Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

Strange Feeling.....

Hey, I just got back from the movie, and I ate a big bag of popcorn, with butter. This always happens to me after I eat popcorn for some reason. It's like I feel weak, and my hands start shaking slightly, and I feel kind of faint. I don't know why this happens. I'm not diabetic, and I'm pretty small for my age, 5'5, 115 lbs. Right now I'm eating ice cream, because usually when I eat something sweet after this I feel much better, I'm already feeling better. I don't know; I can't explain it.

Why do I do this to myself, lol?? No more popcorn.....or at least, not with butter. That may be what does it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That is strange, I think that you might want to stop eating popcorn or try it without the butter.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It sounds like you could have low blood sugar. That's not really a big deal, a lot of people get headaches or feel shakey or lightheaded because of it. I used to get horrible headaches and it I always used to feel better after laying down or eating something.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I think that may be it; I may have low blood sugar. Ugh, this sucks! I'm giving up popcorn, and I really love popcorn. But it's not worth feeling like this. If it gets bad enough, it can ruin my whole day. So, no more popcorn

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefann View Post
    I think that may be it; I may have low blood sugar. Ugh, this sucks! I'm giving up popcorn, and I really love popcorn. But it's not worth feeling like this. If it gets bad enough, it can ruin my whole day. So, no more popcorn
    Is it just popcorn with butter from the theater or all kinds of popcorn? Popcorn with butter should not lower your blood sugar because they are high in calories and can actually raise your sugar or maintain it. Do you think you are allergic to the kind of popcorn in the theater, there are some chemicals on those food.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    No, it's any time I eat popcorn, either at home or theater. But strange, I always eat it with butter. Idk!! My doctor took a blood sample a few months ago, he said I wasn't diabetic, so I have no idea. But I'm staying away from popcorn!!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Are you feeling OK today?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Yeah, I felt fine right after eating strawberry ice-cream last night! No worries. I usually eat something sweet and I'm fine.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'd have your doctor look into potential allergies. Popcorn shouldn't make you feel like that, and it shouldn't cause low blood sugar especially if it has butter on it. If you were suffering from low blood sugar, you'd be weak everytime your blood sugar was low, not just after eating one particular food.
    I'm glad you're feeling better today!

Quote Originally Posted by carriefann View Post
    Hey, I just got back from the movie, and I ate a big bag of popcorn, with butter. This always happens to me after I eat popcorn for some reason. It's like I feel weak, and my hands start shaking slightly, and I feel kind of faint. I don't know why this happens. I'm not diabetic, and I'm pretty small for my age, 5'5, 115 lbs. Right now I'm eating ice cream, because usually when I eat something sweet after this I feel much better, I'm already feeling better. I don't know; I can't explain it.

Why do I do this to myself, lol?? No more popcorn.....or at least, not with butter. That may be what does it.
    Are you sure it's something to do with the popcorn? The other factor could be the cinema itself. Maybe two hours of bright lights and loud sounds left you feeling iffy? Or maybe just SITTING for a long period of time?

Sorry, I'm no medical person, just trying to be helpful.

New Carrie Fan
    You actually feeling all this today and its freaking me out!i hope it will just pass i do have anxiety and also worry allot about things..........

•