Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2014

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    so CF hasnt been working for me all day. but YAY ELLEN IS OSCAR HOST!!! kinda happy its not NPH
    woulda been happy with either one, but I'm so happy its Ellen!!
    Becca

^ I love NPH dont get me wrong....but hes already doing like 3 award shows this season hahaha. happy for a big of a different face. and I loved Ellen last time

Concert Stars
    Aw Ellen's going to be great! I'm so happy about this news!

i feel like this is going to be one of those seasons where things take forever to become "available" lol.

Concert Stars
    Saw The Way Way Back yesterday. absolutely loved it. I swear Allison Janney is prettier now than when she was on the west wing. She was awesome in this movie. Steve Carrell was great but surprising. the main young boy was GREAT. the whole cast was amazing. recommend this highly.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    ^Ah that sounds awesome I can't wait to see it! I feel like Janney has been in so many great indie movies lately. I'm a fan of hers so I'm glad she (along with the rest of the cast) are good.

Yeah I always feel like Janney pops up in so many movies every year ahah love her. cant wait to see the movie.

also, first trailer for Diana is out. It looks quite captivating
    Naomi Watts Finally Speaks As The People's Princess In Diana's Official Trailer! Watch NOW! | PerezHilton.com

Concert Stars
    Ehh, I think it looks a bit uninteresting? Having said that, I'm really not a fan of Diana so that may have something to do with it, lol.

^ oh really i kinda am but im the biggest sucker for movies based on a true story so thats why it probably as me hahaha

captain phillips trailer-
    Hot Trailer: 'Captain Phillips' - Deadline.com

The Monuments Men Trailer-
    Hot Trailer: 'The Monuments Men' - Deadline.com

I feel like its a cross between Oceans Eleven and Inglorious Basterds but i can dig it haha
    Last edited by Grace_Of_God; 08-08-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Something we often talk about, good movies that came out before real award season movies do. i just think the article is interesting.

Do Oscar Voters Have Short Memories? Bradley Cooper Hopes Not - Deadline.com

Concert Stars
    I was really, really looking forward to The Monuments Men... bought the book and everything. I'm not too captivated by the trailer but I'm still crossing my fingers it'll be great. The Captain Phillips trailer, however, surprised me. It looks pretty awesome!

I kind of hate how we always get ambushed with hundreds of movies near the end of the year, haha, even though it can be fun. I don't think Oscar voters have short memories, though, I think all of the studios just put their Oscar bait in the second half of the year. Ehh, even though now that I think of it I think Shutter Island would've fared better had it been released later in the year. I don't know. It's definitely an interesting article.

havent been around much since im working like crazy. anything new/good in the world of movies?

Concert Stars
    I doubt this will be an Oscar film besides its acclaim because it's horror (although that didn't stop exorcism or silence of the lambs) but I thought The Conjuring was ****ing fantastic. first off, all four leads were incredible. Vera Farmiga obviously but lili Taylor stole it for me. the movie felt so old school as well. If you like horror, GO SEE THIS. Also, my parents liked the butler. Not sure if I'm gonna see it though.
    becca

i had no idea vera was in that movie. I love her!

inside llewyn davis trailer-
    Inside Llewyn Davis - Official Trailer #2 (HD) Coen Brothers - YouTube

side note- im really said jOBS has such a low rating. i was really looking forward to it

Concert Stars
    Went to see The World's End last night. First, it was ****ing hysterical. I love british humor. But everyone knows that the trailers are the best part of any film and, since its August, we were BOMBARDED with future winners. I can't wait to see The Fifth Estate, Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Jon Don, and Captain Phillips (apparently spurring major controversy). Oscar Season is on its way!
    Becca
    teesharky likes this.

^ omg whenever someone says oscar season is coming up I get so giddy with excitement

Concert Stars
    Me too! Dang- I am way behind on movies. I am not sure if I have seen any Oscar candidates yet. But I do think the music of the Great Gatsby will be nominated-- possibly the Lana Del Ray song or the Jay-Z song, "$100 bill." Really strong songs.

Fruitvale Station- To me this was a good movie but not a great movie. The acting is pretty solid all around so it has that going for it. I was wrong going into it what I thought it was about. Mini spoilers- I thought it was actually about the shooting, I thought the movie took place basically all there but it doesnt. Its about Oscars day leading up to the shooting. Its a very slow paced movie. And when the train station scene happens it finally picks up but goes pretty fast. lasting about 5 minutes. So I feel the movie had a pacing issue. and its actually an extremely short movie, about an hour and 15 minutes. So I felt it left alittle to be desired. Im glad I watched it but I dont think Id probably see it again. Now something script related which is a pet peeve of mine that bothered me throughout this movie. Some of you will agree with me and im sure some wont. Theres a reason scripts arent written the way we talk, a script is "cleaned up" shall I say. For example if I wrote a female character based on the way I talk in real life every word that isnt a swear word would be the word "like". (obviously an exaggeration but you get the point) What Im saying is that if you watched a movie where "like" was used as often as it is used in real life it'd get annoying very fast. For this movie, I understand Oscar was brought up in a certain part of town and had certain friends but holy crap if he said the word "brah" one more time. Almost every sentence he said ended in it. Not an exaggeration. After the 10th "brah" in the first about 4 minutes I was ready to punch the screen. Im not sure if it was a writer, actor, or directors choice though. So it may not bother you all as much as it did me but as a writer it bothers me a lot haha.

Concert Stars
    ^Ahhh Fruitvale! I'm saving your review until I watch the movie, which should be in the next couple of days. Anyway, I'm popping in here to agree that I'm starting to get super excited about Oscar season!

That Inside Llewyn Davis trailer just makes me all kinds of excited. That movie just seems like it's going to be right up my alley. Can't wait.

•  
    Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast