Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: 2013 racing thread

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    I'm not going to assume anything until we hear for sure, but the fact that that SHR is waiting 2 days to give any kind of update and a couple of the more respected national journalists are calling this a "serious" back injury, I'm not liking the chances that Tony gets his going away season. Like or hate the man, and I know he's a polarizing guy, that would be a damn shame. A guy with his talent who's done so much for the sport as a whole, with almost 50 wins and 3 titles deserves to go out on his terms. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he's back for Daytona, but I really don't like how quiet everyone's being.
    Yeah I don't think that he is coming back anytime soon.

I agree guys. It went quiet and his manager's tweet said really nothing and ended with wish I could say more. Sounds like a really bad injury.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    I agree guys. It went quiet and his manager's tweet said really nothing and ended with wish I could say more. Sounds like a really bad injury.
    It really does sound that way, if it was something minor they would have said so yesterday and seeing that they are not going to say anything until tomorrow makes me think that he very well might have had surgery today.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Smoke isn't coming back anytime soon.

Nope - fractured L1 vertebrae

Here's what Stewart-Hass put out:

Stewart-Haas RacingVerified account ‏@StewartHaasRcng 2h2 hours ago
    .@TonyStewart Injury Update from Stewart-Haas Racing

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Well, that's good news if there is going to be any news on this accident. Snake is one bad MFer. I grew up at the drags & got Snake's autograph when I was a little girl. He was something else on the quarter mile.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Well, that's good news if there is going to be any news on this accident. Snake is one bad MFer. I grew up at the drags & got Snake's autograph when I was a little girl. He was something else on the quarter mile.
    I had to laugh at the way he described what went on.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Not sure what to think of the new charter system, I think it could be a good way to attract new sponsors(guaranteed starting spots) and help owners ready to get out of the game recoup their money. But with so few spots available to non chartered teams and the ability to buy/sell/lease charters I fear that this is basically the death knell for new owners getting involved in the sport and all we're going to see is the top 6-7 teams continue to dominate and get richer while everyone else suffers.

The days of seeing a team like Furniture Row come in, slowly build, and eventually become race winning caliber and title contenders is sadly probably over now, and that's not a good thing.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    Not sure what to think of the new charter system, I think it could be a good way to attract new sponsors(guaranteed starting spots) and help owners ready to get out of the game recoup their money. But with so few spots available to non chartered teams and the ability to buy/sell/lease charters I fear that this is basically the death knell for new owners getting involved in the sport and all we're going to see is the top 6-7 teams continue to dominate and get richer while everyone else suffers. The days of seeing a team like Furniture Row come in, slowly build, and eventually become race winning caliber and title contenders is sadly probably over now, and that's not a good thing.
    I am mixed on this idea too, it does hurt having potential new owners come in but it does help out with bringing in new sponsors with teams being locked into the field, it's going to be one of those wait and see how things play out ideas.

Concert Stars
    I always thought that 43 cars was too many. Those cars at the end rarely did any thing spectacular other than filling up a field.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I always thought that 43 cars was too many. Those cars at the end rarely did any thing spectacular other than filling up a field.
    I wouldn't have much of an issue if those lower level teams ended up in the Xfinity series outside of Front Row being competitive on the plate tracks those lower level teams get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I had to laugh at the way he described what went on.
    He's quite a character. I've heard him tell some stories after having a few drinks - haha - the old guys tell some great stories and I'll just leave it at that - ha

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Danielle Trotta Verified account ‏@DanielleTrotta More on breaking news: Brian Vickers replacing Tony Stewart at Daytona coming up in moments on #RaceHub @FS1

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I don't have a big problem with 40 car fields, 3 less backmarkers that have no business on the track/will just park after 15 laps anyway. It's just, why 36 charters? Why not, 30?

I feel bad for the Wood Brothers. All that history, they FINALLY have support from a top team, an up and coming young driver, and sponsorship for a full season....and this rule takes affect now. Not that they should have a huge problem making most races anyway, but what happens now if something goes wrong? They're just one oil slick or one bad engine away from going home on any given week. It's the teams like that, that have put decades of blood, sweat, and tears into making the sport what it is. It's the rare start ups like Front Row and Furniture Row that ACTUALLY show up to race and attempt to improve that I feel bad for. Obviously those 2 teams in particular are in, but this is a major deterrent for any new owner looking to follow their footprint.

That said, most weeks it'll be the difference between which 3 start and parks join the 21 in the field, and I guess that's not exactly a huge deal.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I will be really happy for two reasons a week from tomorrow, one it means the season is going to start and more importantly two I will not have to see those annoying Happy Daytona Day commercials.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Hard to believe that it was 15 years ago that Dale Sr. was killed.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The have been trying all night and finally had the big one in the truck race.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yikes, that was a wicked ride that Bell took at the end of the truck race.

•  
    Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast