Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2012

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ The music in Where Do We Go Now is really good btw. I actually bought the album

And "Safe & Sound" deserves to be nominated. It's a great song.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    A watchable version of 'Shame' is now available in case anyone wants to rant against Fassbender's snub.

Concert Stars
    I wouldn't say that Safe and Sound is a "really" good song. It is a decent song though. I just don't understand why it should be nominated when Carrie's TAPFU was awesome and it was not given an OScar nom.

I do like the Civil Wars though. I think they are very talented.

So SAGS are this weekend, right? Hoping for some upsets to make things interesting. lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ Tee, you're obviously biased

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    A watchable version of 'Shame' is now available in case anyone wants to rant against Fassbender's snub.
    I would be really mad about Fassbender not being nominated except Oldman's the one who got his spot, lol. And Oldman was better than Fasssbender, in my opinion. Really need to see A Better Life, though. Maybe then I'll be able to complain? Haha.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    ^ Tee, you're obviously biased
    Maybe but i never understood why people didnt give tapfu the credit it deserved. Some carrie fans even trashed it. I dont get that. It was perfect for that movie.

Concert Stars
    Hey did angelina jolie get an award at the producers guild awards? I read that somewhere. Tx

Insane Carrie Fan

Insane Carrie Fan
    The Artist. Wow I enjoyed this so much lol. I mean the non talking wasnt a problem at all, actually I think its better because you focus your attention in their facial expression and everyone does such a great job that you know what they are expressing. The music is beautiful and it makes the movie interesting. Jean Dujardin does an amazing job. I cant believe that we are seeing this in 21th century, Hazanavicius has balls to do a movie like this in this time, and he did a perfect job.

I have closed the Best Supporting Actress Category, I think all of them are very good, whoever wins the Oscar I will be happy, my preferences:

1. Octavia Spencer
    2. Berenice Benjo
    3. Melissa McCarthy
    4. Jessica Chastain
    5. Janet McTeer

War Horse is next, for some reason I'm not excited about that one, but lets see

Concert Stars
    I saw the beginners on DVD and it was really good. Chris plummer was very strong in his role.

I also saw that new movie Red Tails. It was incredible. A must see if you can.

Concert Stars
    I'm so glad you enjoyed The Artist, Sam! The next one on my list is War Horse, too. And the only reason I'm not dreading it is 'cause Tee said it was good, lol. So Tee, if I hate it I'm coming after you! Just kidding, of course!

What's Red Tails about? I don't think I've even heard of it.

Oh, and by the way, the DGA is tonight. This was the night last year when we all realized The King's Speech would be the big winner on Oscar night, lol, so I'm excited.

Edited: Aaaaaand Michel Hazanavicius won the DGA for The Artist. That's it, folks, it's winning Best Picture! And I couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by AIgrl06; 01-28-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Isn't the SAGs tonight (well, tomorrow morning over here)? I want either Jean Dujardin or Brad Pitt to win Best Actor. I'm rooting for Dujardin the most. Clooney was very good in The Descendants but I think the other two did a better job. I just noticed that Fassbender didn't get nominated for a SAG award either. He was snubbed in two ballots that were voted on by actors only and Damien Bilchir made it to both. Fishy!! So that must mean Oldman took Dicaprio's spot.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Ok, never mind...

War Horse was great. I dont know how I doubted of the great Spielberg, shame on me lol. The first 10 min were a little bit boring or maybe slow, after that its much better. Visually is a very beautiful movie. The story was sweet without getting into cliches. The acting was good, I didnt know Lupin was on this movie , and the kid from The Reader was also a surprise.

So far I have seen 6 out 9 for Best Picture and I have to say the only 2 that hasnt lived the hype for me are The Descendants and maybe Midnight in Paris. The Artist, The Help, Moneyball and War Horse have been very good.

And yes, the SAGs are tonight

Concert Stars
    ^Good. This gives me a little bit more hope that I'll like the movie, lol.

And I'm also sort of hoping for a surprise in Best Actor tonight. I don't think it's going to happen, but Dujardin or Pitt would just make my night. I liked Clooney a lot in The Descendants, but Pitt and Dujardin were just better, in my opinion. Well, since I probably won't be on here before the SAGs tonight (I'll probably miss the red carpet, too, boooo!) I'm going to go ahead and post my predictions now.

Ensemble: The Help
    Alt: The Artist

Actor: George Clooney (The Descendants)
    Alt: Jean Dujardin (The Artist)

Actress: Viola Davis (The Help)
    Alt: Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady)

Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer (Beginners)
    Alt: Kenneth Branagh (My Week with Marilyn)

Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer (The Help)
    Alt: Jessica Chastain (The Help)

I feel awkward giving The Help 3 awards, but I think it's going to happen. Even thought I was thisclose to putting The Artist for Ensemble, lol.

Insane Carrie Fan
    The Descendants sucks. No clue what the hype is all about. I felt nothing at all watching it!

This is a Sundance review for Where Do We Go Now: Sundance 2012: Where Do We Go Now? Review no clue where the idea of musical comes from really. No clue at all.

I'm more interested in the first comment on the review. Apparently there was a screening in Salt Lake City and the movie got a standing ovation. Still have no idea how it didn't make the Oscars list. Perhaps when you watch it you can deduce the reason (me being biased and all).

Insane Carrie Fan
    Also what's the award show you're predicting for Katie?
    I wouldn't mind seeing The Help win. Among the nominated movies, I'd class them as:

1) The Artist
    2) The Help (very close second)
    3) The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
    4) Moneyball
    5) War Horse

[HUGE GAP]
    6) The Descendants
    7) Hugo

I still need to watch Tree of Life (or do I?) and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Insane Carrie Fan
    I would give the award for ensamle to The Help too and I think it's the one that deserves it. The movie has 5 strong lead characters (Viola, Octavia, Jessica, Emma, Bryce) and even the not lead are great (Allison Janney, Sissy Spacek...). So it seems that everyone on the movie was good and contributed to the story. The Artist is great but its more about just Jean and Berenice, The Descendants is just George and the girl who plays Alex, Midnight is Owen...Heck I think I would give the award to Bridesmaids if The Help wasnt there.

Concert Stars
    OK awesome. I agree with you alot on your picks. Lol. I still have not seen the artist as I want to see it on a big screen to make it more tolerable. Lol

War horse was amazing. I loved the perspective that the horse was the lead actor really. Lol

And yes descendants was over rated. I like it but I don't love it.

QUOTE=sam_vzla;4248805]Ok, never mind...

War Horse was great. I dont know how I doubted of the great Spielberg, shame on me lol. The first 10 min were a little bit boring or maybe slow, after that its much better. Visually is a very beautiful movie. The story was sweet without getting into cliches. The acting was good, I didnt know Lupin was on this movie , and the kid from The Reader was also a surprise.

So far I have seen 6 out 9 for Best Picture and I have to say the only 2 that hasnt lived the hype for me are The Descendants and maybe Midnight in Paris. The Artist, The Help, Moneyball and War Horse have been very good.

And yes, the SAGs are tonight[/QUOTE]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    I would give the award for ensamle to The Help too and I think it's the one that deserves it. The movie has 5 strong lead characters (Viola, Octavia, Jessica, Emma, Bryce) and even the not lead are great (Allison Janney, Sissy Spacek...). So it seems that everyone on the movie was good and contributed to the story. The Artist is great but its more about just Jean and Berenice, The Descendants is just George and the girl who plays Alex, Midnight is Owen...Heck I think I would give the award to Bridesmaids if The Help wasnt there.

Yes the help deserves ensemble. It had strong performances all the way through.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    Also what's the award show you're predicting for Katie?
    I wouldn't mind seeing The Help win. Among the nominated movies, I'd class them as:

1) The Artist
    2) The Help (very close second)
    3) The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
    4) Moneyball
    5) War Horse

[HUGE GAP]
    6) The Descendants
    7) Hugo

I still need to watch Tree of Life (or do I?) and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Tree of life is just the sort of movie best appreciated when drunk Ala rocky horror movie. Lol

•  
    Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast