Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Help - IP address blocked??

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Help - IP address blocked??

I haven't been able to access this site since yesterday morning.People I have spoken to told me it was up and running so I knew it was me. This morning I tried using a proxy to access and voila I'm on.

It appears my IP address has been blocked by carriefans.Anyone know why that would be?
    And how I can change that?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cuz you've been a bad boy!

Jk, I guess it's some mistake, assuming you have no reason to believe the mods would block you. There have been some trolls who were blocked recently. Maybe you were accidentally thrown in with them?

MODS!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ girl
    and I can't think of anything I might have done,I'm pretty docile
    hope the mods can help

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Oops :3

I'm sure it'll be resolved pretty soon

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am having the same problem as Maddkat is.

Carrie Guru
    The system shouldn't be blocking IPs. I wish I could help but if it's a technical thing Jeff would probably be the one to help you out. I don't know if Cassie or Cary can help.

Concert Stars
    The mods told me IPs couldn't be blocked....

Concert Stars
    A few weeks ago, that happened to me when trying to visit another site for a few days. Sometimes it is the administrator of the site, and sometimes it could be your service provider. I'm not really sure who is responsible (all I know is I returned to normal). In the meantime, try going to a site that blocks IP addresses and see if that works. I used ANYPE.COM - anonymous web surfing

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    sorry to see someone else has my problem.
    Still no solutions or reasons why? Please, the proxy is too slow to deal with.

opry051008
    The system shouldn't be blocking IPs. I wish I could help but if it's a technical thing Jeff would probably be the one to help you out. I don't know if Cassie or Cary can help.
    Well I tried everything to get back on and blocking my IP is the only thing to work ....
    Hope Jeff ,Cassie or Cary chime in about whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by mlawlor View Post
    A few weeks ago, that happened to me when trying to visit another site for a few days. Sometimes it is the administrator of the site, and sometimes it could be your service provider. I'm not really sure who is responsible (all I know is I returned to normal). In the meantime, try going to a site that blocks IP addresses and see if that works. I used ANYPE.COM - anonymous web surfing
    that's how I'm on now with a site that blocks addresses.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Donna, is this the only site that you're having an issue with? You maybe already tried this but did you try clearing your cookies and then rebooting your computer? Have you tried accessing the site with a different browser?

just another fan

nope, didn't ban you.

are you having this problem only with this site? how about changing browser?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is the only site that I can\'t access.

Concert Stars
    I'd try with a different browser. Like, if you're using IE, try using firefox.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DaisyTweets
    Donna, is this the only site that you're having an issue with? You maybe already tried this but did you try clearing your cookies and then rebooting your computer? Have you tried accessing the site with a different browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    nope, didn't ban you.

are you having this problem only with this site? how about changing browser?
    This is the only site I can't access. I've tried everything - 4 different browsers, clearing cache/cookies,renaming hosts file, flushing DNS nothing works except using the proxy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Donna, do you know if there were any recent updates to your anti virus software?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    At first, I wondered if your Internet Service Provider might be blocking the site (possibly because of earlier rumours that there was some kind of malware hosted by one of the advertisers). But if they allow the proxy service to access the site, I don't see how that would apply.

I'm afraid I'm stumped

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Donna, do you know if there were any recent updates to your anti virus software?
    thought of that so I disabled my AV and tried, no dice
    very frustrating

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    thought of that so I disabled my AV and tried, no dice
    very frustrating
    Wow this is perplexing. Have you scanned your computer for malware? I use Malwarebytes and scan my computer at least once a week just in case!!! Just for kicks I'm wondering if you'd have the same problem accessing the Kellie Pickler site? Since that one is also from James, I'd think he would use the same platform. Or do you know of some other site on the same message board platform that you could try accessing to see if you have the same issue.

Do you get some kind of message? Or does it just do nothing? Don't you just love computers!!!!

Last edited by DaisyTweets; 06-21-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    cole likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    What happens when you try to access the site? Do you get some kind of "DNS look-up", "page not found" error messsage, or does the browser not move at all and just remain on the previous page you were looking at?

(Sorry, that's the same thing DaisyTweets just asked

If you haven't already, a couple of things you could try might be bypassing the front page, and seeing if you can connect with a specific page on the site, such as
    http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...ml#post4331692 (Carrie's UK Visit Official Thread):

Or trying from an outside link, e.g. this site is indexed on Google - what happens if you click on a Google link?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DaisyTweets

Wow this is perplexing. Have you scanned your computer for malware? I use Malwarebytes and scan my computer at least once a week just in case!!! Just for kicks I'm wondering if you'd have the same problem accessing the Kellie Pickler site? Since that one is also from James, I'd think he would use the same platform. Or do you know of some other site on the same message board platform that you could try accessing to see if you have the same issue.
    Do you get some kind of message? Or does it just do nothing? Don't you just love computers!!!!
    It is perplexing.AAnd yes love my p0c except at times like this.
    I tried kelliefans - no problems,ran malwarebytes and spybot s&d.Still nothing works.
    Getting ready for a screaming fit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    What happens when you try to access the site? Do you get some kind of "DNS look-up", "page not found" error messsage, or does the browser not move at all and just remain on the previous page you were looking at?

(Sorry, that's the same thing DaisyTweets just asked

If you haven't already, a couple of things you could try might be bypassing the front page, and seeing if you can connect with a specific page on the site, such as
    http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...ml#post4331692 (Carrie's UK Visit Official Thread):

Or trying from an outside link, e.g. this site is indexed on Google - what happens if you click on a Google link?
    It tries to load then I get this
    "The connection was reset
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

I have tried loading another page from google, no go

Thanks for trying to help guys.
    Keep coming up with suggestions, I need all the help I can get.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast