Page 21 of 456 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree22923Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mtreasmith View Post
    I realllllly liked "That November" that was rumored to be going on CR or PO. Cant really remember. But I do know that it was a demo for an album by Carrie (but the demo is not by carrie). Just imagine Carrie's powerhouse on those big notes on this song!!

It is a very steamy song !! :-D
    I had completely forgotten about That November! Oh God, I used to be obsessed with that one, haha. Thanks for posting it!
    lizcarlo, mtreasmith and CUFan7 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    somehow i want to see Carrie going southern and retro.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Carrie is too loyal to leave Mark Bright- and he is a great producer. I think he does a great job.

But- maybe Carrie would try a co- producer situation like they did with Some
    Hearts? If anyone is going to coproduce Carrie's new album- I want it to be the Dixie Chocks producer or the Civil
    Wars producer
    - or even Allison Krauss. That would be heaven on earth.
    Charlie Peacock is awesome. It'd be so cool if he worked with Carrie on a couple of more acoustic, folky songs. She'd sound fantastic on that and her voice would really shine through. :-)
    lizcarlo, rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    No one else has recorded Oklahoma Wind yet, so maybe it is being saved for Carrie?? :-D
    mtreasmith likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Probably a fake source but WOAH: Baby News for Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher Baby News for Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher | Cambio

Reply
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Retweets 2
    Favorites 3

4:33 PM - 20 Feb 2014

·





Roger Blair‏@RogerBlair2·Feb 20
    @carrieu_update Ah, I mostly wait till the entertainers come out and make the announce things their selves
    Reply
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Details

Lyd ‏@1__way__ticket·Feb 21
    @carrieu_update they just mentioned on the radio that they are trying now
    Reply
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Details

Carrie Fan‏@carrieu_update·Feb 22. has anyone heard this yet? copied this from twitter, what do you all think?

Concert Stars
    We can only hope!! ^.....That song above with Randy and Carrie.....She must feel so incredibly lucky to have worked with him, and become his friend. I bet his illness really hit her hard. I have wondered if he was able to watch SOM. I really hope so.....

I was saying we can only hope...that Carrie is saving Okla Wind for her self....not that she's having a baby. Then someone posted in between our posts.

That's about the six zillionth pregnancy rumour about Carrie. I think if she were pregnant she wouldn't have been jumping off these rocks last week. ;-)

Instagram

(Don't believe stuff that comes from tabloid "sources".)

Concert Stars
    ^ none of the quotes in that article are from Carrie - just un-named sources. I call rubbish.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Charlie Peacock is awesome. It'd be so cool if he worked with Carrie on a couple of more acoustic, folky songs. She'd sound fantastic on that and her voice would really shine through. :-)
    agree! I love his sound. I would die if Carrie did a few songs like that!

Concert Stars
    I still love that song my Lori McKenna...."Nobody Knows".

Id love for her to work with Charlie Peacock. That's a great idea.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I wonder if Carrie would consider working with a new producer? I know she loves and works well with Mark Bright, but it would be interesting to see what kind of production sound could come out of working with someone different for a change. It could potentially help showcase more of the artistic growth she's shown over the past couple of years.
    I want her to do what she did on her first album where half was produced by Mark Bright and the other half by Dan Huff - except this time other half would be Jay Joyce (Eric Church, Little Big Town) or Byron Gallimore (Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Sugarland).

Nobody Knows, Fly Anyway, That's What the Night is For, That November, and Sugar Rush are some of my favorite demos we've heard over the years and I'd love for songs like those to make it on the next album.
    epicamends, rainbow1 and JB172 like this.

Besides Charlie Peacock, I would like for Carrie to work with T Bone Burnett.

The Civil Wars - Kingdom Come - lyrics - YouTube The Civil Wars Kingdome Come

The Secret Sisters - Tomorrow will be kinder - 22 March 2012 - YouTube Secret Sisters Tomorrow Will Be Kinder

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - "Trampled Rose" - YouTube Alison Krauss and Robert Plant Trampled Rose

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - "Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us" - YouTube Alison Krauss and Robert Plant Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us
    epicamends and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I totally agree. I know that one was a bit more polarizing than Oklahoma Wind, but I absolutely love both and wish she'd have recorded them. I really love the worktape of Leave It To The Rain...that's another one I really hope to get a real recording of one day
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Oh me too. I'd love to hear Carrie sing that!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Lead single:

Carrie needs to keep trying to grow as an artist and songwriter like she did with the BA album. Carrie got good reviews for BA and a lot of respect- despite losing awards. The worst thing she could do was go back to the formula for the lead single. It cannot be another bad boy edgy song as GG and CC were GREAT and smash hits! But you cannot do the same thing over and over again. It should not be a slow ballad or an inspirational song like SS either as they don't sell as much and don't wow people like a lead single should. Plus she did that before.

The lead single has to sell the album and kick it off with a bang. After that- she can release more daring or artistically innovative songs like TBC etc. For this reason I really want something different and powerful for the lead single- like an upbeat catchy happy song that is ear candy to fans and will sell well. In the alternative- a powerful midtempo like Need YouNow that is catchy and will sell well.

Nothing too poppy or over produced though. Maybe a collab or duet with a big star would be the perfect way to kick off the album.

thus- I really want a happy upbeat love song.

For the album:

I loved the direction she started in on BA with Leave Love Alone, Wine After whiskey, cupid, DYTAm, re: a more country roots sound. tBC was an incredible Southern Gothic type song that she should be really proud of- and critics loved it despite no awards. BA of course was bloody brilliant and the big star of the album in every way. Even One Way Ticket was a great innovative leap for Carrie as a songwriter-even if not your cup of tea.

i would like to see Carrie collab with more people: she has no real duets on her cds except with SOS for WCIS- and it was never released sadly. I would love to see her collab with Allison Krauss or Civil Wars in country- and maybe someone like John Legend or Adele or Justin Timberlake outside of country. They all sing great and love country music- which is why I picked them.

Carrie should try writing with Kacey or Sheryl Crow. They are both strong women and great writers with a lot to say. Miranda too. I still want a Miranda duet or cowrite.

overall- I would like her to continue dabbling in rootsy folky songs like LLA and a slightly more country sound. The lead single should be country but needs to be mainstream enough to sell the album. After that- release the best songs and go for it as awards are over anyway. So she may as well take risks on this album since we know it will be snubbed at award shows anyway. Lol

There is a freedom on this album that Carrie never had before: no awards pressure. We know she will be snubbed- and I bet Carrie knows it too. So she should just go for it and take risks- like she did for BA- but even more so. It needs to sell well but that is the lead single's job. Once it hits platinum- sales will slow anyway so she may as well focus on the art more this time and not worry about crossing over or awards.
    I don't always agree with your conspiracy theories, Tee, but I agree with this entire post. You pretty much listed every song that was my favorite from the BA album and left out the ones that I felt were more filler or not moving Carrie in a progressive direction musically. I also wholeheartedly agree with you on the lead single choice. We've had two inspirational leads and two boy-bashing leads. It's time for something different.
    teesharky likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Would someone be so kind and share with me the demo of Nobody Knows??? I'd sure appreciate it!!!! Pretty please???
    maddkat likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    It mentions a "dirt road" a "bonfire" and "Daddy's Silverado" - proves she's always been ahead of her time! Lol

Seriously, though, the fact that Carrie rarely releases "steamy" love songs is probably more a reflection of the record company's desire to identify their artists with particular styles and images. On one of her pre-Nashville albums, Carrie recorded this very mature and very steamy love song. (It's a Maria McKee solo cover - and as some may have seen in a thread I posted about Maria's pioneering Cowpunk band, Lone Justice, it's not hard to see why Carrie was attracted as a teenager to Maria's style)

Actually, it has always been Carrie herself who draws the line at "steamy..." ha ha ha...
    She has made it clear many times, she doesnt like to sing mushy songs or "steamy songs.." as it does not feel comfortable or honest to her. When she sings a song she likes to be albe to directly relate to it, and her feeling about expressing things of such a personal nature is not comfortable for her as a performer.
    We have only seen a handful of "love songs" at all, and for the most part she refuses to sing them in public, ha ha ha....
    Look At Me in particular was one that she said she recorded cause she liked the song itself, but you were never going to hear her sing it cause it is just too mushy.

I think, to me, and to her, steamy and mushy are going to fall in the same catagory.

And as much as that leaves out a great deal of good music, I respect the fact that if she doesn't want to look directly into a camera and profess some great broken hearted love of a lifetime, than she shouldn't.

Her humility doesn't really allow her to do it. She stated that "look at me" embarrassed her to sing. Its that darn christian humility that doesn't really allow her to do it ha ha ha.
    Which is a shame.
    You can sing about killing someone for cheating on you but not of an undying love.

Humility is a funny thing

Concert Stars
    Speaking of demos, I don't know if we ever heard "Kill the Headlights." But I was listening to Hillary Lindsey's "Concrete Heart" again on youtube and found it in the recommended toolbar. Apparently "Kill the Headlights" was picked up by an artist named Ashliegh Lisset who seems to be a big fan of Carrie's and has covered a number of her songs on her youtube channel. So I guess it's fitting that she ended up recording a Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey, and Carrie Underwood co-write.

Apparently this was released August 6th, 2013 and can be found on iTunes. Or maybe you all knew this already.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Would someone be so kind and share with me the demo of Nobody Knows??? I'd sure appreciate it!!!! Pretty please???
    Download link.
    maddkat likes this.

•