Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree473Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2015

omg...i just realized something. i moved to the west coast. Ill have to live stream the awards this season if i want to watch with you guys. crap.

Concert Stars
    ^Not the Oscars, though at least. But I guess you'd better be finding a stream then, Hannah, 'cause viewing it 3 hours later will not be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    You'd better not be lying to me!!! haha but I'm going to watch fury tonight.Ugh I need Birdman and St.Vincent to get available now. Like right now. Its killing me. Especially Birdman. I miss nonspiderman Emma Stone.
    My God, I hope I'm not lying to you! But let's face it, I'm the least reliable person ever when it comes to watching what I say I'm going to watch... then I cram 20 movies in the weekend of the Golden Globes.

hahaha well turns out I lied to you. I ended up watching for the first time American Psycho and Guardians of the Galaxy. Whoops.

Ill watch Fury and Book of Life tmw....

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    I watched Gone Girl. I kinda wondered about whether I should not have read the book before the movie but I don't anymore. It was friggin awesome. Rosamund Pike was perfect. They couldn't have cast Amy better. The last act was particularly superb. I'm glad that Gillian Flynn didn't hesitate to cut her material down to fit into the movie. I wouldn't use any superlative for the movie yet except for Rosamund Pike who should at least be nominated for Best Actress. But I don't think this will be Fincher's claim to an Oscar. (yes I'm still mad about Tom Hooper).
    Oh, and because my country is scared of sex and nudity, all of those scenes were zoomed in and panned in really weird ways in the edit. So that wasn't cool. They didn't censor the f-word but they did mute the c-word (at least I think it was the c-word).
    teesharky likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Boyhood was good. As someone who grew in the 90's and having an older sister, there are definitely some moments that were like watching us (the fake crying because he hit her, I was the one that used to do it lol). I think the mumbling the kid does was on purpouse, like who didnt talk like that at that age? The story was nice, I think they deserve so much credit for doing this project for so many years. The movie is craaaazy long though. And I have never been a Patricia Arquette fan, I remember watching Medium because I thought the stories were good, but at the same time I didnt like her...it was weird.

Concert Stars
    Neighbors - Clearly not an awards movie here, but I'd heard it was good and wanted something light and funny. I was a bit underwhelmed, though? I mean, I guess it was OK, but nothing special. I don't really get the hype. I love Rose Byrne and I really like Seth Rogen as well and I was still pretty meh about it.

On the other hand, I really loved Begin Again. The movie started off fairly slow but it really picked up and was great. Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo were both utterly charming, Hailee Steinfeld was good and James Corden took a bit of a thankless role and made it memorable. I also thought Adam Levine and Cee Lo were both serviceable, lol. I love the song "Lost Stars." Maybe this can contend in some Comedy/Musical categories at the Globes? I'd love that.

^ uh. yeah. Begin Again. So great. Its been a very long time since an indie movie like that ended exactly how I wanted it to. And I have the whole soundtrack on my iPod ahahah

If I'm not mistaken you still have a few movies to power through hahaha

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Yeah Neighbors is nothing special. Very formulaic fratboy comedy. But I LOVED Lisa Kudrow in it.

Very quick shameless self promotion. So in March of 2011 I worked on my first ever movie/show. It has been the longest wait but in March of 2015 it'll finally be released. It was the greatest experience working on it, Im not sure how the final project turned out (the last cut I saw was 2 years ago), but I do know it has an amazing message and Im very proud of have been apart of it.

To Write Love on Her Arms (2015) - IMDb

Concert Stars
    ^ i will have to check that out! Congrats!

Has anyone seen Gone Girl yet? So good! Loved the book- and the film was amazing too!

^ I loved gone girl. I want to say it'll do well in award season but theres still so many movies I haven't seen yet or haven't even came out yet.

Anyone know of the award show happening on the 14th. Like the Hollywood Film awards or something. I keep seeing commercials for it about how its going to be televised for the first time and its like the predictor for the bigger award shows....but I've never heard of it I don't think. But Ill def be watching it.

The Book of Life- Meh. I thought it was ok. I feel like it tried to be a musical and then 15 minutes in abandoned being a musical and through another song in the end for good measure. I thought the skeleton looking animation was really cool and the theme but I felt like the story was just okay. I also thought there was going to be some connection between the modern day scenes and the story not just the fact that the museum girl was tell these kids the story. Its another thing I think they forgot. that they had modern day scenes at the beginning and then was like whoops. I enjoyed the Lego Movie more and Im really looking forward to Big Hero 6
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^I heard about the Hollywood Film Awards! I have no clue what they are, though. I don't think they'rel a major precursor or anything but hey, I'm down with watching any awards ceremony right now, obviously. What channel are they going to be on?

^ uh. yeah. Begin Again. So great. Its been a very long time since an indie movie like that ended exactly how I wanted it to. And I have the whole soundtrack on my iPod ahahah

If I'm not mistaken you still have a few movies to power through hahaha
    You jerk... lmao.

^ On November 14th on CBS. I attached the website below, Im about to start looking at who's nominated and stuff to see how legitimate it is. But hip hip hooray for an award show! ill take it! haha

Hollywood Film Awards | Hollywood Film Awards Celebrates Hollywood Cinema and the Official Launch of the Awards Season?

and me a jerk?! Never....
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ haha I was just coming here to post as I cannot wait to watch the show tomorrow ! The more televised award shows the better! lol

Concert Stars
    PS I am so behind on movies. Gone girl was the only one I had time for so far. Gotta catch up. lol

I am REALLY looking forward to Unbroken, directed by Angelina Jolie. The book was incredible! True story of a US WWII Vet who was held captive as a POW. He was also an Olympian track runner. REally cool guy. Should be good.

Omg I forgot that award show was tmw. GAH I'm working ((

Insane Carrie Fan
    Very quick shameless self promotion. So in March of 2011 I worked on my first ever movie/show. It has been the longest wait but in March of 2015 it'll finally be released. It was the greatest experience working on it, Im not sure how the final project turned out (the last cut I saw was 2 years ago), but I do know it has an amazing message and Im very proud of have been apart of it.

To Write Love on Her Arms (2015) - IMDb
    You know, a couple of weeks ago I was thinking about this. I remember you writing about it here, but for some reason didnt remember if it was released or what happened. I actually looked for the movies that Kat Dennings released and everything lol

Congrats!

Anyone seen Interstellar? How was it?

Great, home from work at a decent time and have no cable/Internet. So I can't even watch the award show that I was here in time for. Ugh

Concert Stars
    I watched it. Pretty good. I will post some highlights in a bit- but here are the winners.

Hollywood Film Awards Winners

Hollywood Film Award
    “Gone Girl”
    Hollywood Actor Award
    Benedict Cumberbatch, “The Imitation Game”
    Hollywood Blockbuster
    “Guardians Of The Galaxy”
    Hollywood Documentary
    “Supermensch”
    Hollywood Actress Award
    Julianne Moore, “Still Alice”
    Hollywood Career Achievement Award
    Michael Keaton
    Hollywood Animation Award
    “How To Train Your Dragon 2″
    Hollywood Comedy Film
    Chris Rock, “Top Five”
    New Hollywood Award
    Jack O’Connell, “Unbroken”
    Hollywood Ensemble
    “Foxcatcher”
    Hollywood Breakthrough Director
    Morten Tyldum, “The Imitation Game”
    Hollywood Screenwriter
    Gillian Flynn, “Gone Girl”
    Hollywood Breakthrough Performance Actor
    Eddie Redmayne, “The Theory Of Everything”
    Hollywood Song Award
    Janelle Monáe
    Hollywood Breakthrough Director
    Jean-Marc Vallée, “Wild”
    Hollywood Supporting Actress
    Keira Knightley, “The Imitation Game”
    Hollywood Breakthrough Performance Actress
    Shailene Woodley, “The Fault In Our Stars”
    Hollywood Supporting Actor
    Robert Duvall, “The Judge”
    Hollywood Cinematography Award
    Emmanuel Lubezki, “Birdman”
    The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - Official Main Trailer [HD]

Hollywood Visual Effects Award
    Scott Farrar, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”
    Hollywood Film Composer Award
    Alexandre Desplat, “The Imitation Game”
    Hollywood Costume Design Award
    Milena Canonero, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
    Hollywood Editing Award
    Jay Cassidy and Dody Dorn, “Fury”
    Hollywood Production Design Award
    Dylan Cole and Gary Freeman, “Maleficent”
    Hollywood Sound Award
    Ren Klyce, “Gone Girl”
    Hollywood Make-Up and Hairstyling Award
    David White (Special Make-up Effects) and Elizabeth Yianni-Georgiou (Hair Designer and Make-up Designer), “Guardians of the Galaxy”

•  
    Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast