Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    No, I haven't.

I took the youngest to see Winnie The Pooh while they went to see Harry.
    How was Winnie the Pooh? It has been getting good reviews too.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    How was Winnie the Pooh? It has been getting good reviews too.
    It's typical Pooh stuff but it is cute and she loved it so that was the most important thing.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2': Midnight Box Office gross | Inside Movies | EW.com

That is a very impressive midnight showing number, I can't even imagine what the total for the weekend is going to be.

Off to read your review now, Elie! I was waiting until I saw it. Just got back. Definitely cried a few times.

Still figuring out how to put everything into words, but the one thing I can say is as amazing as this was, I still didn't like the 19 years later part. Hated that part in the book, and while it seemed to work a bit better in the movie (besides the hilarious attempts to make everyone look older, especially Malfoy), I still think it was unnecessary and should have ended with Harry, Ron and Hermione standing amongst the rubble. Let the audience decide what happened to the characters after that, instead of telling them.

I can't believe how bang-on this movie was, though, in terms of being so accurate to what I pictured in my head when I was reading the book. It got just about everything exactly right.

Oh, and the score!!! Effing incredible. If the score for this movie does not get an Oscar nod something is seriously wrong. It was amazing. I actually want it on my ipod, and I'm not usually the kind of person who ever puts score on her ipod.

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree the score was amazing. I actually kind of liked seeing them 19 years later, because I know I would wonder forever, and ever, what happened to them next. lol

It is sometimes nice to know they are doing great in the future. I think they did make them look somewhat older with the makeup etc-- but it didn't work on Malfoy. lol His skin is too young looking. lol Otherwise though Harry and Ron definitely looked older, etc.

Yeah, I just wanted things slightly differently in the future, so I just pretend the whole 19 Years Later thing didn't happen. lol. I like it when things are kind of kept a little open-ended, not wrapped up in a neat bow. But the movie was still amazing!

Concert Stars
    I'm going to get my tickets in the morning for a late night show tomorrow, then I already told my mom and sisters that we're going to see it sometime during the week, then some of my other friends are going to see it next weekend. Super excited!

Oh, and by the way, I hated the epilogue in the book. If the movie somehow gets me to like it that will be the mark of true filmic genius. I hate when things are wrapped up perfectly.

Insane Carrie Fan
    For what it's worth and I didn't write this in my review, the epilogue just works. You cannot hate it. You know why? because you feel the characters deserve it. Sure, they look weird with the make-up of them being older and stuff but it's just a breath of fresh air to the movie. It's like they're telling you, everything will be alright. I dunno, I just loved it. The whole thing

Insane Carrie Fan
    Oh and James, you need to watch it asap! Poor Winnie The Pooh, it's going to get slaughtered this weekend.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    Oh and James, you need to watch it asap! Poor Winnie The Pooh, it's going to get slaughtered this weekend.
    Poor Pooh is going to get the stuffing beat out of him. lol

I think that I will go see it next weekend, my wife said she would like to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    I'm going to get my tickets in the morning for a late night show tomorrow, then I already told my mom and sisters that we're going to see it sometime during the week, then some of my other friends are going to see it next weekend. Super excited!

Oh, and by the way, I hated the epilogue in the book. If the movie somehow gets me to like it that will be the mark of true filmic genius. I hate when things are wrapped up perfectly.
    I got teary eyed when I read the epilogue part lol. I especially loved what Harry told little Al about Snape.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I loved the epilogue in the film and in the book, I thought it was sorta like you know what happens, it shows everything is calm and well and its so sweet

Insane Carrie Fan
    The movie broke the Friday opening day record set by New Moon at $72 million. HP7 grossed about $95 million. LOL

And with the good word of mouth the movie has been getting, God knows where it will go.

Concert Stars
    holy crap! those box office numbers are unreal!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    does anyone think theres a chance that, since this film has huge universal acclaim, that some "potter virgins" may read a few recaps just so they can see this film?
    becca T

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    The movie broke the Friday opening day record set by New Moon at $72 million. HP7 grossed about $95 million. LOL

And with the good word of mouth the movie has been getting, God knows where it will go.
    wooooow more like shattered the record haha
    becca T

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    does anyone think theres a chance that, since this film has huge universal acclaim, that some "potter virgins" may read a few recaps just so they can see this film?
    becca T
    Some of my friends who always said how much they hated Harry Potter began reading all the books to go see the film, and a few others went and saw the film and loved it so they decided to read the series, that made me so happy! I feel so bad for people who live their lives without Harry Potter! Lol
    And those numbers are amazing! Im so happy!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    If you're like me and love the movies but never read the books, it's hard to buy that Harry married Ginny. Because they didn't get much of a story in the movies and also the actors have no chemistry whatsoever. Also it's rather convenient that both Harry and Hermione married Weesleys. I can buy the Ron/Hermione part because it has been set up well in the movies even though Emma has better chemistry with Dan than Rupert.

^ i always hated Ginny and Harry and I read the books hahaha but I also hate the epilogue sooo haha

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    Some of my friends who always said how much they hated Harry Potter began reading all the books to go see the film, and a few others went and saw the film and loved it so they decided to read the series, that made me so happy! I feel so bad for people who live their lives without Harry Potter! Lol
    And those numbers are amazing! Im so happy!
    I do agree that n the movies Emma and Daniel have better chemistry than Rupert and Emma. Especially in HP7 Part 1.

And I read the books (multiple times) so Harry and Ginny ending up together worked for me, but I see what you mean in the movie. Honestly if you saw just the movies, I feel Harry and Luna would have worked.

•  
    Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast