Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD, BELIEVING THAT HE DIED AND ROSE AGAIN?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

7 31.82%
  • NO

5 22.73%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST'S GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

9 40.91%
  • OTHER

1 4.55%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Carrie Follower
    Story of Angel and Cousin Sarah

Several years ago, My cousin was playing with a lighter in his bedroom. He caught a newspaper or comic book or something on fire and threw it on his bed. There were several people sleeping there. The whole house went up in flames. Everyone got out except for my 3 year old cousin sarah. They had written her off as dead. The whole house was in flames and filled with smoke. An off duty fireman happened to be driving by and saw the smoke. He stopped to help. He looked into the bedroom window and saw her sitting under the window with her hands on her head. He pulled her out and she was burned and has some scars to this day. He asked her how she knew to come over to that window and sit on the ground. She said that the man in the fire told her "Don't be afraid, to go over to the window sit down and put your hands over your head and face". Years later, she recounted her story with me. She said that the man had no face, light shining from it, he was 3 feet tall and dressed in white. He was floating in the corner of the room. My Grandparents were deeply committed Christians. Often times my Grandmother would be up all night, having trouble sleeping, praying for the safety of the family. At the same exact time that the fire was going on, my grandmother was several miles away sleeping in her bed. She heard a voice that told her "There's been a fire, Liz and the kids got out ok". A few minutes later, my Grandfather got the call on the phone "There's been a fire, liz and the kids got out ok" He tried to tell her what they said, but she already knew. The reason that God Spoke to her, I believe, is because it was HER prayer that the Lord was answering. Otherwise, my cousin would have died in the fire.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Dressed in white? 3 feet tall? Dobby?

Carrie Follower
    It was an angel. They can come in any shape or size from my research.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Carrie Follower
    Please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll.

Carrie Follower
    The Lord’s Widsom:

Wisdom is a good thing, but it is a curse to them who indulge, because they who indulge have no wisdom.

You need to live as though you’re being judged.

Concert Stars
    that's a terrible way to live a life........

No compassionate God would ask for that. So is God an egomaniac or compassionate?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The Lord’s Widsom:

Wisdom is a good thing, but it is a curse to them who indulge, because they who indulge have no wisdom.

You need to live as though you’re being judged.
    So what passage supports your post?

This is what Jesus said in John 10:10, "... I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

I don't have to time to go through the context of this whole chapter. So to those interested, do the reading and research for yourself as I don't want to be viewed as someone who pulls out a bible verse to support my stance.

I do not believe you can "preach" on the internet. The person starting the thread may have 1 Peter 3:15 in mind,

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

where the focus is "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have". This is the central verse in apologetics. However, it is so easy to forget the first part which leads the last part of this verse. Revere Christ as Lord in your heart, ..., that means in all aspects of Christ, ..., and the emphasis when giving an answer is with gentleness and respect.

Concert Stars
    Is someone asking me to close this thread?
    gran29 likes this.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    So what passage supports your post?

This is what Jesus said in John 10:10, "... I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

I don't have to time to go through the context of this whole chapter. So to those interested, do the reading and research for yourself as I don't want to be viewed as someone who pulls out a bible verse to support my stance.

I do not believe you can "preach" on the internet. The person starting the thread may have 1 Peter 3:15 in mind,

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

where the focus is "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have". This is the central verse in apologetics. However, it is so easy to forget the first part which leads the last part of this verse. Revere Christ as Lord in your heart, ..., that means in all aspects of Christ, ..., and the emphasis when giving an answer is with gentleness and respect.

Temperate=Moderate

1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

Tit 2:1 ¶ But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: 2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. {sober: or, vigilant}

Concert Stars
    .....and for what purpose......

Carrie Follower
    What do you base your beliefs upon?

Carrie Follower

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by ReedRichards View Post
    Dressed in white? 3 feet tall? Dobby?
    If you can believe that there really are Angels, as this sentence seems to indicate, why is it far fetched to believe that it could be 3 feet tall? Are there people who are 3 feet tall? Why can't angels be 3 feet tall?

Carrie Follower
    Back from a long, much needed vacation.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    What do you mean?

Carrie Follower
    The holiness of God is traumatic to unholy people...R.C. Sproul

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    What do you mean?

Carrie Follower
    Please take the time to read this first post if you haven't yet and vote in the poll.

Carrie Follower
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Carrie Follower
    RIP to a great man, Dr. Noah Hutchings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ELEkMK_AyY

•  
    Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast