Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: anyone else?

  1. #1
    Obsessed Carrie Fan john1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Posts
    1,310
    Concert Stars

    anyone else?

    for the last 2 or 3 days when i check carriefans my popup blocker comes up and says a popup was blocked.. but after that comes up i get taken to another site.. is it something with my computer or this site? has this been happening to anyone else? and sorry if this is in the wrong place

  • #2
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,256
    Same for me too. So I close the pop up and click back and try again and no pop up again.

  • #3
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    It may be a nuisance virus. Clear cookies and run your virus scan but not connected to the internet.
    BTW, I sometimes get a pop up from a streaming site that creates a new page but I close it and the original page still exists.

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    I've been having the same problem for the last week or so. When I click on certain threads, I get re-directed to a random blog. Once I click the back arrow, things are fine.

  • #5
    Obsessed Carrie Fan john1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Posts
    1,310
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    It may be a nuisance virus. Clear cookies and run your virus scan but not connected to the internet.
    BTW, I sometimes get a pop up from a streaming site that creates a new page but I close it and the original page still exists.
    i did and it said i had 3 tracking cookies.. low risk ones but maybe that's why it was happening..

    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I've been having the same problem for the last week or so. When I click on certain threads, I get re-directed to a random blog. Once I click the back arrow, things are fine.
    yeah same here.. it takes me right back to carrie fans once i click the back arrow. i just thought there was something wrong with my computer so i was a little worried i had a virus or something..but i guess if it's happening to others it can't be

  • #6
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    Actualy it sounds like an ad problem. Is your mouse (mice) over an ad?

  • #7
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,557
    I'm having the same problem too. I cleared my cookies also.

  • #8
    Obsessed Carrie Fan john1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Posts
    1,310
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Actualy it sounds like an ad problem. Is your mouse (mice) over an ad?
    i don't think it was.. because for me it would do it twice in a row and the second time it happened my mouse would have been on the arrow to come back to carriefans.. it hasn't happened since i did my virus scan with the internet off.. (knock on wood) so i really don't know


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •