Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1887
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2017

Concert Stars
    Thought you guys might like this.....

HuiZ likes this.

Concert Stars
    Finally saw HACKSAW RIDGE! Wow. Brilliant! Say what you will about Mel Gibson-- the man can freakin direct war movies and action. It was so powerful, mostly because it was a true story. But I was really inspired.
    rainbow1 likes this.

teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    My friend and I took our families (children AND husbands) to see Beauty and the Beast this weekend. We absolutely loved it. My friend was even crying, lol.

As for Mulan, it was never my favorite and I barely remember all of the plot, so I guess I don't care too much what they do to it. Granted, there weren't a lot of songs in the original Disney Cinderella, but the song(s) that were in the original didn't make it into the live action remake (which I absolutely adored). The only song was Lavender Blue, which I sometimes sing to my daughter at bedtime. I don't think music is necessary for a Disney movie. Mulan did have one iconic song in Reflection, but I couldn't tell you any of the other songs. It's music was never on the same level as Little Mermaid, B&B, or The Lion King.

Although if someone is a huge fan of Mulan, I could see why they would be upset. I would have been upset had all of the music been left out of the Beauty & the Beast remake and taking out a major character is a big no-no.
    teesharky likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

^ I didn't miss the songs in Cinderella remake at all, in fact it didn't even occur to me they were missing lol. Goes to show how much I enjoyed the remake version! <3

As for Mulan, I never really considered that animated version to be a Disney classic. I know it has many fans... but Idk, perhaps because I come from Chinese background. I have seen/heard/watched different versions of Mulan (some much better too) growing up, that the Disney one just struck me as just another adaptation lol. I could hardly remember the plot in Disney's Mulan, the only thing I remember was the song Reflection. Plus, I much prefer the story in chinese language haha.

Aladdin remake though... I will be angry if they take out the songs!!

Concert Stars
    ^ I loved Beauty and the Beast. I really have a good feeling that Emma Watson is going to win an Oscar someday. She just needs the right roles and to slowly build her credentials.

Mulan is one of my top three favorites as far as Disney movies go. I mean they have to get down to business to defeat the Huns guys! Lol. But really, I'm going to miss the songs and Shang. Like it's basically not the Disney version anymore

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    How many songs did the animated Mulan have? Reflection and I'll make a man outta you are the only ones I remember. The second song is a training montage isn't it?

Sharpen your pitchforks because I don't think Emma Watson is a very good actress. She's been pretty decent with the right director but not exceptionally good in anything I've seen her in. I am really glad that she didn't do La La Land.

^ honor to us all is the opening song. And a girl worth fighting for is another. That being said, they added like 10 songs to the new BatB so they could have done that with mulan.

I've been debating about posting what my friend said about BatB until I saw it. But since you've started the topic. She said Emma was bad acting and singing. And saying she was bad is being generous. I've listened to the soundtrack. She isn't good. So I was hoping the acting would pull through. My friend thinks she was just significantly miscasted. She said it's an extremely visually stunning movie and the costumes are great. But overall a rough ride.

Ohhhh since they said cast has read it I'm hoping the whole cast would return, that's the only way I want this sequel-

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/03/20/zombieland-writers-offer-status-update-for-sequel/

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Maybe I just have a soft spot for Emma Watson because of HP, but I enjoyed her in the movie. I thought she was at least as good as the girl that was in the Cinderella live action remake. They are both such fantasies and well, Disney movies, that I guess I don't need a really great actress for the movie to be good for me. The songs in B&tB aren't really showstoppers (except maybe Be Our Guest), although I think they add to the film, so again, I didn't need an amazing vocalist for them. I guess it is all about your expectations and for a remake of an animated classic, I was perfectly happy with Beauty & the Beast and the entire cast!
    Audra and maddkat like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I haven't seen Beauty yet, so I can't comment on it. Otherwise Emma is hit or miss with me. Early Harry Potter kid Emma was not good, but I thought she did great in the last three films. She was my favorite part of The Bling Ring which isn't really saying anything. I liked her spoof on herself in the Seth Rogan movie. Her american accent was not great in Perks of Being a Wildflower, but I thought she did okay acting wise in that movie too. Everything else she has done is just meh. She's never going to be an award worthy as an actress. I like her okay, but I don't love her like Emily Blunt and Amy Adams.

^ I love Emma, but it's mainly because of Harry Potter. Her acting skills are just adequate, for now. Emily Blunt and Amy Adams are like million light years ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Maybe I just have a soft spot for Emma Watson because of HP, but I enjoyed her in the movie. I thought she was at least as good as the girl that was in the Cinderella live action remake. They are both such fantasies and well, Disney movies, that I guess I don't need a really great actress for the movie to be good for me. The songs in B&tB aren't really showstoppers (except maybe Be Our Guest), although I think they add to the film, so again, I didn't need an amazing vocalist for them. I guess it is all about your expectations and for a remake of an animated classic, I was perfectly happy with Beauty & the Beast and the entire cast!
    I haven't watched BatB yet so I can't comment on it, but I thought two of the main factors that made Cinderella worked well was the perfect casting of Lily James and the amazing on-screen chemistry between her and Richard Madden.

Or maybe that is my Robb-Stark-bias talking... haha!
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I haven't watched BatB yet so I can't comment on it, but I thought two of the main factors that made Cinderella worked well was the perfect casting of Lily James and the amazing on-screen chemistry between her and Richard Madden.

I adore the live action Cinderella. It is one of the first non-animated movies that my daughter latched on to and we watched it over and over. She is 4 1/2 and she liked BatB, but she kept saying, it isn't like my other movie, lol. I guess Cinderella didn't bother her, because I'm not sure she has ever seen the original animated Disney version. She also loves Maleficent and Into the Woods, though, and she's been to see two of the traveling Disney Broadway tours (BatB and Little Mermaid), plus a couple of ballet productions. I'm thankful that she has a decent attention span (sometimes almost too much, because she wants to dissect the movie/play with you after!).
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    My niece is in 2nd grade now. When Into the Woods first came out on video, I took the blue ray for her to watch while I was visiting. She watched it three times in that weekend. She instantly became obsessed. My sister told me she recently saw it at the store and asked if they could watch it. My sister had to tell her no. Then when I came to visit over spring break she asked to watch it again. I had to promise I'd bring it the next time I visit. I figured she'd forget about it, but she still remembers.

I was hoping to see Beauty and the Beast with her, but we don't do opening weekends. I'm hoping Mary Poppins lines up with a visit, so we can see it together. My sister has tried to pass on our love of those old movies to her kids too. Whether it's classic musicals or movies like Goonies or Labrynth and The Neverending Story.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    ^I really like stories like this. There aren't any small children in my family that I see often or am close to. I wish there were.
    And Kizmet, your daughter sounds kickass. Maybe she's gonna want to join the film industry.

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Richard Madden has a new Amazon pilot that's gonna get picked up to series if it gets enough audience votes. It's a weird system but there you go.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    The Neverending Story.
    You'd appreciate that my dogs name is Atreyu

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    Me too. Although it seems like it could go one of two ways: a complete disaster or totally awesome. It also depends on actresses they pick.

^ LOL... funny I was just thinking yesterday that classic Disney characters/movies are so bankable with female/kids audience - pretty much the equivalent of Marvel movies for guys.

Now they want to combine both. Clearly hoping to combine both audience for bigger $$$$$$! haha

•