Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: 2013 racing thread

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thoughts and prayers to Justin Wilson.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I wasn't necessarily for it at the time of Wheldon's death(mostly because the MUCH more important problem at that time was getting the car itself safer. The new car, other than still leaving the ground and flying too often, has accomplished that), but I think it's time to at least start testing something to close the cockpits in open wheel cars. It would obviously have to be quick release in case of fire, and it would probably be at least a couple of years away........but after seeing I'm sure everyone's worst fears with debris hitting someone in the head and killing them, it's just time. I understand that racing is ALWAYS going to have an element of danger to it and that's part of the reason we all watch, but I'm tired of watching drivers die.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    NBC?s broadcast of Southern 500 NASCAR race includes throwback theme | NASCAR Talk

Squire and the Jarretts calling part of the race is going to be really cool to see along with all the throwback paint schemes and everything else they are going to do on the broadcast.

Concert Stars
    I was already looking forward to Darlington, but with all the throwback stuff going on now this has the potential to be the best race broadcast in years. Hopefully NASCAR never messes with tradition again and the Southern 500 regains its rightful spot as a Labor Day constant and one of the sports majors.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The entire throwback theme is spectacular.

Concert Stars
    Nothing against Allen, Burton, and Letarte, because they've been a solid team so far. But I would have much rather listened to Ken Squier and Ned Jarrett all night long. It was great to have them back for the time we did though. Just too bad Buddy Baker couldn't last a little bit longer to give us the Daytona 500 crew from my childhood back, but Dale getting to work with his dad in the booth was a pretty good alternative.
    JB172 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    Nothing against Allen, Burton, and Letarte, because they've been a solid team so far. But I would have much rather listened to Ken Squier and Ned Jarrett all night long. It was great to have them back for the time we did though. Just too bad Buddy Baker couldn't last a little bit longer to give us the Daytona 500 crew from my childhood back, but Dale getting to work with his dad in the booth was a pretty good alternative.
    It was great to hear Ken & Ned call a race together again and it had to be wonderful for Dale to get to be in the booth with them.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Samantha Busch ‏@SamanthaBusch 1h1 hour ago Amazing n emotional day providing 5 couples w the funds to go thru IVF at REACH thru our Bundle of Joy Fund #GodsPlan

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Pretty awesome foundation that Kyle & Samantha started, kudos to them.

On a side note Denny Hamlin needs to stop playing basketball.
    Last edited by JB172; 09-09-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am going to go with Ky. Busch, Harvick, Kenseth and Keselowski to be the final four at Homestead with Kenseth winning the championship.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a all JGR and Penske final four, both of those teams are really strong right now.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DeLana Harvick ‏@DeLanaHarvick 22h22 hours ago "Momma! What is Ms @ErinAndrews doin at the football game??? She dances and footballs too?!?!? She's still a hey baby!"

That is hilarious.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Tony Stewart plans to retire after 2016 season

Craven called this weeks ago.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Maybe he'll take more of a hands on role & actually get Danica some help, better equipment & better management.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Maybe he'll take more of a hands on role & actually get Danica some help, better equipment & better management.
    I think that he will take on a much bigger hands on role, it's tough to do that when he is also a driver.

He hasn't been the same guy behind the wheel after he broke his leg and then the accident with Ward last year made things even worse.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Kenseth getting suspended for two races is garbage.

Very happy that I am going to get to see Gordon run for the title at Homestead.

Concert Stars
    I'm a Penske fan and even a Logano fan, but 2 races is totally unacceptable. 1 would have been questionable, but given past incidents justifiable. This is just NASCAR making up the rules as they go again.

Which is a big part of the reason why I simply don't watch much anymore.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    NASCAR REALLY needs to find a rules package where drivers can actually pass someone the racing this year has been pathetic the entire season.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    What a tough one to lose for BK, dominated the entire day and loses the lead with less than 10 laps left and now he has to win next week to get into the final four.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    What a crap way for the last race of this round to end, feel bad for the four who didn't get a whole race to try to get their way into the final four.

I would love to see Gordon win that 5th title next Sunday to closeout his HOF career while sitting in the grandstands next Sunday but unless something happens to him Harvick is going to be very hard to beat with as dominate as he has been on the 1.5 mile tracks this year.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I wonder what Junior's fridge looked like before he met Amy.

Here's the fridge @dpshow

•  
    Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast