Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree473Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2015

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm seeing it for a second time this weekend if that tells you anything lol. I thought it was brilliant.

^ oh man I want to see it right this second hahaha

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    I can't wait to watch Gone Girl.

I watched Citizen Kane for the first time today. Pretty boring.

^ i know, as someone in the industry that ill get the crap beat outta me for this lol, but I HATE citizen kane.

Im going to watch Gone Girl today. My goal is to stay no more than one movie behind. But with 3 movies coming out next week I may be in some trouble haha

Gone Girl- That....i....wow. So good. I think the movie is pretty flawless up until the end. However I know it stayed true to the book so I can't really blame anyone involved in the movie for that. There were a few times right before the ending I think it could have ended and I would have liked it better. My goodness Rosamund Pike. I can't wait to see the others in this category because she was fantastic. But the movies look great this season and Im not sure why but Im really looking forward to seeing Amy Adams in Big Eyes. As far as other nominations go, Ive heard the guys category will be pretty strong this year so it'll be interesting to see if Ben can sneak in or not. He did very well in this movie but its no doubt carried by Rosamund. And I have no doubt in my mind it'll get nominated for the big awards- best picture and director. (although I do like Social Network and Fight Club more from Mr.Fincher)

I think that Rosamund will win best actress based on this simple fact (spoiler tagging it just incase people think its a spoiler. Idk if Id consider it one but could be)- Its known that if you're a leading lady and you play a crazy person you'll win. Kathy Bates for Misery, Natalie Portman for Black Swan, Jennifer Lawrence for SLP, Nicole Kidman for The Hours, Angelina Jolie for Girl, Interrupted, etc.

Oh my goodness! Gone Girl is SOOO good!!

I was completely engrossed in the whole movie from start to finish. So much emotions throughout the movie for me too - even down to wanting to punch the bimbotic mistress of his for not being able to control herself lol.

In the last confrontation scene, a guy in the cinema was clearly so p*ssed off at her that he screamed "F*** off, you b**ch" very loudly lol.

I know Ben's Argo is highly acclaimed, but I didn't watch it. And I have stayed clear of his movies for a long time to be honest. This is finally a movie where I am impressed with his acting and actually forgot that I am watching him act.

And Rosamund Pike was flawless. OMG. I can't see her face now without thinking she's the lunatic Amy Dunne!

Never read the book but I love the ending. Perfect for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    Probably not in the awards race (maybe has a shot for the technical ones) but I thought Lucy was awesome. Just watched it and what I liked the most is how fast (its like only 86 min long or something) and straight to the point is. The special effects are cool. The acting was good. I liked it.
    Haha an example of why movies and music are so subjective.

I watched Lucy with my husband. He liked it but I absolutely hated the movie. I hated the plot and its ridiculous science premise. Sad thing is, I am not a huge fan of Scarlett Johansson so even she can't save the movie for me lol.

^ i was just about to come here and post this. It seems nowadays after some bad decisions award shows don't like going with new people and stick to who they know. Was it two years ago the NPH hosted like 3 of the main award shows. I like NPH but idk. Im fine with it I guess haha

Insane Carrie Fan
    Meh...I dont find him funny at all.

A lot of people think he's the cat's pajamas. I like him and everything but give someone else a chance.
    carrieguy2 likes this.

^ thats actually what I wanted to say but I felt like he was super well liked on this board and didn't want to ruffle any feathers. so honestly, I want someone else. haha

so many movies came out this past weekend and I need them to be available...now haha

ok. So Im not longer mad that NPH is hosting because new reports are saying the Oscars asked Ellen DeGeneres, Chris Rock and Julia Louis-Dreyfus all before asking NPH and they all turned it down. So at least they tried haha would have loved to see JLD do it

^The producers are saying that that's not true. Several names were thrown around during discussions but NPH was the first one to be formally asked to host the ceremony.

Boyhood I was looking forward to this one. The screenplay is good and the dialogues do not come off as fake. It's as honest and realistic as any film could be. But honestly, there isn't much fuss to be made about this movie than the time and energy that went into it. The first 2 hours or so went by without me being very aware of it but the third part was just tedious. All that mumbling that the kid does as a teenager did not help. I'll be generous and give this a B+ but I did expect something a bit less tedious.

^ producers lie. haha they don't want it to look like no one wanted to host the awards. that would look terrible.

I agree the Boyhood is tedious. While I thought it was good I was really surprised by all the award talk for it honestly.
    Last edited by Grace_Of_God; 10-29-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Concert Stars
    Oh you guys are getting me all pumped to get to Gone Girl! The book itself feels cinematic when you're reading it so I can't even imagine how great it'll be through Fincher's lens.

Anyway, in case you couldn't tell, I did NOT get to any of the movies I'd been planning to watch. But I have good news, I have the entire weekend off, and I plan to eat pizza and chocolate, and Redbox and watch 'available' movies all weekend long. Get at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    ok. So Im not longer mad that NPH is hosting because new reports are saying the Oscars asked Ellen DeGeneres, Chris Rock and Julia Louis-Dreyfus all before asking NPH and they all turned it down. So at least they tried haha would have loved to see JLD do it
    Ellen again? That would have been a mistake, imo. I like Ellen, but not as an awards show host.

^ Yeah I agree. Thats why I would have LOVED to see JLD do it. I bet it would have been hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    Oh you guys are getting me all pumped to get to Gone Girl! The book itself feels cinematic when you're reading it so I can't even imagine how great it'll be through Fincher's lens.

Anyway, in case you couldn't tell, I did NOT get to any of the movies I'd been planning to watch. But I have good news, I have the entire weekend off, and I plan to eat pizza and chocolate, and Redbox and watch 'available' movies all weekend long. Get at me.

You'd better not be lying to me!!! haha but I'm going to watch fury tonight.Ugh I need Birdman and St.Vincent to get available now. Like right now. Its killing me. Especially Birdman. I miss nonspiderman Emma Stone.
    HuiZ likes this.

•  
    Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast