Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2012

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    I've got about 25 movies to see including movies like Melancholia and Martha, Macy... and Contagion that really don't have much of a shot and not including foreign language films. I'm gonna skip movies that have not gotten much attention till now and wait till the Academy nominations are out.

Concert Stars
    Hey I just realized that Joey from Friends got a Golden Globe nomination!!! WOOHOO! lol That alone sort of makes up for some of the BS with the nominees. I keep remembering that one episode when Joey got nominated for a "Sopey" award and Rachael went with him. He lost and pouted like sWSRN. lol It was really cute. So now he gets to go to a big award show for real! lol So cool!

I want to see that one with Kate Winslet and Jodie Fisher that got nominated. It starts with a C. Not contagion. lol

Concert Stars
    ^Carnage! It's fantastic. It's online, wink wink. And it's only about 80 minutes long, so it's pretty easy to fit into a schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    I've got about 25 movies to see including movies like Melancholia and Martha, Macy... and Contagion that really don't have much of a shot and not including foreign language films. I'm gonna skip movies that have not gotten much attention till now and wait till the Academy nominations are out.
    I'm thinking about skipping some of them, too. Like Machine Gun Preacher and The Guard, who are really almost certainly not going to show up on Oscar nomintions morning. I'm putting off watching Warrior until after Oscar nods, since they're before SAG, 'cause I just have this gut feeling I'm going to hate that movie. And I'm probably only going to watch A Better Life if I get bored towards the end of my winter break, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    Two words, block voting, Jim got it last year, so I guess they went with Johnny this year.
    Oooh, that's an interesting theory... and one I hadn't thought of. It's just hard to fathom nominating someone from Big Bang over Jim Parsons. Now, if I had my way both would be nominated.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ I hate Leonard.

Concert Stars
    ^How is that possible? I hate Wolowitz and Bernadette.

Concert Stars
    One thing i will say: the Globes sure knows how to get beautiful people nominated. Lol

Between Carrie last year and this years angelinajolie, leo dicaprio, brad pitt, george clooney, ryan gosling, charlize theron, etc, it seems much more glamorous then usual. Lol

Concert Stars
    ^Look at the Lead Actor Drama nominees.

Ryan Gosling
    Brad Pitt
    Leonardo DiCaprio
    Michael Fassbender
    George Clooney

That is one sexy bunch of men. Mmmm.

Young Adult-This definitely felt like a Diablo Cody movie....the pace, the story. Everything. if youve seen once of her movies than you know what I mean. It wasnt as funny as Juno. Charlize Theron is really good as the lead actress but I think Kristen Wigg in Bridesmaids is funnier lol. But Charlize is more subtle funny. It's more of a serious comedy like Juno.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    I hate Wolowitz Bernadette is a biology person. I can relate :'(

I love Amy

Insane Carrie Fan

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Hey I just realized that Joey from Friends got a Golden Globe nomination!!! WOOHOO! lol That alone sort of makes up for some of the BS with the nominees. I keep remembering that one episode when Joey got nominated for a "Sopey" award and Rachael went with him. He lost and pouted like sWSRN. lol It was really cute. So now he gets to go to a big award show for real! lol So cool!

I want to see that one with Kate Winslet and Jodie Fisher that got nominated. It starts with a C. Not contagion. lol
    I'm sure Jessica would like to thank MY parents who always supported me and believed in me. She would also like to thank my friends Chandler, Ross, Monica, Phoebe and Rachel who's sitting right there *points* lol.

Insane Carrie Fan

I'm sure Jessica would like to thank MY parents who always supported me and believed in me. She would also like to thank my friends Chandler, Ross, Monica, Phoebe and Rachel who's sitting right there *points* lol.
    LOL, more Friends geeks just like me...that episode is hilarious, I have seen it recently and when Rachel says she wins Grammy's Best New Artist, Carrie comes to my mind. Oh and Phoebe's speech is just Rachel interrupts her, "Oh please dont play the music...Live From NY is Saturday Night!". I miss them

Oooh, that's an interesting theory... and one I hadn't thought of. It's just hard to fathom nominating someone from Big Bang over Jim Parsons. Now, if I had my way both would be nominated.
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    ^ I hate Leonard.
    I dont hate Leonard but I think Wolowitz is funnier. Amy Farrah Fowler is the best.

Concert Stars

lol Thank you!!!!!!!! lol That is exactly the episode I recall! lol Love it!

Concert Stars
    I just watched "Carnage" and it was awesome!! What a strange flick though. The whole thing took place in a NYC apartment! lol But the acting was incredible!

I had forgotten just how talented Jodie Foster is as it has been awhile since I saw her in anything.....Panic Room and that Flight movie about her missing daughter were the last Jodie Foster movies I have seen.

anyway-- it was definitely messed up, but in a good way! lol

Concert Stars
    ^Look at the Lead Actor Drama nominees.

Ryan Gosling
    Brad Pitt
    Leonardo DiCaprio
    Michael Fassbender
    George Clooney

That is one sexy bunch of men. Mmmm.
    exactly! It is going to be a good night for tv! lol

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I just watched "Carnage" and it was awesome!! What a strange flick though. The whole thing took place in a NYC apartment! lol But the acting was incredible!

I had forgotten just how talented Jodie Foster is as it has been awhile since I saw her in anything.....Panic Room and that Flight movie about her missing daughter were the last Jodie Foster movies I have seen.

anyway-- it was definitely messed up, but in a good way! lol
    I thot you were gonna say they were the only Jodie foster movies you'd ever seen? haha, I was gonna say "silence of the lambs" anyone!? haha SUCH a classic. I never saw taxi driver but i assume its phenomenal as well.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    OMG I own Silence of the Lambs on DVD. One of my all time favorite movies. So great!

I was pissed when they replaced her for the sequel! while Julianne Moore is a very good actress too, it wasn't the same. They needed "Clarice" back for it to work. It was bland without Jodie Foster.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    OMG I own Silence of the Lambs on DVD. One of my all time favorite movies. So great!

I was pissed when they replaced her for the sequel! while Julianne Moore is a very good actress too, it wasn't the same. They needed "Clarice" back for it to work. It was bland without Jodie Foster.
    apparently, and I'm not for sure if its true, Jodie Foster opted not to return as Clarice because anthony hopkins scared the **** out of her. He's such a method actor that he never dropped the character of hannical lecter while they were filming. he is truly phenomenal as well.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    Seriously, Elie? You just made me like a thousand times more excited to see this! And I was pretty freaking excited to start with, haha.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    apparently, and I'm not for sure if its true, Jodie Foster opted not to return as Clarice because anthony hopkins scared the **** out of her. He's such a method actor that he never dropped the character of hannical lecter while they were filming. he is truly phenomenal as well.
    Becca
    wow that is very interesting to hear! lol I love him though! And yes, he was just a little too good in the role of Hannibal Lector for his own good. lol kidding

•  
    Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast