• 3 Post By pklongbeach
  • 2 Post By lolita55
  • 1 Post By lolita55
  • 1 Post By lolita55

Thread: Brad Paisley sues sony music.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Brad Paisley sues sony music.

BRAD Paisley isn’t amused.

The country music star has slapped his record label, Sony, with a lawsuit claiming they stole more than $10 million from him.

According to court documents filed on March 31 and obtained by RadarOnline, Paisley believes Sony has “failed to live up to their agreements and other legal obligations,” despite a previous 2011 lawsuit — and the singer thinks the label is trying to rob him blind.

“The primary reason that Paisley is commencing this action is because Sony continuously has refused Paisley access to a variety of information and applied incorrect royalty rates, prices, and reductions, pursuant to the Recording Agreement, resulting in Sony’s significantly underpaying Paisley,” the documents read.

“For many years, Paisely and his advisors have sought to resolve this matter amicably with Sony, but to no avail.”

Brad first sued in 2002 to get access to his royalty information, buy a New York judge partially shot him down stating that he signed a contract with Sony which only allowed him to challenge royalty payments since 2006.

The legal battle was at a stand-still for months until Paisley filed the amended lawsuit in March, claiming Sony owes him upwards of $10 million, given his wide record sales and successful tours.

Paisley, 41, husband of actress Kimberly Williams-Paisley, is suing for breach of contract.

Brad Paisley Sues Sony, Claims They Stole $10 Million From Him!

Concert Stars
    I guess I am just surprised that Brad would not own a hard copy of the contract he signed. But I don't think it works that way, sadly.

Any who think Carries best intersts lie in Sonys solid work ethic, pay attention.............

Artists, unfortunately, have to work very hard to make sure that their contracts are being upheld.
    Music labels are like Insurance Companies. They love you while you are making them money, but when they have to shell out for you?? Good Luck getting anything from them. EVEN WHEN ITS YOUR MONEY !!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I guess I am just surprised that Brad would not own a hard copy of the contract he signed. But I don't think it works that way, sadly.

Any who think Carries best intersts lie in Sonys solid work ethic, pay attention.............

Artists, unfortunately, have to work very hard to make sure that their contracts are being upheld.
    Music labels are like Insurance Companies. They love you while you are making them money, but when they have to shell out for you?? Good Luck getting anything from them. EVEN WHEN ITS YOUR MONEY !!
    I know... record labels will kick you to the curb when you are no longer making the money you once were.. Yes Brad is not selling what he used to. Then again most artists are not.. Brad has never been a huge album seller though. His most successful album only went 2x platinum.. Actually there were two that did that, and those two were Mud on the tires that was released in 2003, and Time well wasted that was released in 2005... The other ones have gone Platinum or Gold. Expect for his latest CD Wheelhouse.. which has not be certified yet.. Brad makes a lot touring, I have always heard that is where he makes his bread and butter so to speak.. I am glad that he has a good team around him, and that he is obviously business savvy, and that he will fight for what he is owed...

Concert Stars
    The real issue is with what Brad is owed for past sales. It does not matter what he is making now. His beef is that he feels he is not getting what he is under contract to recieve.
    And the label refusing to even show him the contract to determine it, seems very shady. And very typical of companies like that.

Its like, "if you think we are cheating you....prove it" but it's the very company themselves that hold the proof!
    Their refusal to even sit down with one of their biggest names to discuss it, says alot to me.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    The real issue is with what Brad is owed for past sales. It does not matter what he is making now. His beef is that he feels he is not getting what he is under contract to recieve.
    And the label refusing to even show him the contract to determine it, seems very shady. And very typical of companies like that.

Its like, "if you think we are cheating you....prove it" but it's the very company themselves that hold the proof!
    Their refusal to even sit down with one of their biggest names to discuss it, says alot to me.
    Yep, that is sad, Brad has made a lot of money for them, and now they want to cheat him out of what he is rightfully owed.. I feel sorry for him, but Sony just cares about the bottom line, and how much they are making... It looks really bad, and shady on their part, that they will not sit down and resolve this matter.. This is going to shine the spotlight on sony.. I wonder how many other artists will come out and now sue as well.. I will make a prediction that when his contract with sony comes up, he will not renew, or they will not renew it..

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    More semantics between whoever the artist is and whatever the label might be, artist will say that they deserve this and that and the label will say that this and that isn't what the artist thinks it is and the truth always lies somewhere in the middle.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    More semantics between whoever the artist is and whatever the label might be, artist will say that they deserve this and that and the label will say that this and that isn't what the artist thinks it is and the truth always lies somewhere in the middle.
    That is usually the case with most things... It would help if they record label would let his team look at all of the paperwork though..... This will probably end in a out of court settlement..
    pklongbeach and JB172 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    That is usually the case with most things... It would help if they record label would let his team look at all of the paperwork though..... This will probably end in a out of court settlement..
    I can't believe his people didn't have the full contract in writing, I agree that it will likely get settled out of court.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I can't believe his people didn't have the full contract in writing, I agree that it will likely get settled out of court.
    It looks like this is more on the record label than him, it seems like he has been trying to resolve this matter for sometime now.. I hope it is settled, and this is a warning to all artist. Make sure you know what you sign, and that you do not get robbed by your record label..
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    no matter how it is resolved at this point it reflects poorly on sony for not respectfully sitting down with the artist to try to reolve the issue.
    You are right to say this has been going on for "years"!!

Why, unless they are concerned about their own dealings, would sony not sit down to a respectable meeting and present all the information?

Brad has literally had to "fight them". That is not cool.
    Even if it is resolved out of court, still completely uncool on the part of sony, who is nameless and faceless, but Brad, who everbody knows, has a lot to lose in his reputation.

Just not cool of sony at all.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    no matter how it is resolved at this point it reflects poorly on sony for not respectfully sitting down with the artist to try to reolve the issue.
    You are right to say this has been going on for "years"!!

Why, unless they are concerned about their own dealings, would sony not sit down to a respectable meeting and present all the information?

Brad has literally had to "fight them". That is not cool.
    Even if it is resolved out of court, still completely uncool on the part of sony, who is nameless and faceless, but Brad, who everbody knows, has a lot to lose in his reputation.

Just not cool of sony at all.
    Agree!!!! When it comes down to it, it is Sony's fault.. They just showed how much they DO NOT respect their artist at all..
    pklongbeach likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    It looks like this is more on the record label than him, it seems like he has been trying to resolve this matter for sometime now.. I hope it is settled, and this is a warning to all artist. Make sure you know what you sign, and that you do not get robbed by your record label..
    He has the least amount of blame in this mess, his lawyers would have the higher share of blame in the Paisley slice of the blame pie.

Concert Stars
    true that to.

Things should not be allowed to get this far.

But in fairness, he has been fighting them for years, just to show him proof.

Stilll not cool.

That's sucks for Brad. I hope they don't treat Carrie and Miranda like this.

Concert Stars
    Why wouldn't they?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    That's sucks for Brad. I hope they don't treat Carrie and Miranda like this.
    I think the would treat them the same in a heartbeat.. Brad has made them a lot of money, and they still treat him like this... They will probably at some point do this to Carrie and Miranda.. If they are alread not...

Concert Stars
    IF your money is in a bank that finds ways of charging you fees and hiding them in the ddep small print, than you are losing money to that company.

Fair no longer plays a role. Legal or illegal is the only words in the world of business.

IF you have cancer in two places and the drs must treat one first in order to save your life, your insurance company can refuse to pay based on the premise that "you are not addressing the other issue that is putting your life at rist therefore, we won't pay since you are not addressing that other cancer.
    ITs a horrible catch22 that is very common in almost every case of advanced cancer.
    And this after years of giving them all your money!!

In the same way, if Carries people or mirandas people are not diligent, of course the same thing can happen to them.

•