Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD, BELIEVING THAT HE DIED AND ROSE AGAIN?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

7 31.82%
  • NO

5 22.73%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST'S GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

9 40.91%
  • OTHER

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Carrie Follower

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Concert Stars

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

As much as this is great to have people dedicate their lives to God and go to heaven. I don't believe that it should be about whether or not you go to heaven. It should firstly and only be because you want a relationship with Jesus Christ. And the reward is later heaven. If your faith is based on being scared of what your fate is, heaven or hell, then the basis of your faith is wrong. Jesus Christ and a personal loving relationship with him is needed.

Carrie Follower
    I think that you are missing the point. By going to heaven, you will be spending eternity with God. The only way to get there in the first place is to place your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead, which is to have a relationship with Him.

Is it that as long as I don't accept Zombie Jesus as god I will not need to be sent to heaven? Just want to make sure cuz I'd like anything but to spend eternity with YHWH.

Concert Stars
    Imagine theres no heaven!

That statement means that without a Heaven, and of course Hell, people will stop using God as an excuse to hurt and destroy eachother.

Mans cruelty is horrendous enough. But the lie that he does it "for God" or "to get to heaven" is just that much sicker.

Finally; WE ARE NOT BORN SINNERS! There is no such thing as Sin. There is only our behavior. If you believe in the word sin, and a God that made you that way, that is fine. But I do not. I think we are all capable of being beautiful people. And that the concept of sin being introduced early in life confuses children into believing they are good or bad by nature.
    That's simply not true......
    carrieguy2 and AIgrl06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post

That statement means that without a Heaven, and of course Hell, people will stop using God as an excuse to hurt and destroy eachother.

Mans cruelty is horrendous enough. But the lie that he does it "for God" or "to get to heaven" is just that much sicker.

Finally; WE ARE NOT BORN SINNERS! There is no such thing as Sin. There is only our behavior. If you believe in the word sin, and a God that made you that way, that is fine. But I do not. I think we are all capable of being beautiful people. And that the concept of sin being introduced early in life confuses children into believing they are good or bad by nature.
    I think people Some people would use conveniant excuse for being cruel. They would pick another excuse. I hate when peoole use God as a reason to be hateful.
    xfrodobagginsx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I think people Some people would use conveniant excuse for being cruel. They would pick another excuse. I hate when peoole use God as a reason to be hateful.
    God is very, very cruel though. Have you ever read The Bible? And that is only one god, out of the 3000 or so of them.
    maddkat likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    God is very, very cruel though. Have you ever read The Bible? And that is only one god, out of the 3000 or so of them.
    God gave those people thousands of years to repent and they refused to change their hearts and live a godly life. Just like many of today.
    xfrodobagginsx likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    God gave those people thousands of years to repent and they refused to change their hearts and live a godly life. Just like many of today.
    Which God?

The problem is, the guy standing next to you has a different God. And the guy next to him says there is no God at all.
    Which one of you is right and why?
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Which God?

The problem is, the guy standing next to you has a different God. And the guy next to him says there is no God at all.
    Which one of you is right and why?
    God of the Bible. All other religions contradict each other. Including those that preach the Jesus of the Bible.

2 Corinthians 11:4 You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.

Carrie Follower

If you choose to believe that, it's your choice, but according to the Bible there is a heaven, hell and we are all born sinners because our father, Adam sinned. People ARE bad by nature. Did you notice the moral decline in America after God was removed from school? People were happier when America was more Christian. That's why all of the windows and doors are locked now when you look out into a parking lot, unlike 30 years ago, when all of the windows and doors were unlocked in a store parking lot, because they didn't have to fear like they do today.

Concert Stars
    First of all, statistically speaking, our country is safer and more at peace today than ever before. Fear is something the media feeds you cause they know it will get you to watch their news channel. 2nd- you are speaking of your God and a God as if it is "the one God" and you speak if the bible as if it is the truth for all people of the world. But the reality is there are different beliefs of different cultures. America was founded on the principles of "freedom from religious condemnation. And choice in religious freedom". Therefore, America has gotten off course in allowing some people to believe that we are a religious country. We are not supposed to be. We are supposed to be free to practice any religion under any God. As for the Bible. The bible is a book that has many many things in it that we can learn from. But there was no bible in Jesus time, and he never asked anyone to follow a book to get the answers to life. He said to seek a relationship with him. Not worship a book. Besides most of what the first half of the bible says is contradicted by the second half, which is the Jesus half. So what part are we to believe in? Finally, if the bible was written by men who were inspired by God. How why and when did God change from the vengeful God of the jewish old testament to the loving God of Jesus. And which one is the real one? And what about Mormons who have their own book entirely and yet are allowed to be considered Christian? And what of Catholics and prodestents? Which are you? Both are vastly different in fundamental belief and have been killing eachother in the name of God for centuries yet both are Christians.

Concert Stars
    All good questions. Please note, however, that this is how wars start - with a simple question. We must all learn that all people are different. Indeed, a belief of what is "sinful" can differ from one Christian to another, even within the same sect. Populations of people have died because one religion believes that it is the true religion and all others should be subjugated and forced to convert. So let's not fall into that trap. Let's agree where we can and agree to disagree where we can't.
    pklongbeach and carrieguy2 like this.

We are not born a sinner. That requires action on our part. We are born with a sinful nature. A desire.

Christians get there source of authority from the Bible. Not from man's interpretation of the Bible. Jesus never came to planet earth to start a religion, but to have a relationship with men. Religion says you have to be good in order for God to love you. Religion is of man, not God.

Carrie Follower
    I agree.

Carrie Follower
    Plate Techtonics in the bible:

Pr 9:1 ¶ Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

1Sa 2:8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

Ps 75:3 The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.

Continental drift?

Job 9:6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.

Plate Techtonics:

The theory states that Earth's outermost layer, the lithosphere, is broken into 7 large, rigid pieces called plates: the African, North American, South American, Eurasian, Australian, Antarctic, and Pacific plates. Several minor plates also exist, including the Arabian, Nazca, and Philippines plates.

The plates are all moving in different directions and at different speeds (from 2 cm to 10 cm per year--about the speed at which your fingernails grow) in relationship to each other. The plates are moving around like cars in a demolition derby, which means they sometimes crash together, pull apart, or sideswipe each other. The place where the two plates meet is called a plate boundary. Boundaries have different names depending on how the two plates are moving in relationship to each other

crashing: Convergent Boundaries,
    pulling apart: Divergent Boundaries,
    or sideswiping: Transform Boundaries
    With respect to plate boundaries is your home located in the middle of, or near the boundary of a plate? What does this mean for you tectonically?

Carrie Follower
    We are not born a sinner. That requires action on our part. We are born with a sinful nature. A desire.
    Yes, passed on by Adam.

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Christians get there source of authority from the Bible. Not from man's interpretation of the Bible. Jesus never came to planet earth to start a religion, but to have a relationship with men. Religion says you have to be good in order for God to love you. Religion is of man, not God.
    There is a huge difference between religion and theology. Indeed, religion is of man.

As for the comments on "which God" or "one of thousands of gods", according to the Bible, there is one God, three Persons (Trinity). Once one introduces that there are many gods, then the discussion has SHIFTED AWAY from the God of the Bible.

The God is of the Bible is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Some think the God of the Old Testament is mean and cruel, and that God of the New Testament is different. This 'cruelity' in the Old Testament is God's judgment on these extremely sinful people despite given lots of time to change and also having the Israelites in their midst as examples. Some, a few, like Ruth in the Old Testament, chose Yahweh instead of going back to her people.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Yes, passed on by Adam.
    "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--" (Rom. 5:12).

•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast