Page 11 of 456 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree22923Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Her people are always listening to pitches from other songwriters but I highly doubt Carrie has anything lined up to record yet. I think she was just speaking in general terms.
    I always thought, before watching this interview that the "Evaluation and Selection of Ideas of Songs" will be in AROUND August, 2014 (Studio Sessions Included) since Carrie is starting Co-writing song this January, 2014. But, I was confused when she said that she is going back to studio after Christmas. You MIGHT BE right, though.

Concert Stars
    She usually writes at a studio too right? Those writing sessions with Hilary etc seem to take place at a studio unlike other artists who have a more organic approach and write on tour buses etc.

whatever works for Carrie is fine by me! ( smile)

It just seems like 2014 is going to be even quieter than 2011 was- and that was death like quiet. Lol

CBS announced a Beatles tribute that will air in February and is being pretaped the day after the Grammys. So far Keith Urban, John Mayer, Alicia Keys and John Legend are performing. I really wish Carrie would be included but I bet she will not be at the grammys this year since she was not nominated. Carrie did a nice job on Yesterday at the Emmys but it got so much irrational hate- just like SOM- that perhaps they will not invite her?

Her SOM ratings were so high though that the Grammys and Beatles tribute etc are crazy not to invite her- given her draw for ratings.

odd that carrie got so much hate for that Beatles tribute when she wasn't off key. I don't get it and never will.

I just wish we would get official news if the cd will drop in 2014 or 2015. But last time- they never said a word and we speculated all year thinking it was 2011- when it was May 2012.

For that reason- I am going to try to prepare myself for the worst- a 2015 release- as last time I was truly shocked when we heard 2012 rather than 2011. I guess it is better to prepare for the worst this time. But I really hope we get a Fall 2014 release as I can handle a quiet 2014 if we knew her cd would drop at the end of the year.

But I don't think carrie has started writing yet or we might have heard something on twitter etc.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I agree - the hardest part is the waiting and not ever hearing even what year to expect. Never have understood the need for all the secrecy. I deal with facts much better than the unknown. If the next single isn't going to be out till 2015, say so - let the fans wrap their heads around that instead of the constant speculation!! Us fan will still have plenty to talk about and angst about!!
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    She usually writes at a studio too right? Those writing sessions with Hilary etc seem to take place at a studio unlike other artists who have a more organic approach and write on tour buses etc.

whatever works for Carrie is fine by me! ( smile)

It just seems like 2014 is going to be even quieter than 2011 was- and that was death like quiet. Lol

CBS announced a Beatles tribute that will air in February and is being pretaped the day after the Grammys. So far Keith Urban, John Mayer, Alicia Keys and John Legend are performing. I really wish Carrie would be included but I bet she will not be at the grammys this year since she was not nominated. Carrie did a nice job on Yesterday at the Emmys but it got so much irrational hate- just like SOM- that perhaps they will not invite her?

Her SOM ratings were so high though that the Grammys and Beatles tribute etc are crazy not to invite her- given her draw for ratings.

odd that carrie got so much hate for that Beatles tribute when she wasn't off key. I don't get it and never will.

I just wish we would get official news if the cd will drop in 2014 or 2015. But last time- they never said a word and we speculated all year thinking it was 2011- when it was May 2012.

For that reason- I am going to try to prepare myself for the worst- a 2015 release- as last time I was truly shocked when we heard 2012 rather than 2011. I guess it is better to prepare for the worst this time. But I really hope we get a Fall 2014 release as I can handle a quiet 2014 if we knew her cd would drop at the end of the year.

But I don't think carrie has started writing yet or we might have heard something on twitter etc.

Tee, don't dwell on the hate. Hate is 95% envy and jeolousy. It's like, "I hate her cause she so talented, and beautiful, and sings like a pro, And she's humble about the whole thing". "It's just too much to take". People that hate tend to scream about it. People that love and admire are at peace and know the truth.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    I agree - the hardest part is the waiting and not ever hearing even what year to expect. Never have understood the need for all the secrecy. I deal with facts much better than the unknown. If the next single isn't going to be out till 2015, say so - let the fans wrap their heads around that instead of the constant speculation!! Us fan will still have plenty to talk about and angst about!!

Agree. I deal better with schedules and facts. Lol must be the Virgo in me. Lol i like to know the year of release so we know what to expect. Lol
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Her people are always listening to pitches from other songwriters but I highly doubt Carrie has anything lined up to record yet. I think she was just speaking in general terms.
    I agree. This is what Carrie said:

"After that [SOM], I'm not really sure. I'm going to take a tiny little Christmas break, and then probably be back in the studio, back writing stuff, figuring out my next album".

The gist of the answer seems clear - Carrie is not planning to take a hiatus - she will prepare for a fifth studio album, within the normal career pattern for an active artist

However, I'd be cautious about taking any specifics from the answer. It does seem pretty general, covering pretty well all the things that she would do anyway in that context (and covered by "probably"). I think she was just giving a quick general answer to a question - it's reassuring in terms of her general intention - but I wouldn't take it as giving any sort of timetable for stages.

Carrie Guru
    ^^I hope you guys are WRONG. I CANNOT wait until 2015 for new music from Carrie.

I know a lot of you want her to pursue acting but I don't know what I will do if she ever decides to put music on the backburner. : (

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I agree. This is what Carrie said:

"After that [SOM], I'm not really sure. I'm going to take a tiny little Christmas break, and then probably be back in the studio, back writing stuff, figuring out my next album".

The gist of the answer seems clear - Carrie is not planning to take a hiatus - she will prepare for a fifth studio album, within the normal career pattern for an active artist

However, I'd be cautious about taking any specifics from the answer. It does seem pretty general, covering pretty well all the things that she would do anyway in that context (and covered by "probably"). I think she was just giving a quick general answer to a question - it's reassuring in terms of her general intention - but I wouldn't take it as giving any sort of timetable for stages.
    You make a very good point. She's not giving specifics or a timetable because she simply doesn't know yet. People have a tendency to try to read way too much into things she says. She started her sentence with 'I'm not really sure' and people still tried to derive specifics from what she said. If she were to speculate on a possible timetable( even if she were adamant that it was merely speculation) many people would undoubtedly take it as a commitment and get angry if it didn't come to fruition.
    Last edited by sco; 01-06-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^^ Music is front and center for Carrie, acting would take up too much of her time - I can't wait to hear what the next album will be like -!! Hope it's 2014 release- but she likes to make sure she's got excellent songs so maybe Spring 2015.
    rainbow1 and mtreasmith like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ^^I hope you guys are WRONG. I CANNOT wait until 2015 for new music from Carrie.

I know a lot of you want her to pursue acting but I don't know what I will do if she ever decides to put music on the backburner. : (
    Well, obviously, we can only speculate, because it's her decision - but, for what it's worth, I think the clues suggest that the primary focus of her career is still the same. She's still fulfilling the Opry target of ten appearances (and she's virtually the only current top Mainstream artist to do so - 2013 would have been the "excuse" to cut back on that, if she'd been so minded.) She showed no sign of wanting to end her CMA role (and again, that happened at a busy time). Her social media references are often music related, and even at ice hockey matches, she's sometimes seen with friends from the world of music. She's still referred to herself recently as a Country Girl, and talked about her music role.

I never saw the SOM as being more than an exciting extra for her (not, in my view, ever meant as a career turning point). But even if I'm wrong in that, it wouldn't be likely to push aside her solo recording career (any more than it did for at least the better known ones among this list of people
    Top 10 Country Stars Who Conquered Broadway

Although any actual details may remain vague (remember Carrie's favourite word is "soon"!) - I do believe that the next album is being actively thought of.

Concert Stars
    ^ yes by now they surely scheduled some writing sessions for January etc. Mike is busy with hockey till May/june so now is the perfect time for Carrie to write. I could see her taking off this summer if most of the album is done, so she can be with Mike when he is off.
    mtreasmith likes this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ yes by now they surely scheduled some writing sessions for January etc. Mike is busy with hockey till May/june so now is the perfect time for Carrie to write. I could see her taking off this summer if most of the album is done, so she can be with Mike when he is off.
    I'm quite sure they have some things scheduled, probably writing sessions. The NHL has a two week break in February for the Olympics. If the Preds are really lucky and go deep into the playoffs they will be playing until May or June but that doesn't look terribly likely at this point. She has a couple concerts scheduled During the spring and early summer but you are probably right that she will take some time off while Mike is off. She'll likely spend time writing during the spring.
    teesharky likes this.

I think the timetable will depend on how much control Carrie has versus how much control the label has. If I were the label, I would want the album released in Q4 this year to maximize sales, and also to make sure Carrie isn't off the radar for too long. It's already been several months since SYA peaked - it hit #1 in late August. She has a lot of buzz going for her right now, so from a business perspective the label would want to capitalize on that.

Carrie, however, is much likelier to focus more on the creative side of things than the label is, so if she has her way the album will come out whenever it's creatively ready, which may not be until 2015.
    Claire2004 and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I think the timetable will depend on how much control Carrie has versus how much control the label has. If I were the label, I would want the album released in Q4 this year to maximize sales, and also to make sure Carrie isn't off the radar for too long. It's already been several months since SYA peaked - it hit #1 in late August. She has a lot of buzz going for her right now, so from a business perspective the label would want to capitalize on that.

Carrie, however, is much likelier to focus more on the creative side of things than the label is, so if she has her way the album will come out whenever it's creatively ready, which may not be until 2015.
    Well I hope we don't have to wait until 2015 for new music. Surely, the Label won't have her off the radio for that long.
    teesharky and mtreasmith like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post

no…. i do not want her to pursue acting.. she is not the best actor to be very honest. i want music!!!

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post

Agree with this. Coming off the SOML project,with its phenomenal ratings, Carrie has a lot of buzz right now. I'm sure the label will want to capitalize on that buzz. And of course, my selfish side is rooting for the label to aim for a Q4 release, lol.

Concert Stars
    Agree. From a business perspective- it makes most sense to release the album sooner rather than later to build on her momentum from SOM. Although- by fall 2014 that will be old news.still. Waiting till 2015 is way too long since she only had 4 singles and the album was cut off so soon.

I want a lead single to be released by July/August

New Carrie Fan
    Is September really your estimate? That'd be awesome because September is not far but it is a ballsy estimate.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasHarpertheCarriefan View Post
    Is September really your estimate? That'd be awesome because September is not far but it is a ballsy estimate.
    That's my estimate! Album done by May, single in July, album released in September :-)

•  
    Page 11 of 456 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast