Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars

January Tornados

Don't know if anyone will reply to this thread, but this can be for anyone to discuss the freaky weather thats about to occur/is occuring right now. And for the people who will prob be up all night by these storms...
    Becca

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Ugh, I know. I usually don't have to worry about this kind of weather until March. I have an NOAA weather radio on my night stand. Sounds like a good time to make sure the batteries are working before I go to bed. I've already told my hubby not to argue with me if I wake him up in the middle of the night and ask him to go to the basement. We have a bedroom in the basement and a tv, so it's not like we can't sleep there. I'm in Central KY, just north of Lexington, so I'm really hoping we don't get anything too bad. And I'm hoping that I don't have to drive in it to work in the morning. I am pretty scared of storms, but especially at night and when I have to be on the road.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Ugh, I know. I usually don't have to worry about this kind of weather until March. I have an NOAA weather radio on my night stand. Sounds like a good time to make sure the batteries are working before I go to bed. I've already told my hubby not to argue with me if I wake him up in the middle of the night and ask him to go to the basement. We have a bedroom in the basement and a tv, so it's not like we can't sleep there. I'm in Central KY, just north of Lexington, so I'm really hoping we don't get anything too bad. And I'm hoping that I don't have to drive in it to work in the morning. I am pretty scared of storms, but especially at night and when I have to be on the road.
    I'm not in Louisville right now, im in college, but they must be furious considering they got slammed by tornadoes on tuesday. Its making me nervous that its gonna be during the night so I wont know what going on. it really need to get sleep bc I have an exam tomorrow.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Btw, ON ON BIG BLUE NATION. BACK TO NUMBER ONE!
    Becca

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    All of you that are in the path of these storms, please be safe. I will keep you in my prayers.
    I hope you don't get the storms too badly, Stacey. You are smart to be prepared.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    All of you that are in the path of these storms, please be safe. I will keep you in my prayers.
    I hope you don't get the storms too badly, Stacey. You are smart to be prepared.
    thank you i'm def nervous.
    Becca

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It's been a weird winter. Here in NW Ohio we've gotten MAYBE 10 inches of snow so far this year. Usually by now we've gotten at least 1 STORM with 10 inches. We've also had about as many days with the temp below freezing as we normally have days with the temps in the single digits. Been a very warm winter.

Everyone stay safe.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    I'm not in Louisville right now, im in college, but they must be furious considering they got slammed by tornadoes on tuesday. Its making me nervous that its gonna be during the night so I wont know what going on. it really need to get sleep bc I have an exam tomorrow.
    Becca
    Stay safe tonight Becca. Do you go to college in KY? I was home sick on Tuesday and we had lots of rain and wind. I live in Scott County and there was a confirmed tornado somewhere here on Tuesday and we didn't even have a watch or a warning for a tornado, just a severe thunderstorm watch. I heard that Louisville got hit in the St. Matthews area. Try to get some sleep. If your college is like mine, the RAs would pound on our doors and herd us all to the basement if we had tornado warnings, but you may not be in a dorm. You should sign up for weather alerts on your phone somehow.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Btw, ON ON BIG BLUE NATION. BACK TO NUMBER ONE!
    Becca
    I'm torn about this! I feel like it's too early for us to be #1 and we'll just get knocked back down again. But as long as we are undefeated come March/April, that is all that matters!
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    It's been a weird winter. Here in NW Ohio we've gotten MAYBE 10 inches of snow so far this year. Usually by now we've gotten at least 1 STORM with 10 inches. We've also had about as many days with the temp below freezing as we normally have days with the temps in the single digits. Been a very warm winter.

Everyone stay safe.
    Yeah, the warmer weather is nice, but it's not normal, so I'm ready for cold and snow. I remember when we had some tornado outbreaks in February a few years ago, but I can't believe that we are getting this kind of weather in January.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    We are under a tornado watch here in Memphis as a storm front approaches. Please stay safe everyone!

Concert Stars
    Yeah, the warmer weather is nice, but it's not normal, so I'm ready for cold and snow. I remember when we had some tornado outbreaks in February a few years ago, but I can't believe that we are getting this kind of weather in January.
    Hell they were even talking thunderstorms for us tonight....I don't think we're actually going to get them, but they were in the forecast. That never happens. Low tonight 36, high tomorrow 47....it's like it's late February/early March already.

I've gotta have my snow. And it's WAY too early for anyone who normally gets any significant snowfall to actually be worried about tornados.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    We are under a tornado watch here in Memphis as a storm front approaches. Please stay safe everyone!
    Stay safe and keep aware of the weather tonight!
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Thanks Kizmet. I am glued to the weather updates. I have them loaded on my iPhone also. There is something to be said about the safety of basements during dangerous weather. Wish we had one!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^Yeah, that was my #1 thing when we built our house - I had to have a basement. And I'm glad that we moved my stepson's bedroom down there so now we have somewhere to sleep when he's not here and it's storming.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    I'm torn about this! I feel like it's too early for us to be #1 and we'll just get knocked back down again. But as long as we are undefeated come March/April, that is all that matters!
    don't worry, Vanderbilt, miss st, or florida will put us in our place... or all three haha... I'm fine with us losing a few more times tho. theyre so young, they need the learning experience. and no, I left Kentucky for college. My sister goes to UK tho.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    don't worry, Vanderbilt, miss st, or florida will put us in our place... or all three haha... I'm fine with us losing a few more times tho. theyre so young, they need the learning experience. and no, I left Kentucky for college. My sister goes to UK tho.
    Becca
    I know conference games are a whole different beast, but the few times I've watched Florida this year they just weren't good at all. Ohio State ran all over em, Rutgers beat em. If Kentucky shows up to play they shouldn't lose to them....but it's a conference game so anything can and usually does happen.

Concert Stars
    As I sit here today, grateful that we were spared by the tornadic activity last night, my heart goes out to all those who were affected, such as Alabama residents. They are definitely in my thoughts and prayers, as are any others that were affected. Please keep all victims of the severe weather moving through the US in your thoughts and prayers also. Thanks.

So sorry for all those affected in Alabama and whoever else got hit last night. Am glad everyone posting so far is ok...was thinking about you all and praying last night. There were definitely alot of tweets around Nashville last night and it didn't sound real good until Jimmy Carter went to bed because he was tweeting alot until the weather got better and said he'd be back if it started again. Hope the weather has settled down for everyone today!!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I saw a picture from Alabama. Sorry for them.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast