Concert Stars

Anyone Else Notice

I don't know exactly where to put this, but has anyone else noticed how much this site has slowed down lately. It has become almost unusable on my Iphone....

Concert Stars
    I may be confused about what you mean by "slow". It may be your device.

Concert Stars
    But I will tell you this, my computer does not like the popups and adds that have video attached. It really boggs things down.
    I think we have discussed having this site where we pay a fee to avoid adds.
    Maybe we should discuss that again.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Too much flash content I think. I've noticed some sites that have more load slower. It all gets written to the ram and if its all being used up, there will be problems. They say more ram helps for a faster computer depending how it's setup.

Concert Stars
    Ron if you want a much faster IPhone experience.... Get the Opera Mini IPhone app and go to settings on the app and put it on (single column view) Then you can view CARRIEFANS as it was meant to be seen on a mobile devise... And it is super fast... That's the only way I can post while I'm waiting between holes... Try it you'll like it my friend!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I may be confused about what you mean by "slow". It may be your device.

Slow as in not fast...

And it happens on almost all the devises I try, whether it is my home or work computer or the Iphone. Perhaps they recognize me as not to smart & slow things down for me so I don't get lost..

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Every time I click on a new thread it goes super slow, and sometimes I have to hit refresh. Not sure why though.

Concert Stars
    I've noticed it also. It is worse on my husband's PC, to the point of bogging it down so much that it freezes and I have to restart.

It's slower on my Mac and iPhone, but not to the extent as on the PC.

Concert Stars
    I use Tapatalk on my Iphone, and haven't had any problems posting or changing threads. It is slower on my Pc, when I change threads.

Concert Stars
    i thought it was only me! it has been super slow for me over this last 2-3 weeks...........today it kept telling me the server was busy

New Carrie Fan
    Servers tend to slow down with increased traffic, and if ad banners are being posted that utilize flash plug-ins this would also cause things to slow. It would be up to those that manage the forum and website to fix up the content and make sure that there is not a lot of unnecessary posts bogging down the way the site functions. As far as the traffic goes, well we are all just fans trying to express ourselves so we just have to be patient and deal with it when that happens.

•