Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Clare Rose
  • 1 Post By Clare Rose

Thread: Any songwriters here?

Any songwriters here?

Soo, I know we all love music otherwise we wouldn't be here. But, is there anybody else here who writes songs? I enjoy writing songs because sometimes it seems I can't find a song to describe how I'm feeling or an image in my head, so I write my own. I'd love to see other songwriters here, and we could share ideas and lyrics

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I would like to see someone write lyrics about my loved ones - Idol Carrie Underwood and Idol Danielle Bradbery.
    Both are the greatest inspiration to my life, therefore, I love writing about my Idols and how great they are

Concert Stars
    I have writen songs my whole life. Words&Music. Its always hard to call myself a songwriter, for I feel I would need some material published and having some level of success in order to call myself that. But it is not really true. If you are focused on the art and persuing it, and "doing" it, than you are a songwriter.

I write alot of music for my chuch that I am musical director of.
    So most of what I write now is religous. Contemporary Christian.
    When I was younger I wrote alot of alternative pop electronica. aka Depeche Mode OMD stuff like that......

D you write the music for your lyrics as well??

I agree that you don't have to have work published to be a songwriter; because we all have to start somewhere, right? and we are no less or more an artist than anyone else.
    Well, I play guitar and come up with chord progressions for my songs too.
    I do write Christian music too! I never seem to write with one specific genre in mind though; I would usually say I write rock songs because I feel that is the most fitting term. I's feel weird singing country, being from England and all.

And, writing music about those who inspire you is a good thing. If you use your idols as inspiration, bt stay true to yourself, you can create great music! <3
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Agreed. I think it is actually real impotant "not" to find yourself writing to a specific style or genre.
    I feel like it is more honest and telling early on if you just allow your imagination to be the creator. Then the music starts to be tinged with and influenced by certain things you take from other places, but it is still your very own.

I think as soon as you try to fit something to a style it starts to stiffle itself a bit.
    But honestly, those who are great writers are able to write in styles and make it sound very authentic and there is definately something to be said for that as well.

Keep writing, your voice grows and your unique style developes with repetition.

I am a journalist, story writer and screenwriter, but I've always had a difficult time writing songs. I want to start getting more into that, maybe just starting with poems because words come much easier to me than melodies. As I continue to work on learning to play the guitar, maybe melodies and sound will become easier to play around with.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare Rose View Post
    I agree that you don't have to have work published to be a songwriter; because we all have to start somewhere, right? and we are no less or more an artist than anyone else.
    Well, I play guitar and come up with chord progressions for my songs too.
    I do write Christian music too! I never seem to write with one specific genre in mind though; I would usually say I write rock songs because I feel that is the most fitting term. I's feel weird singing country, being from England and all.

And, writing music about those who inspire you is a good thing. If you use your idols as inspiration, bt stay true to yourself, you can create great music! <3
    Your opinion is so good. Thank you. I appreciate it

Sorry for taking so long to reply ya'll, been going through some tough times. But I feel better now
    pklongbeach: Yes, I agree so much that your music starts to be influenced by certain genres, etc, but will always be 'your' music if you try and make it yours and not try to conform to one particular style. There is an exception to every rule though
    epicamends: Yes, it can be quite hard to make melodies at first, but you will progress and grow! A lot of my early songs started as poems, then, years later even, I came back to them, seen how much my writing has progressed and was more capable of making melodies fit with the lyrics. Playing guitar will definitely help, as you can make chord progressions and as you develop more skills at writing to fit a melody or beat, compose the music to go with it!
    IdolCarrieAlwaysShines: Thank you! I am glad to help someone.
    epicamends likes this.

•