Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2012

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Just saw J Edgar. It's not flawless but it's definitely not as bad as the reviews made it out to be. It just wasn't a very successful script. The scenes had trouble meshing together jumping from one timeline to another and back again. Whoever did the make-up failed spectacularly. Dicaprio should be praised just for being able to be convincing in it. Armie Hammer did a really good job as the young Tolson but he couldn't pull off the older version. Again, it's probably because of the god awful make-up they put on him. Any nomination for Best Actor that Dicaprio gets is very well deserved.

Concert Stars
    Oh my gosh I first read "Whoever did the makeup did spectacularly." I was like, "Uuummmmmm..." haha.

^ bahahahah could you imagine?!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    Seriously, Elie? You just made me like a thousand times more excited to see this! And I was pretty freaking excited to start with, haha.

I'm glad. I'm sure you will love The Artist. It's a great movie.

Oh my gosh I first read "Whoever did the makeup did spectacularly." I was like, "Uuummmmmm..." haha.
    I thought that might happen. I'm still wondering how anybody could even give a pass to the make-up job, let alone use it in the movie. Maybe it's just not very easy to make Hammer look old. He does look like he might age well.

Concert Stars
    I am still sad about Harry Potter. Did they even get a nomination for visual effects or anything? I had so hoped to see them there on the red carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am still sad about Harry Potter. Did they even get a nomination for visual effects or anything? I had so hoped to see them there on the red carpet.
    At the Globes? I don't think they have technical achievement categories.SAG nominated HP for stunt ensemble.
    It's also nominated at the BFCA's for art direction, make-up, visual effects and sound.

Looking at the comments on all the online video hosting sites, it looks like I'm the only person who liked Carnage. I thought it was funny, intelligent and interesting. I would place it in my top 10 this year.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Midnight In Paris. Is a nice movie, nothing special in my opinion, it's like very short and fast, I didnt even watch the trailer before watching the movie so I didnt know what to expect. What else? Oh, I cant stand Owen Wilson. A lot of people say that Jennifer Aniston acts the same in way in every single movie, well I think the same thing about Owen.

Albert Nobbs I thought this one was already out in the US, I mean its already "available" and in good quality but I searched and it will be released today there? Anyway, great movie. Glenn Close does an AMAZING job, when I saw her nomination for the Globes I was like but now I understand why, just brilliant. I think this is like the second serious movie of hers that I have seen (I'm not counting 101 Dalmatians, even less 102 lol although I have to say her Cruella De Vil was scary lol) being the first one Paradise Road, and that one is very good and tough, but she's a great actress. She also worte the lyrcis for the song of the movie that is nominated ofr Best Original Song. I have to say Mia Wasikowska's role is A-nnoying and that is being good with the character lol.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    Looking at the comments on all the online video hosting sites, it looks like I'm the only person who liked Carnage. I thought it was funny, intelligent and interesting. I would place it in my top 10 this year.
    I loved Carnage! Haha, I don't know what those other people are smoking but you and I know the truth.

Well, I watched Shame, and it was... amazing. I mean, Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan need to be nominated for their performances. Mulligan in particular was heartbreaking, and I've never seen her do anything like this. Her New York, New York scene completely blew me away; I want that mp3 on my iPod, lol. It was just fantastic. They play such layered characters, it's the kind of film that leaves you thinking a lot afterwards. I don't know how the Academy will react to it, though. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them didn't finish watching it (The threesome scene is really graphic... but at the same time it's kind of the emotional peak of the movie. Kind of.). I would nominate this film for Picture, Actor, Supporting Actress, Director, Original Screenplay, and Score for sure. Fantastic.

I loved Carnage! Haha, I don't know what those other people are smoking but you and I know the truth.
    Thank you!! How good was Christoph Waltz?

The trailer for Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An unexpected adventure was released yesterday. I can barely contain myself. This must be what teenage girls feel when Twilight movies release.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thank you!! How good was Christoph Waltz?

The trailer for Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An unexpected adventure was released yesterday. I can barely contain myself. This must be what teenage girls feel when Twilight movies release.
    No, it's a whole different experience when you know the movie you're looking forward to will actually be a good movie LOL
    Becca

Concert Stars
    I loved Carnage. I thought it was awesome. I will likely watch it agaiin. The acting was superb all around.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    Midnight In Paris. Is a nice movie, nothing special in my opinion, it's like very short and fast, I didnt even watch the trailer before watching the movie so I didnt know what to expect. What else? Oh, I cant stand Owen Wilson. A lot of people say that Jennifer Aniston acts the same in way in every single movie, well I think the same thing about Owen.

Albert Nobbs I thought this one was already out in the US, I mean its already "available" and in good quality but I searched and it will be released today there? Anyway, great movie. Glenn Close does an AMAZING job, when I saw her nomination for the Globes I was like but now I understand why, just brilliant. I think this is like the second serious movie of hers that I have seen (I'm not counting 101 Dalmatians, even less 102 lol although I have to say her Cruella De Vil was scary lol) being the first one Paradise Road, and that one is very good and tough, but she's a great actress. She also worte the lyrcis for the song of the movie that is nominated ofr Best Original Song. I have to say Mia Wasikowska's role is A-nnoying and that is being good with the character lol.
    Agree with you about Midnight in Paris. It was ok, but I was expecting so much more based on the comments and hype for it. I like Owen Wilson as he is sort of a harmless wimpy funny sort of guy, lol. But I do agree he is alot like Jen Aniston in that he does play the same character alot.

Exception: He was outstanding in "Behind Enemy Lines" about the Bosnian War. That was my favorite performance by Owen Wilson ever.

Insane Carrie Fan

Concert Stars
    I am pleasantly surprised to see that Mission Impossible 4 is getting outstanding reviews from critics. I liked all the first 3 of the series, so I plan to go this week.

there are so many movies to see though-- War Horse and Girl with the Dragon Tatoo are both playing in my theater too.

Concert Stars
    Omg I went to see girl with the dragon tatoo today and it was amazing!! I never read the books and know nothing about this movie other then the hype of it, but I can say now that it was incredible. I liked it even better then the help....so good!

The lead actress has my Oscar vote now. Sorry but I haven't felt this strongly since I saw Natalie port an in black swan. Incredible.

Concert Stars
    I'm totally excited to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I love David Fincher, and I loved the Swedish version, so I'm sure I'll like it!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Top 13 Movies To Be Excited About in 2012 (according to moi)

Top 13 Movies To Be Excited About in 2012 A Separate State of Mind

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Is anyone else's anger growing and growing by the day at the fact that the most successful / top 5 most acclaimed movie of the year is being COMPLETELY snubbed? My god, it made over a billion dollars. It deserves recognition just for that on such a sub par season. SUCH BULL****!
    Becca

•  
    Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast