Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2012

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    cannot frigging wait to see War Horse. Saw Dragon Tattoo last week. There were definitely a brutal few scenes (you know which ones im talking about) where I had to close my eyes, and even my ears, but otherwise I loved it. Thought the story was intriguing (i love detective, who done it, type stories) and I thought the acting was brilliant. Rooney Mara was fabulous. and Daniel Craig is sexy haha
    Becca
    lol agree! It was a big graphic! lol But the acting was superb. I went and bought all 3 books, and I read them all in a week after seeing the film. lol

War Horse was just so awesome for many reasons. I did not know what to expect, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Concert Stars
    PS-- Young Adult with Charlize Theron is now "available." lol

Concert Stars
    ^Yesss. That's next for me then, haha. Gahh, I really want to see War Horse and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Why aren't these movies becoming available more quickly?! Ahh. The Iron Lady opens around here on the 6th. I might go see it in theaters. Not sure, lol.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Just curious, it's been a while since my last time in a US movie theater, but what is the price of the movie tickets? I think I would spend all my money just to see all the movies in a theater. Here, sometimes it takes so long to bring them and that's why a watch them on my computer.

^ in Orlando, Florida it's like $10.00 per ticket. I know in new york its ALOT more expensive which is why my sister never sees any movies there

Hugo-I think I definitely like it when I never know what a movie is about going into it. All I knew about this was it was about a boy in a train station haha. Again I liked it but I dont think it was anything spectacular. It was enjoyable but its not a movie I'd watch over and over again. This movie reminds me why I got into the film business and it makes me smile. But it also makes me still feel like im in film school haha. I felt like there was alot going on in this movie and I wasnt sure where it was headed. I felt like the first hour was a totally separate movie from the second hour. I also felt like it was a cross between The Terminal and Rear Window (obviously without the killing stuff)...you know how the kid is stuck in one place but hes observing all the people that live there

Concert Stars
    Ok I am disappointed by "Young adult." But I am in love with Charlize Theron's performance. She deserved the Golden Globe nom. She was great. The movie itself was kind of dull though.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    Just curious, it's been a while since my last time in a US movie theater, but what is the price of the movie tickets? I think I would spend all my money just to see all the movies in a theater. Here, sometimes it takes so long to bring them and that's why a watch them on my computer.
    It costs about $10.00 for a movie, and $15 for 3d. Pretty scary. Don't even get me started on the price of popcorn and soda. Insane.

Concert Stars
    I know an amazing arthouse theater next to my university where ticket prices are $7.50 ($5.50 before noon). It's incredible. Glad you liked Hugo, Hannah, even if you didn't loooove it like I did. Well, off to watch Young Adult.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Oh well they cost what I thought they would. Here the cost is 15$ for everything, for 3-D its more expensive if you you have to buy the glasses, but I kept the first ones I had to buy and bring them for other movies lol.

I watched In Time yesterday, I really liked the story, the whole time as money thing was cool, but I think the final product could have been better if maybe the lead actor wasnt Justin Timberlake. I mean he did a good gob, but there was something missing...Amanda wasnt that great either.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ok I am disappointed by "Young adult." But I am in love with Charlize Theron's performance. She deserved the Golden Globe nom. She was great. The movie itself was kind of dull though.
    "Young Adult" is a VERY Diablo Cody movie..... i could tell i was watching one of her movies...(writer of Juno and the tv series United States of Tara)

Concert Stars
    I'm going to agree 100% that Young Adult was just really dull. The last 20 minutes of the movie was good, but I actually found myself bored up until that point. I loooved Juno and had hoped the new Cody-Reitman collaboration would be as good, but it definitely wasn't for me. Charlize Theron and Patton Oswalt were both good, though. I might even put Oswalt on my Supporting Actor list. But overall, the movie was just meh.

^ ah see, im the type of person that wasnt as sold on Juno as everyone else was. I just thought it was okay. i didnt LOVE it. so i felt what to expect with young adult

however, my friend did fall asleep in Young Adult LOL...but then again we did see it at like 11:30pm hahaha

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    I'm going to agree 100% that Young Adult was just really dull. The last 20 minutes of the movie was good, but I actually found myself bored up until that point. I loooved Juno and had hoped the new Cody-Reitman collaboration would be as good, but it definitely wasn't for me. Charlize Theron and Patton Oswalt were both good, though. I might even put Oswalt on my Supporting Actor list. But overall, the movie was just meh.
    agree. I loved Juno too. I can get into dark depressing type movies-- lol-- but for whatever reason this one just didn't work. I think I hated Charlize Theron's character towards the end-- but that means she did a great job. lol

Concert Stars
    ^I agree, Charlize did a great job. I actually started liking her character after the whole blow up at the party but then she went and screwed it up leaving Matt's sister like she did and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    ^ ah see, im the type of person that wasnt as sold on Juno as everyone else was. I just thought it was okay. i didnt LOVE it. so i felt what to expect with young adult

however, my friend did fall asleep in Young Adult LOL...but then again we did see it at like 11:30pm hahaha
    Bahaha, I've never understood falling asleep in a movie theater, though, lol. You paid for those seats! Haha. But yeah, I think I might have just had my expectations too high for Young Adult. I can't believe you didn't love Juno!

PS: Dragon Tattoo's available.

Concert Stars
    ^ awesome I want to see Dragon Tattoo again!

Insane Carrie Fan
    The only time I fell asleep in a movie theater was watching The Mask lol and it's weird because Jim Carrey is SO hyperactive in that movie (well, almost in every movie) so I dont know how it make sleep.

BTW I just found out that when you quote a post with hidden words, you will see the words in blank, thankfully I closed it before reading what you said about Young Adult lol. Be careful lol

Carnage-Wow. THIS is why i love award season. Because it brings out movies I probably would have never seen otherwise and overlooked but now I love. This has got to be in the top 5 movies for me from 2011 and I believe its the 60th movie I saw that came out in 2011. I absolutely LOVED this movie. I mean, for a movie that had one setting the whole time and NEVER lost my interest is really impressive. The acting was great by all the leads. Wow. nicely done.

I have to say....Best Lead Actress in a Comedy for the Golden Globes is a great category this year

Insane Carrie Fan

woah....Girl with Dragon Tattoo is available in TERRIBLE quality....im going to sit and wait on this one to see if a better one comes along

Concert Stars
    ^That's disappointing. I was planning on watching that tonight, haha.

The BAFTA longlists are out. These are the top 15 vote getters from the first round of voting. Next they narrow them down to the five nominees.
    http://static.bafta.org/files/longlist-201112-1264.pdf

No Harry Potter in Picture, but it did make the longlist for Supporting Actor (Alan Rickman, yeah!!!!), Adapted Screenplay, Editing, Cinematography, Costume Design, Production Design, Makeup & Hair, Sound, Visual Effects, Original Music (Heck yeah!) and British Film. They put Carey Mulligan in Shame in Lead, which I think is ridiculous. She is not a lead in that film, and she probably could've gotten a nomination in Supporting. Lots of Ides of March love, and I love that Marion Cotillard was mentioned in Supporting Actress for Midnight in Paris. I kind of just find these longlists fascinating, lol.

^ yeah it actually comes in while the movie has already started....im not sure how far into it actually is...

ahhh looking at the long list may hurt my head...im scared haha

•  
    Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast