Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 321 to 340 of 340
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2018

  1. #321
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,221
    If Harvey Weinstein has been doing this for years how come all of it is just coming out now?
    teesharky likes this.

  • #322
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    If Harvey Weinstein has been doing this for years how come all of it is just coming out now?
    He's extremely powerful, and the women had to sign nondisclosure agreements when they settled with him. I'm betting many others were worried about losing their careers.

    This is a business where its a bigger offense for Katherine Heigl to insult her show's writing and call a movie sexist than it is for a man to actually assault women. Look at Michael Fassbender, Casey Affleck, and Johnny Depp. All of them are still getting roles even though they have been accused of in order physical assault, sexual harrassment, and emotional/physical abuse. Women just aren't treated as well as men just like many other professions.
    lolita55, lizcarlo and teesharky like this.

  • #323
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,426
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    Anyone here shocked about Weinstein? Anyone...
    Not shocked, but absolutely disgusted.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

  • #324
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    74,881
    Concert Stars
    ^ Not surprise either as he was always kind of sleezy. I heard rumors but nothing ever came of it until now. I will say it is a bit predictable and ridiculous that suddenly, all of Hollywood is coming forward to condemn him. Surely most of them must have known the rumors and even some truth before this week. It seems to me that they are only coming forward now because it is out in the open-- so they are trying to be on the RIGHT team. Before this came out- they were silent as the grave because they needed him for big films and projects. I just find it a bit hypocritical.

    Only Ashley Judd had the guts to come forward publicly against him in the past. Everyone else claims that they had no idea. Please people.

    At least Gweyneth Paltrow and Brad Pitt confronted him when he came after her. But I wish they had gone public.

  • #325
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    74,881
    Concert Stars
    Ok guys I saw the Mountain movie with Kate Winslet and Idris Elba! So good! I loved it. It was gripping and suspenseful but also genuine and not over-acted. I loved it. I hope you all get a chance to see it!

    O like everything Kate is in, though, to be honest. haha

  • #326
    Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,767
    I absolutely hate that Michael Fassbender is a problematic favorite of mine. Even though the physical assault charges against him were never proved and almost immediately dropped, it's just this big cloud hanging over him that I often ignore/forget about.

    As for Weinstein, I don't believe for a second that people in hollywood didn't know about how behaviour. I feel like it's a small community and the people who interact with Weinstein is an even smaller, more elite group of people that would include your Steeps, Denches and Winslets. It's extremely unlikely that this is the first time they are hearing about how he is. Gwyneth Paltrow has now come out saying that he assaulted her when she was 22. There's a story about how people including Matt Damon and Russell Crowe helped quash the Weinstein story 13 years ago. It's one thing to feign ignorance but it's even worse to actively support him.

    At least the developments with this issue has shown that we are finally ready to bring the hammer down on people like him who are incredibly powerful yet are creeps. There is an unfortunate history of stories like these being exposed and then promptly forgotten. Hopefully Harvey Weinstein never rises in Hollywood again.
    Last edited by sur_crazy4carrie; 1 Week Ago at 02:35 AM.
    teesharky and lolita55 like this.

  • #327
    Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,767
    The Last Jedi trailer
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

    And the most epic trailer out of india this week
    Padmavati
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=X_5_BLt76c0
    teesharky and lolita55 like this.

  • #328
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,426
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    At least the developments with this issue has shown that we are finally ready to bring the hammer down on people like him who are incredibly powerful yet are creeps. There is an unfortunate history of stories like these being exposed and then promptly forgotten. Hopefully Harvey Weinstein never rises in Hollywood again.
    So much this. This would never have transpired like this even 10 years ago. And while I'm skeptical of whether this would've still exploded if TWC wasn't already headed down the drain, I'm just glad these women are getting some justice.

    And honestly, this is a slight aside and all I'll say on it, but I don't care how much anyone had heard rumors of him. And I don't believe they all "knew." I absolutely believe they'd all heard rumors about him and all thought he was sleazy and/or a bully, but that doesn't mean they knew. We all can say here that we knew, but we didn't know anything. We just heard rumors and thought he was creepy. None of us knows what we'd have done in that situation. For each and every one of the actors, directors, executives coming out against him now: Speaking up now is a step in the right direction.
    lolita55 likes this.

  • #329
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,426
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ok guys I saw the Mountain movie with Kate Winslet and Idris Elba! So good! I loved it. It was gripping and suspenseful but also genuine and not over-acted. I loved it. I hope you all get a chance to see it!

    O like everything Kate is in, though, to be honest. haha
    Honestly though, Tee the fact that you bolded Mountain movie as though that was the actual title had me howling with laughter! I love it.
    teesharky and lolita55 like this.

  • #330
    Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,767
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    And honestly, this is a slight aside and all I'll say on it, but I don't care how much anyone had heard rumors of him. And I don't believe they all "knew." I absolutely believe they'd all heard rumors about him and all thought he was sleazy and/or a bully, but that doesn't mean they knew. We all can say here that we knew, but we didn't know anything. We just heard rumors and thought he was creepy. None of us knows what we'd have done in that situation. For each and every one of the actors, directors, executives coming out against him now: Speaking up now is a step in the right direction.
    True. Maybe the people who have worked with him didn't actually "know" beyond rumors. I just read about Angelina Jolie saying that she had a bad experience with Weinstein and tried to warn other actresses who were going to work with him. I wonder what the Weinstein collaborators like Jennifer Lawrence has to say about this, given her young age and the frequency at which she has worked with him.
    lolita55 likes this.

  • #331
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    74,881
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    Honestly though, Tee the fact that you bolded Mountain movie as though that was the actual title had me howling with laughter! I love it.
    haha My bad! I forgot the title even though I saw the damn movie. lol It's been a long week and it's only Wednesday. (smile)
    lolita55 likes this.

  • #332
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    True. Maybe the people who have worked with him didn't actually "know" beyond rumors. I just read about Angelina Jolie saying that she had a bad experience with Weinstein and tried to warn other actresses who were going to work with him. I wonder what the Weinstein collaborators like Jennifer Lawrence has to say about this, given her young age and the frequency at which she has worked with him.
    She commented, but I don't remember her statement other than condemning his behavior like everyone else.

    Given Jennifer's acceptance of David O'Russell's verbal abuse who knows what her reaction would be. She just screams back at him, but will still work with him. Whereas I don't know if Amy Adams will ever work with David ever again after American Hustle. She'd probably tell Harvey to F-off if he tried anything with her.
    lolita55 likes this.

  • #333
    Carrie Guru Grace_Of_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,260
    I am so pleased that Hollywood is reacting the way it is. They're like he can F off. Sexual harassment is HUGE in this industry. If I had a dollar from every friend I knew that had their ass slapped while on set. Woof. On Monday we have a weekly production meeting and our company executive was like, this needs to be a safe place for every one and all that jazz. Even the smaller companies are feeling the hit, everyone is becoming more alert and more vocal

  • #334
    Carrie Guru Claire2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the library. lol
    Posts
    10,793

  • #335
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,426
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    I am so pleased that Hollywood is reacting the way it is. They're like he can F off. Sexual harassment is HUGE in this industry. If I had a dollar from every friend I knew that had their ass slapped while on set. Woof. On Monday we have a weekly production meeting and our company executive was like, this needs to be a safe place for every one and all that jazz. Even the smaller companies are feeling the hit, everyone is becoming more alert and more vocal
    Ugh it's so awful that you know so many people with those experiences. But that reaction makes me really happy. I just hope it's not a temporary thing. And I hope other industries look at themselves as well.

  • #336
    Carrie Guru Grace_Of_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,260
    Oh know y'all were talking about JLaw, here's her response on the matter-

    "I was deeply disturbed to hear the news about Harvey Weinstein's behavior," Jennifer Lawrence said in a statement. "I worked with Harvey five years ago and I did not experience any form of harassment personally, nor did I know about any of these allegations. This kind of abuse is inexcusable and absolutely upsetting. My heart goes out to all of the women affected by these gross actions. And I want to thank them for their bravery to come forward."

  • #337
    Carrie Guru Grace_Of_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,260
    I've really really liked Affleck less and less over the years.

    I didn't even know this had happened ugh

  • #338
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    I've really really liked Affleck less and less over the years.

    I didn't even know this had happened ugh
    I saw this video years ago and had completely forgotten about it until it came out again. I never saw the original interview just the special. I remember thinking I was amazed Hilarie held it together because I think I would have punched him.

    Edited to add...

    Here's the full Emma Thompson interview that's going around. I've loved her and her work for probably close to 20 years now, so I just want to say if anyone hears she's a jerk please don't tell me.

    Last edited by stuffy; 1 Week Ago at 06:23 PM.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #339
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,426
    Concert Stars
    Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 6.45.39 PM.jpg

    This honestly shocked me, lol. Why did I think this was going to be a critical hit?

  • #340
    Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,767
    It's at 9% now. Poor Michael Fassbender.
    One outlet called it "magnificently, transcendently awful"


  •  
    Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

    Similar Threads

    1. Award Season in 2016
      By Grace_Of_God in forum Movies
      Replies: 4304
      Last Post: 09-11-2016, 02:56 PM
    2. Award Season in 2015
      By Grace_Of_God in forum Movies
      Replies: 3310
      Last Post: 09-20-2015, 10:36 PM
    3. Award Season in 2014
      By Grace_Of_God in forum Movies
      Replies: 882
      Last Post: 09-15-2014, 06:08 PM
    4. TV Award Show Season
      By Grace_Of_God in forum TV Shows
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: 07-18-2013, 06:52 PM
    5. Award Season in 2012
      By Grace_Of_God in forum Movies
      Replies: 1358
      Last Post: 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •