Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2014

Concert Stars
    I think the two that are out now that are definitely going to get some serious love are Fruitvale Station (update on my failure--didn't get the screening passes, ugh) and Blue Jasmine. As far as I'm concerned, Cate Blanchett is a lock for a Best Actress nod and Woody Allen will likely get into Original Screenplay. So definitely those two.

I'm going to a screening for The Spectacular Now tomorrow. I doubt it gets much awards attention but it got absolute raves from Sundance and was compared to John Hughes' films so I'm super excited.

Ive never even heard of Fruitvale Station. ugh im so out of it. Ive heard a little of Blue Jasmine but not much. The Spectacular Now was on the list i made at the beginning of the year for movies that I thought Id be interested in. Happy to finally see it.

I feel like Ive been hearing about J.Laws "Serena" forever now. is it finally coming out haha

and finally....since we are talking about American Hustle, here is the trailer
    Hot Teaser: David O Russell's 'American Hustle' - Deadline.com

Concert Stars
    ^Ohmuhgawwwd!!! That looks so epic! Gah I cannot wait to see it! It looks brilliant!

My faith in Serena is not very high. It sounds like an interesting premise but it doesn't have a very good distributor and there seems to be no buzz for it, though I think it comes out in September.

Here's the Fruitvale Station trailer if you're interested Hannah... OCTAVIA SPENCER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxUJwJfcQaQ

^ ooohh very interesting. omg after watching these trailers im so freaking pumped for Award season. it never fails, I get excited every year. I always forget how excited I get but ahhhh the anticipation

So lets start doing a roundup of award show important dates

Golden Globes-
    Nominations- December 12th
    Award Show- January 12th

Screen Actors Guild Awards
    -
    Nominations- December 11th
    Award Show- January 18th
    (uhhhh is it usually on a saturday?)

BAFTAs-
    Nominations- January 8th
    Award Show- February 16th

Oscars-
    Nominations- January 16th
    Award Show- March 2nd

I dont have key dates for the Critics choice yet. Any other ones Im missing?

And of course...the list of movies we should be looking out for-

The Way Way Back (in theaters)
    Fruitvale Station (in theaters)
    Blue Jasmine (August 2nd)
    Diana (September 20th)
    Gravity (October 4th)
    Captain Phillips (October 11th)
    Twelve Year Slave (October 18th)
    The Counselor (October 25th)
    Serena (October 31st)
    The Wolf of Wallstreet (November 15th)
    Dallas Buyers Club (December 6th)
    Inside Llewyn Davis (December 6th)
    The Monuments Men (December 18th)
    Saving Mr.Banks (December 20th)
    American Hustle (December 25th)
    August Osage County (January 2nd)
    Foxcatcher

I did some digging and the movies I added to this list are going off of what the people making oscar predictions think will get some nominations. so thats why theyve been added
    heres the fun website that breaks it all down-
    http://www.indiewire.com/article/2014-oscar-predictions
    Last edited by Grace_Of_God; 08-24-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

oh and for fun because I like yall and sharing fun things that have to do with my job. about a month ago i may or may not have stood next to Harvey Weinstein

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with Serena. Apparently it was being screened in Europe and the reaction was good but they we're having trouble with figuring out how to sell it in the States. very strange. Jennifer's gonna work with the director again though so the experience must have been good.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    oh and for fun because I like yall and sharing fun things that have to do with my job. about a month ago i may or may not have stood next to Harvey Weinstein
    what is your life. haha
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    what is your life. haha
    Becca

haha i wish i knew.

Concert Stars
    The fact that you have breathed in the same air as Harvey Weinstein gives you a 25% chance of winning an Oscar this year, Hannah... somehow.

I'm really glad they moved the nominations announcement back after the Globes again. I really think the early deadlines last year contributed to some of the surprises in major categories. But yeah, I'm not liking the idea of having SAG on a Saturday.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    The fact that you have breathed in the same air as Harvey Weinstein gives you a 25% chance of winning an Oscar this year, Hannah... somehow.

I'm really glad they moved the nominations announcement back after the Globes again. I really think the early deadlines last year contributed to some of the surprises in major categories. But yeah, I'm not liking the idea of having SAG on a Saturday.
    bahaha!
    Becca

I cant even stop laughing right now. Fingers crossed yall will see me accepting some award. Ill knock down someone and take their award and say "This is mine! I breathed the same air as Harvey! I deserve this"

Yeah. I just feel like we're getting nominations so late, but i feel that way every year. I want them tomorrooooowww. and Super weird having them on a saturday. no bueno

im pretty sure this will have no barring on award season but here is a movie I truly have been waiting forever for. finally a trailer
    'Romeo and Juliet' Trailer - YouTube

and im not even a romeo and juliet fan haha

Concert Stars
    The Spectacular Now. I loved this movie; genuinely loved it. It has a kind of throwback, oldschool feel to it, like it could've been made in the '80s or '90s. The story is very impactful and it's portrayed so well by the actors. Miles Teller is the lead and he does a fantastic job. Shailene Woodley is really good here, too, and my personal favorite performance of the film comes from Kyle Chandler--just devastating. I haven't read the book but the movie's really well written. Anyway, bottom line is this is a great film, and I definitely, highly, recommend it!

Concert Stars
    I just saw the trailer for that film today. it looks fantastic.
    Becca

ahhhh im so excited! i cant wait to see it haha

Insane Carrie Fan
    The Spectacular Now. I loved this movie; genuinely loved it. It has a kind of throwback, oldschool feel to it, like it could've been made in the '80s or '90s. The story is very impactful and it's portrayed so well by the actors. Miles Teller is the lead and he does a fantastic job. Shailene Woodley is really good here, too, and my personal favorite performance of the film comes from Kyle Chandler--just devastating. I haven't read the book but the movie's really well written. Anyway, bottom line is this is a great film, and I definitely, highly, recommend it!
    I was watching random trailers the other day on youtube and this came up. I thought it looks great. Shailene Woodley is the reason I survived watching The Descendants, so just for that I would watch this lol.

Concert Stars
    ^ That movie sounds interesting! Right now though- I am more interested in seeing Shalene in Divergent with Ashley Judd and KAte Winslet. The books were amazing! And more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    I was watching random trailers the other day on youtube and this came up. I thought it looks great. Shailene Woodley is the reason I survived watching The Descendants, so just for that I would watch this lol.

Shailene is extremely talented. She just got stuck on a crappy tv show, happy shes making her break. but i am disappointed they cut her scenes in the next spiderman movie

Concert Stars
    Yeah my first introduction to her was in Secret Life, and it was absolutely horrible and I soured towards her completely. Then The Descendants and bam--she was great. She's like the go-to young adult novel adaptation actress it seems, haha, with The Spectacular Now, Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars all coming out soon.

so CF hasnt been working for me all day. but YAY ELLEN IS OSCAR HOST!!! kinda happy its not NPH

•  
    Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast