoughts?
    I support this!

Concert Stars
    I cannot believe the Emmys are Sunday. So excited. I hope Big Little Lies does really well. I predict next year that Game of Thrones will dominate. It had its best season yet with Season 7.

•  
    Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast