Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Carrie rocks and we roll

Concert Stars

Carrie rocks and we roll

****RUSSERDAMUS SAYS GOODBYE****

A little insight into what is going on in business in general right now... Because of the high cost of gas I've had to pull a couple of routes of the road.. I've combined areas to save on gas and production costs... Sadly I've had to let some really good people go...It breaks my Heart and I'm sure it's influanced my posts the last couple of days.... So I apologize to the board for that...Radio is a business also with bottom lines to meet... There losing listeners in Drive time because of the economy so who can blame them for trying to make up the difference by taking money by other means... Don't worry though OUR GIRL will come out of all this standing on her feet... I still think this great fan site is no place to make Personal stands that are offensive to some people... I notice that this person is supported by Many people on this forum...So instead of making a bigger issue out of it and giving this person the attention they are seeking I will cease coming to this forum... Im about to make another try to Qualify for the Open so I'm gonna put all my focus and energy into that.... KEEP THE FAITH FOLKS!!!

Carrie Guru
    Sorry to hear about your business going through some rough times. I haven't seen you post anything you need to apologize for. I'm definitely gonna miss you around here Russ. I'm crossing my fingers for you and wishing you all the best at the Open.

Concert Stars
    I will miss you too! You are always a breath of fresh air so good luck and I wish you the best!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    We will miss you, Russ. Best of luck with your business and qualifying for the Open.

It's unfortunate that you are so upset by one poster's opinions and choice of siggy that you are going to let it have an effect on your posting here. This could have been resolved by choosing to click the ignore button on this particular poster. Everyone here is from different backgrounds and has different views on things. No one person is right and no one person is wrong. It's sad that you don't feel you could work through this issue, and continue to support Carrie here at CF.
    I've had disagreements with a few posters here, but if everyone just moves on from it, things resolve themselves.

I hope after some time you will decide to rejoin us.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Hey russ, I wish you would reconsider. I like your posts and the information you bring here. Sorry about your business and I sincerely hope things work out for you to the good. My Dad has been helping people with no insurance for the past 2 years by discounting office visits, etc. and not charging some. My family has been blessed though so we can help people out in times like this. GOOD LUCK on getting into the OPEN. My Dad, brother and I love golf--but we are not GREAT golfers. We have a lot of fun and it is a great way to spend quality time together.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Hi Russ, I actually have no idea what you are talking about with a poster. I too wish you would reconsider. As for golf I am a "fair the weather" terrible golfer, but I come from a family of golfers so have been around the sport my whole life...and that's a long time!!!!! Haha

PS I am so sorry if business has been bad, the environment doesn't bode well for business currently. Again, if you need to take a break from here please do so...

Concert Stars
    Well, this is sad, and shocking. We will miss you Russ! Wish you wouln't leave, you made me laugh.... but as supercarriefan said, all it takes is to click the ignore button....but that is up to you.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Good luck with your business I know times are tough. I hope you come back in the future because your posts are very entertaining!

Concert Stars
    Meg said everything I wanted to say. Russ, I wish you would stay. Who'll fangirl (fanboy in your case) about Dio, Pink Floyd, UFO, and Queensr˙che with me?

Concert Stars
    Russerdamus-- please dont go! We lOve you here!

I disagree with that dixie chics tshirt too even though i love their music. I hate natalies tertible attitude and big mouth. But i love their music so i am torn. L

Dont let the dixie chicks scare you off cuz then they win!!

Concert Stars
    Russ, Russ Russ, you are a pillar here. More than that, you are a pillar for me.
    I have considered giving up here many times that I got met with attitudes and oppinions that did not fit with me. And your advice was always supportive, objective, caring, and ultimately wise. "Focus on why we are here".
    I support your desission cause I don't believe anyone should spend time on anything that does not serve them or allow them to serve.
    But I will miss you. I feel like you are a big brother to me. I don't even know if you are older or younger, just wiser!
    I will be searching for you and your enthusiam. I hope I find it again.
    Much Respect, Paddy!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    WHAT!!!! your leaving us again first Lori now you? All the best warriors from the old days are leaving I may as well to. It's already not as much fun anymore as it used to be. We need your updates bud stay with us? Don't let anybody run you off this site. This whole thing is just not as much fun as it was this totally saddens me to see this post seriously!!!

If Russ says goodbye I say goodbye. That's how that goes. I'm not doing this anymore!!!!

Concert Stars

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm sorry to see you've decided to leave after so many years of contribution here, Russ. As you well know, we've also had times when we were on opposite ends BUT we worked through it! There will always be times when we strongly disagree with other posters and may be on the unpopular end of the side but that doesn't mean your own opinion doesn't mean anything. You have and still are contributing so much to this sight through your insights and positive encouragement. Please don't let this disagreement deter you from why you are here on this forum. Plus, as the pic obviously doesn't sit well with you, you can always block out what's offensive to you so that it won't bother you. There's really no need to go if your reason is based on that.

You are a valuable asset to this forum so I'm sad to see you go on such a note. I hope you see these posts.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Country View Post
    If Russ says goodbye I say goodbye. That's how that goes. I'm not doing this anymore!!!!
    Please don't go too! I have been reading this forum longer than I have been posting and you are a valuable asset to this forum! I already miss Russ, I don't want to miss you too

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Russerdamus-- please dont go! We lOve you here!

I disagree with that dixie chics tshirt too even though i love their music. I hate natalies tertible attitude and big mouth. But i love their music so i am torn. L

Dont let the dixie chicks scare you off cuz then they win!!

What does the Chicks have to do with this Tee? What they said about Bush was years ago he's no longer president. Natalie was right. Time for the haters to let that go because I've seen the very same people who claimed to be fans but turned on them say way worse about Obama than Natalie said about GW!!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Country View Post
    What does the Chicks have to do with this Tee? What they said about Bush was years ago he's no longer president. Natalie was right. Time for the haters to let that go because I've seen the very same people who claimed to be fans but turned on them say way worse about Obama than Natalie said about GW!!!!
    Russ is leaving partially because one of the users on this site is using a picture of Natalie Maines sporting an "FUTK" shirt as his avatar and signature. Russ asked the user to take it down because Toby Keith has done a lot for this country, but the user said that though Toby Keith has done a lot for this country, he disagreed with what Toby did to the Dixie Chicks, so he kept the avatar and signature to support the Chicks. Everyone seems very divided on this issue. Russ was thanked 7 times for his post, and the other user was thanked pretty much an equal amount of times, so it's a stalemate. Some of us have suggested Russ and any other user offended by the signature could just use the "ignore" function.

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Russ is leaving partially because one of the users on this site is using a picture of Natalie Maines sporting an "FUTK" shirt as his avatar and signature. Russ asked the user to take it down because Toby Keith has done a lot for this country, but the user said that though Toby Keith has done a lot for this country, he disagreed with what Toby did to the Dixie Chicks, so he kept the avatar and signature to support the Chicks. Everyone seems very divided on this issue. Russ was thanked 7 times for his post, and the other user was thanked pretty much an equal amount of times, so it's a stalemate. Some of us have suggested Russ and any other user offended by the signature could just use the "ignore" function.

Although I agree with Natalie! Another persons profile pic here is no reason to leave! We need to concentrate on supporting our sweet Carrie. Russ of all people should know better than that!!!!

Concert Stars
    Haha I agree with Natalie, too, but that's beside the point. I don't think anyone should have to be forced to do anything. Russ and this user can coexist simply by utilizing the "ignore" function. That way, nobody loses. Seems simple to me.

In life, you're faced with differing opinions. Sometimes you just gotta compromise.

•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast