Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2012

Concert Stars
    I thought Noomi Rapace should've been nominated last year. I thought she was that good in it. And I'm also pretty excited to see how different Fincher's verison will be. The trailer looked almost exactly like the Swedish version... but still pretty awesome.

Concert Stars
    Any idea how Angelina Jolie's directorial debut is doing in terms of reviews? I really want to see "In the Land of Milk and Honey" as I think she is really talented....so it will be interesting to see how she does as a director.

Insane Carrie Fan

J.Edgar-So I'm not sure if this one is still in the hunt in any category or not because I know it got less than favorable reviews. I can see why. It had alot going on in it and even saying that I found it a bit boring. While I do love Leo, and he did a good job, I didnt find the ease of watching him like I did of Brad Pitt in Moneyball or Ryan Gosling in every freaking thing hes in lol. It was just okay for me. I have a feeling there will be stronger lead actor noms, Im very interested in the Golden Globe nominations that will come out next week....

What day are the GG noms coming out?

^ Thursday December 15th

Concert Stars
    oh wow that is coming up fast. I miss last year when Carrie got her nomination. That was so freakin' exciting.

Concert Stars
    ^That really was pretty freaking exciting, lol. Last awards season was just perfect in pretty much every way, lol.

And about In the Land of Blood and Honey, this is one movie that I just can't tell how it's going to be received. It looks really interesting. I like that she got native Bosnians/Serbs for the film, it makes it seem a little bit more authentic. The trailer looked good.

^ wow, im so freaking out of the loop i didnt even know about that movie....lol

Concert Stars
    ^ I am definitely rooting for Angelina Jolie to do well with her movie that she directed. I also love that she used no name actors that are actual real natives of Bosnia for the movie.

Given Angie's international background and UN connections, something tells me doors would open for her for this movie to be done right.

^^ I agree with you that Brad Pitt's MoneyBall performance was really easy going and smooth. It felt like he wasn't even really acting at all. I really liked him in it.
    Ryan Gosling thougn, damn. lol He is really on fire right now.

Kellie Pickler tweeted that she saw Michelle Williams in that Marilyn Monroe film, and that she was outstanding. I bet she gets nominated too.

^ really need to see that Marilyn Monroe movie! I always think Michelle Williams is fantastic so I cant wait

Concert Stars
    ^I'm excited for it, too! Right now, I'm predicting Michelle Williams to win the Oscar. It just looks like something the Academy'd go for, lol. And I really want to see Kenneth Branagh playing Olivier as well. One of my best friends really, really wants to see it, so we're going as soon as it comes to like, a Regal or something, bahaha.

Insane Carrie Fan
    No clue when the Marilyn movie is released here. But Emma Watson is in it. So I'm watching

And this is my review of The Help (book). Movie review soon
    The Help (Book Review) – Kathryn Stockett A Separate State of Mind

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    No clue when the Marilyn movie is released here. But Emma Watson is in it. So I'm watching

And this is my review of The Help (book). Movie review soon
    The Help (Book Review) – Kathryn Stockett A Separate State of Mind
    you is kind. you is smart. you is important. Best line in that book.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    ^I love that line.

We Need to Talk About Kevin. Definitely not the movie I should've watched right before I heard about the Virginia Tech shooting. I can't stop thinking about the movie. It was heartbreaking. Tilda Swinton was phenomenal (my favorite female performance so far this year) as was Ezra Miller, the boy who plays Kevin. I'm a little bit speechless with regards to We Need to Talk About Kevin, honestly, all I can say is that I found it very affecting, and the end completely shocked me. It's a great film.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ Never heard of that movie before. What is it about?

Concert Stars
    ^It's basically about a woman whose son is a sociopath. It chronicles her life with him (in flashbacks) from his conception until he's a teenager and (spoilers) massacres a bunch of kids in his high school. We see her struggling to take care of and struggling to love this kid that she knows she's supposed to love, but also knows that there's something very wrong with him, while her husband only sees the good in him. And it's all told from her perspective. It's not a pretty movie. It's dark and depressing, a tough watch, but I think it's worth the watch.

J. Edgar. I'm going to agree with most on this one--it was just alright. There was nothing particularly terrible about the film (Aside from Armie Hammer's old makeup--seriously, what was that?) but also nothing really to write home about. The best parts of the film, in my opinion, were those that dealt directly with the Lindberg kidnapping. That was a fairly compelling for me. I do think Leonardo DiCaprio gave a very good performance, but if he couldn't get in for Inception or Shutter Island, I don't think this'll do it for him. First film of Leo's that I haven't loved in a very long time, heh. Anyway, I found Naomi Watts to be surprisingly great with her little role as Helen Gandy. Bottom line, the movie kept my attention and even entertained me in parts, but I don't think it's awards-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    (Aside from Armie Hammer's old makeup--seriously, what was that?)
    OMG RIGHT?! so glad i wasnt the only one who thought this LOL

Insane Carrie Fan
    Thanks Katie for movie description

The Help:

The Help – Movie Review A Separate State of Mind

^ yay, loved the review and loved that you liked it. I still havent seen alot of the award show contenders but out of the 54 new movies Ive seen that have come out this year "The Help" is still my 2nd favorite.

•  
    Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast