Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: 2013 racing thread

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    And here comes the week long Danica love affair when she did NOTHING that the rest of us couldn't do if given a car that great at Daytona.

If she finishes in the top 10 of the 500, I'll give her props. If she somehow wins, I'll eat my shoe. Til then, she's done NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Kyle is really good and he is someone I would like to see on for the first half of the season they DJ can take over the 2nd half.

Nobody will be as good as Benny was.
    I would like that! And you're right, no one is as good as Benny was...miss him...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    And here comes the week long Danica love affair when she did NOTHING that the rest of us couldn't do if given a car that great at Daytona.

If she finishes in the top 10 of the 500, I'll give her props. If she somehow wins, I'll eat my shoe. Til then, she's done NOTHING.
    Go Danica!!!!!! lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    I would like that! And you're right, no one is as good as Benny was...miss him...
    Benny was so good on tv.

Jeff Burton is someone I think would be very good on tv once he is done racing, if that is something he wants to do but I think he will go help his son out with his racing career.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I can't believe that it has been 12 years since Dale was killed.

Me either...I've been reading all the tweets Marty Smith has been retweeting about people meeting Dale or rememberances of Dale -- that day is one that is forever etched in my mind.

Benny was so good on tv.

Jeff Burton is someone I think would be very good on tv once he is done racing, if that is something he wants to do but I think he will go help his son out with his racing career.
    Jeff Burton would be really good...maybe he'll want to do that at some point.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Me either...I've been reading all the tweets Marty Smith has been retweeting about people meeting Dale or rememberances of Dale -- that day is one that is forever etched in my mind.
    I have been reading Marty's tweets during lunch.

Seeing Dale, Dale Jr. & Kerry run in the same race at MIS in 2000 was really cool.

Concert Stars
    Switching gears to drag racing, it's refreshing to see females who look good AND actually get results on the track.

Looks like Ole John may have taught his daughters a little TOO much about racing lol.

Concert Stars
    I have been reading Marty's tweets during lunch.

Seeing Dale, Dale Jr. & Kerry run in the same race at MIS in 2000 was really cool.
    That and watching Adam Petty make the Pettys the first 4 generation family in Cup racing just a few weeks before both he and Lee died were really cool to see in hindsight. Glad both of those got to happen before the tragedies.

Here's a couple of nice vids about Dale...

http://www.wmzq.com/pages/mj.html?article=10833942

Junior Carrie Follower phyllis_0227's Avatar
    I AM SO READY for this all to start.... Just need to see who gets where after the shootouts... Other then Danica and Jeff. Love me some Hendricks...

Concert Stars

And yet, she did something that has NEVER been done before. Mayhaps, she should at least be given some credit for that? I agree with JB...Go Danica!

Concert Stars
    I can't believe that it has been 12 years since Dale was killed.
    That was the only NASCAR race I have ever been to.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    That was the only NASCAR race I have ever been to.
    That is pretty werid that the only race you have been to.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    And yet, she did something that has NEVER been done before. Mayhaps, she should at least be given some credit for that? I agree with JB...Go Danica!
    Was Boris Said or David Gilliland given any credit when THEY won Daytona poles? No, because people realized it was what it was. Great cars. That's what wins poles at Daytona and Talladega. Drivers win the race. Danica very well may go win the 500, who knows. She drafts well and has contended at Daytona in the past. But qualifying means absolutely nothing.

Tony Stewart and the team he put around her deserve all the credit for this. She'll deserve the credit for a solid or better finish in the race. And I'll be the first to give it to her if she gets it done. As for it never being done before, not the average fans fault NASCAR has long been a racist, sexist organization and this is the first chance a woman has EVER got in an actual good car. Doesn't mean we have to give her 24/7 media attention...........

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Was Boris Said or David Gilliland given any credit when THEY won Daytona poles? No, because people realized it was what it was. Great cars. That's what wins poles at Daytona and Talladega. Drivers win the race. Danica very well may go win the 500, who knows. She drafts well and has contended at Daytona in the past. But qualifying means absolutely nothing.

Tony Stewart and the team he put around her deserve all the credit for this. She'll deserve the credit for a solid or better finish in the race. And I'll be the first to give it to her if she gets it done. As for it never being done before, not the average fans fault NASCAR has long been a racist, sexist organization and this is the first chance a woman has EVER got in an actual good car. Doesn't mean we have to give her 24/7 media attention...........
    The combo of her being the first woman to ever win a pole and her being who she is, has led to her winning the pole getting all the attention that it has, if say someone like Joanna Long was the one who won the pole she would get a lot of attention too but I don't think it would be as much as Danica is getting.

I really want her to win though so you have to eat your shoe. lol

Concert Stars
    The combo of her being the first woman to ever win a pole and her being who she is, has led to her winning the pole getting all the attention that it has, if say someone like Joanna Long was the one who won the pole she would get a lot of attention too but I don't think it would be as much as Danica is getting.

Maybe it'll be a golf shoe or baseball spikes.

buckeyecarriefan, you seem to be missing the trees for the forest. Boris Said & David Gilliland were the same sex as everyone that had ever won a pole in the history of NASCAR. It's obvious you don't like Danica, maybe you have issues with women, but for crying out loud, she is the first WOMAN to do it. At least acknowledge that part of this story.

Concert Stars
    I get that, and I do understand why it's a big story. And I don't hate Danica. I don't like her attitude sometimes, and I hate the way they've hyped her up over the past few years when there's other woman with talent out there too. But yes, I do get why it's a big deal, and that's great. If she wins a race it'll be an even bigger deal, and for good reason. NASCAR is finally coming out of the dark ages and it's been too long. I just wish society could start seeing EVERYONE as equal. I don't personally care if she's a man, a woman, black, white, Asian, whatever. She can drive a car. Maybe she ends up as good as the best, maybe she doesn't. But she can drive a car. To me that makes her simply a driver. I'm just simply pointing out that you can ask any driver out there about how hard they actually work during qualifying at Daytona. The answer is not very. I sincerely hope she goes out and wins a pole at say, Bristol.

So to Danica I say congrats. To her credit, she hasn't asked for the attention she's gotten and she wants to do well as a driver. I can respect that and I hope she makes it. It would be huge for the sport. Same thing with other female drivers throughout various forms of racing such as Johanna Long, Simona DeSilvestro, the Force sisters, etc. I just wish we didn't have to hear about it every 5 minutes for the entire 3 hours the race is going on....let them drive and let the results speak for themselves.

Concert Stars

See, I think THAT is what is bothering me the most. They've decided that Danica is attractive and therefore they give her all the attention. Meanwhile, other women who very well may be just as talented are getting 2nd tier Nationwide rides and really are never given a shot. Hopefully Danica can win a few races and convince everyone that a woman can drive just as well as the men.

Anyways, I really do think she'll run top 10 this Sunday, and at Daytona that means she's in contention for a win. The Stewart-Haas cars are fast, she DOES know how to draft, and that combo will have her somewhere near the front assuming she can stay out of the trouble that just always seems to happen at Daytona.

•  
    Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast