Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Award Season in 2012

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    ^Bahahaha. I'm not going to lie, I loved Ides of March... but even I could tell you Clooney did not deserve a Director nod for that and Gosling was better in Drive. This makes it unfortunate, though, that Evan Rachel Wood couldn't get into Supporting, even though Melissa McCarthy was not nominated (What?! This is originally where I thought she'd end up, and not in SAG!).

Boo at no Harry Potter in Score. But guys... the Comedy lineup this year is good? What?! Hah. Way better than The Tourist, or any of the other atrocious nominees we had last year. I was hoping Zooey Deschanel could get a Song nod here. Oooh! But happy for Viggo Mortensen!

I'm actually impressed at how many of these movies I've seen, lol.
    The Ides of March is good. I gave it a good review. But there's no way in hell it's deserving of a best film nomination. I mean, come on!
    And yeah, I've watched lots of movies too! I still stand by Where Do We Go Now being snubbed. But we're a tiny country so I guess we were just being overly optimistic, sadly.

Concert Stars
    Madonna's song got nominated for WE. Did she write it?

just got home, havent read the nominations or your reactions!! going to read now!

EDIT:

WOW....this looks like its going to be a good year...and i mean it differently from last year. this year we really dont know what to expect. Im loving all the surprises. Ill take Ryans nom for Ides hahaha but looks like I have some serious movie watching to do...havent printed out the list yet to do my tally.

now time to take a look at the tv noms.....but im not as ecstatic about that cause i already know someone I wanted didnt get a supporting nom lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    The Ides of March is good. I gave it a good review. But there's no way in hell it's deserving of a best film nomination. I mean, come on!
    And yeah, I've watched lots of movies too! I still stand by Where Do We Go Now being snubbed. But we're a tiny country so I guess we were just being overly optimistic, sadly.
    The Oscars have a much better process for nominating foreign films, in my opinion. In the Land of Blood and Honey was always going to be nominated here because it's a nomination for Angelina Jolie and as I've always said, HFPA are starwhores. The Skin I Live In and The Kid with the Bike are also directed by much bigger names than Where Do We Go Now. And Flowers of War has Christian Bale in it. So don't give up hope!

Oh, and Tee, I'm like, 99% sure Madonna did write that song. I think she composed the score for W.E. too.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Wow. Rooney Mara got in.

JGL would've won for 50/50 if Jean Dujardin hadn't been in the comedy/musical category. The Artist has Comedy movie and actor in the bag. A relatively decent list for the Golden Globes as far as the movie nominations go. Atleast the WTF nominations are not horrifying ones like last year.

I can't understand why award shows are so hell bent on pretending that Community doesn't exist. It's arguably the best comedy on TV.

Concert Stars
    ^The TV side looks really odd to me, but that's probably because I don't watch much TV. I'm glad Boardwalk Empire got some love again. But no Steve Carell? And apparently there's this show called Boss? Lol, and Kelsey Grammer's in it? Who knew. How the heck did Johnny Galecki get in without Jim Parsons? Yeah, looking at the TV nods make me love the movie ones, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    JGL would've won for 50/50 if Jean Dujardin hadn't been in the comedy/musical category. The Artist has Comedy movie and actor in the bag. A relatively decent list for the Golden Globes as far as the movie nominations go. Atleast the WTF nominations are not horrifying ones like last year.

I can't understand why award shows are so hell bent on pretending that Community doesn't exist. It's arguably the best comedy on TV.
    The nominations for comedy movies last year were ridiculous....

Now with Community being benched for mid-season it's screwed. Its getting the arrested development treatment. It had critics support and fair enough viewership but i never understood why it didnt get any award show love. WTF michael C. hall didnt get nominated for best actor in a drama!!!! neither did Dexter!!!!!!!!!!!! omg omg omg omg...... this is the first time the tv nominations have been more depressing than the movie ones.... plus the ONLY good thing about glee didnt get nominated but I wasnt expecting her to anyways LOL so i had already prepared myself for disappointment

okay back to films because right now those are alot more uplifting....

Concert Stars
    I am so happy about Homeland and Claire Danes! I am not sure if you guys watch the show, but it is outstanding. It isi the new "24". Claire should win that category easily.

EDIt-- yeah for Madonna! lol

^ Homelands on showtime right?? I have no doubt its great then...their shows are great

Insane Carrie Fan
    I just finished season 1 Dexter and I just read that Michael C. Hall isn't nominated. I know they're not judging him based on season 1 but come on!

The Oscars have a much better process for nominating foreign films, in my opinion. In the Land of Blood and Honey was always going to be nominated here because it's a nomination for Angelina Jolie and as I've always said, HFPA are starwhores. The Skin I Live In and The Kid with the Bike are also directed by much bigger names than Where Do We Go Now. And Flowers of War has Christian Bale in it. So don't give up hope!

Oh, and Tee, I'm like, 99% sure Madonna did write that song. I think she composed the score for W.E. too.
    Thanks for this. It's just depressing. I think you'll know when you watch Where Do We Go Now.

Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    I just finished season 1 Dexter and I just read that Michael C. Hall isn't nominated. I know they're not judging him based on season 1 but come on!
    HAHAHA i own all the seasons and im currently watching season 6....they must be basing it off of season 5 which wasnt a super strong season because season 6 is back on track. im really disappointed him and the show arent nominated yet a show ive never heard of Boss is....

So, does it look like Jonah Hill will get an Oscar nomination this year??? crazy! I never would have guess it...

so I have a total of 17 movies to see based off my list (not counting foreign language)...theres a few Im most likely going to skip or put off till the very last because I know they wont be nominated for oscars (theyre in the Comedy category anyways)....ooof better get a move on...

Alright...so lets put the top 2 categories together and try and figure out the best picture nominees for The Academy Awards....I dont think Bridesmaids or 50/50 will make it in there (as much as I want the latter to and it would if they HAD to put 10 in there)

The Descendants
    The Help
    hugo
    MoneyBall
    War Horse
    The Artist
    Midnight in Paris

Wildcards
    The Ides of March
    My Week with Marilyn

any others you can think of...i think HP might be a loss cause as well

This actually isnt a terrible group of movies from the ones Ive seen....I cant wait to see the ones I havent!

I made my list. I have 29 movies to watch before Jan. 15th (including the foreign language films - PS, how is a film from the USA considered "foreign language"?? Lol).

Concert Stars
    ^I guess it just has to be in a foreign language for the Globes. That's not the case for the Oscars, though. I think it's ineligible there.

Hannah, I think you've got the seven right there. If any of those miss I'll be surprised (maybe not War Horse, I don't know). The only other films I could see maybe sneaking in are The Tree of Life or Drive, and those are massive longshots. I guess I'd clump My Week with Marilyn in there, too. But I'm with you, those seven seem like a likely group right now.

I have 20 movies to watch, but that's including all of the weird categories like Song, which I may or may not end up watching that just for the song (I'm looking at you, Machine Gun Preacher) and Foreign Language Film. Going to be a fun month!

^ I totally forgot about tree of life....yeaaaaahhh I bet theyll nominate that for best picture....gross haha and what a shame it didnt get any love at the golden globes...i dont know whether to be extremely happy about that or extremely pissed that I wasted 2 hrs watching it

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm still pissed. And now that I look at those TV categories, I'm even more pissed. Seriously!
    5 Reasons the 2012 Golden Globes Nominations Are A Big Failure A Separate State of Mind

^ Yeah, I was fine with Glee getting nominated for a SAG because that goes to the Cast....and they work their butts off, probably one of the hardest working casts in television. But them being nominated for a Globe...ugh...pisses me off....and Im a fan of the show (when it's good haha)..well let me rephrase that....I was a fan of the show when it was really funny and really good....but now I stay because I love the cast....and Naya Rivera hahaha

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    ^ Homelands on showtime right?? I have no doubt its great then...their shows are great
    yes Homeland is on Showtime. It is an action/thriller series about terrorisim etc. Clarie Danes is a CIA agent. It is really well done....kind of like "24" with Keifer Sutherland.

Concert Stars
    I feel like some of tv category noms are fresh and new....but some of the nominees are so boring and predictable. I feel like the same people get nominated every year and I am so over that. Enough already. Time to give others a chance.

That is why I am happy about Homeland, Clarie Danes, even Zooie Deshanel from that New girl show. I haven't seen it yet but it is nice to see someone new break in.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    That is why I am happy about Homeland, Clarie Danes, even Zooie Deshanel from that New girl show. I haven't seen it yet but it is nice to see someone new break in.
    New Girl is the funniest show on television right now, i was so happy to see her and the show nominated.

Insane Carrie Fan

Lol but they already knew that she is going to be there because they nominated Brad Pitt, so they missed an oportunity there.

^The TV side looks really odd to me, but that's probably because I don't watch much TV. I'm glad Boardwalk Empire got some love again. But no Steve Carell? And apparently there's this show called Boss? Lol, and Kelsey Grammer's in it? Who knew. How the heck did Johnny Galecki get in without Jim Parsons? Yeah, looking at the TV nods make me love the movie ones, lol.
    Two words, block voting, Jim got it last year, so I guess they went with Johnny this year.

In general, I cant judge, I havent seen most of the nominated movies. Someone wants to make a list of what should I see and give it to me? lol . And with TV shows is almost the same, I dont know most of the nominated shows.

•  
    Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast