Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: BA Tour 2012 - Boxscores

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    It is odd that she went down by 1,000 seats in Dallas, when that is a huge arena and could easily fit her stage. Odd. Also odd that she did 10,000 in Oklahoma last time, and only 8,000 this time.
    Remember that she may be selling less, but she is making more. In reality, she could have the same ticket prices as the PO tour and would be selling a lot more because its cheaper.
    But as a growing touring artists, she is increasing due to demand and other number stuff I dont know lol
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ I love that she is making more money- don't get me wrong. lol But I am not happy that her ticket sales are going down in several venues.

For smaller venues- I realize now that this was due to her massive stage.

But Dallas is HUGE-- so there is no way she couldn't fit as many as the PO tour.

Concert Stars
    ^ I love that she is making more money- don't get me wrong. lol But I am not happy that her ticket sales are going down in several venues.

For smaller venues- I realize now that this was due to her massive stage.

But Dallas is HUGE-- so there is no way she couldn't fit as many as the PO tour.
    Right, but what i mean is that with raising the ticket prices, they have to limit the number of seats available so it doesnt look like she is not selling out.

97% looks a lot better than 80% and that would have happened with increased prices.

The next tour we will see the opposite I think. Same price(ish) but higher ticket sales.
    This is only her 3rd headlining tour, she is still getting her name out there as a huge touring artist.

Concert Stars
    ^ I don't think the ticket prices are much higher though. It is a negligible amount higher per ticket, so she likely could have sold out more seats- especially in Dallas etc. Oh well. Maybe they were being overly cautious due to the amount of time she took off between albums, etc.
    Last edited by teesharky; 11-07-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Carrie Guru
    ^ I don't think the ticket prices are much higher though. It is a negligible amount higher per ticket, so she likely could have sold out more seats- especially in Dallas etc.
    Carrie is one of the higher priced country artists out there right now. Her lowest priced tickets are over $40 and there are only a limited amount of Price Level 3 tickets made available at each venue, so the majority of people are paying at least $50 to see Carrie. Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley and Miranda Lambert have their lowest priced tickets set at around $25.

But I'm with you, I would have liked to see higher audience numbers. She has increased in some places but decreased in others.

I guess as thunder92 says, we have to keep in mind that it's only her third headlining tour. We often forget that.

Concert Stars
    ^ maybe they had to offset the high production costs. Oh well. It is well worth it!

You will NEVER see this kind of high tech production at a Jason or Miranda show. This is a world class tour.

Carrie Guru
    ^ maybe they had to offset the high production costs. Oh well. It is well worth it!

You will NEVER see this kind of high tech production at a Jason or Miranda show. This is a world class tour.
    YES it is !
    teesharky likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I was at the Dallas show and it was packed

Concert Stars
    ^ I don't think the ticket prices are much higher though. It is a negligible amount higher per ticket, so she likely could have sold out more seats- especially in Dallas etc. Oh well. Maybe they were being overly cautious due to the amount of time she took off between albums, etc.
    Actually the tickets are pretty significantly more expensive. For the PO tour the HIGHEST ticket price was like $62. I think the tickets, on average, are about $20 more this time around...I dunno, that to me seems like a lot. Because It's Carrie, I bought the tickets, obviously. But I would NEVER go see an artist I am just a casual fan of for $80, or even $60, for that matter.

Concert Stars
    I didn't realize they were $20.00 more. Ok that makes sense then.

I didn't really notice a big difference when I bought my tickets, but maybe that is because I was so excited I was like, whatever. Click Buy. lol

Carrie Guru
    The tickets are approx $10.00 more. I include the pricing in my first post with the tour stats.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Carrie also plays in a lot bigger venues than most country artists. Also, Carrie is one of the top country acts around right now and almost has a legacy to her. Carrie's name alone is worth a few dollars so having to pay $60/ticket to see one of the 2000s greatest vocalists and most successful artists is nothing!
    teesharky likes this.

Idk. I'm used to paying like $80 for decent seats at major country star shows. Every time Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, etc., have come here, their prices have been pretty comparable to Carrie's, maybe even a bit higher. Although I think the prices in Canada are always a bit more expensive than the US.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think that her tickets are very reasonably priced.
    Ann055 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I think that her tickets are very reasonably priced.
    The prices and presale date, 11/14, were just announced for Spokane - best seats $63.50 which I thought was very reasonable. Now to get seats in the first 3 rows.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Idk. I'm used to paying like $80 for decent seats at major country star shows. Every time Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, etc., have come here, their prices have been pretty comparable to Carrie's, maybe even a bit higher. Although I think the prices in Canada are always a bit more expensive than the US.
    You're right, Carrie's highest priced ticket is comparable. It's the lowest priced tickets where Carrie is in the high range. My point was that you can get a ticket to other artists for approx. $25 but for Carrie it's in the $40 range. And for this tour the lowest priced tickets are very limited so the majority of people are paying over $50 to see Carrie. Note: I have quoted base ticket price, it doesn't include the extra ticket fees and charges.

Just to give an idea of how tough it is out there for female country stars.... Miranda Lambert/Dierks Bentley/Lee Brice tour ticket prices at most venues are either $25.00-$49.75 or $28.00-$52.75.
    epicamends, Smokyiiis and maddkat like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Out of curiosity I looked to see if any ticket prices were available for TS's Red tour and found, Taylor Swift 'Red' tour tickets $39.50-$99.50 for Ford Field concert | MLive.com

Obsessed Carrie Fan Eder Rodrigues's Avatar

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Eder Rodrigues View Post
    Where do you get this spreadsheet format? I would like to be able to use the same format in the first post of this thread.

So happy to see Atlantic City did so well.

Northeast in general seems to be the toughest market for her.

Great Baltimore #s. 16 mil and counting
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

•  
    Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast