Concert Stars

Leonard Nimoy, Actor, Director, and 'Star Trek' Icon, Dies at 83

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/l...171803235.html

Very talented man.

RIP Mr. Nimoy

Live Long and Prosper.
    bluetb4 likes this.

Concert Stars
    That was one Vulcan that knew what love was! Bless the wife and family.....

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I feel like Kirk did at the end of Khan

RIP Leonard Nimoy
    #LiveLongandProsper

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Really wow I seen him the new Star Trek movies and it doesn't look like he had health problems. He will be missed

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Awww, I hated hearing this. I loved Mr. Spock....never missed a Star Trek episode. RIP Leonard Nimoy.

RIP Leonard Nimoy
    You will be missed by us but an angel is now in Heaven!

Concert Stars
    Remember When Leonard Nimoy Recorded a Johnny Cash Song?

When Leonard Nimoy passed away on Friday morning (Feb. 27), he left behind a vast legacy as an actor and director. But the entertainer was significantly lesser-known for a brief stint as a country singer.
    Nimoy shot to fame playing Spock, the famously logical Vulcan on Star Trek, which ran from 1966-1969 and has aired endlessly in reruns ever since. His visibility from the show convinced Dot Records to offer the actor a recording contract, which resulted in the release of his first album, Leonard Nimoy Presents Mr. Spock’s Music From Outer Space, in 1967.
    That proved successful enough to spawn a string of follow-up albums, including 1970′s The New World of Leonard Nimoy. For that project Nimoy boldly went where he had not gone before, branching out for a country cover of Johnny Cash‘s “I Walk the Line.” Other aspects of the album also leaned toward a country sound; the project also featured a cover of “Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love to Town,” as well as a Nimoy original titled “The Sun Will Rise.” The album continued in the vein of Nimoy’s previous efforts, which leaned toward songs about hope and the human condition.
    Nimoy’s rendition of “I Walk the Line” also appeared on a compilation album titled Highly Illogical in 1993.
    His forays into singing are now mostly remembered as an interesting footnote to a career that included television, film, poetry, books, photography and more. In addition to countless acting appearances both in and out of Star Trek, Nimoy also directed such notable films as The Good Mother and Three Men and a Baby.
    Nimoy died at the age of 83 from end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
    Ann055 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Remember When Leonard Nimoy Recorded a Johnny Cash Song?

When Leonard Nimoy passed away on Friday morning (Feb. 27), he left behind a vast legacy as an actor and director. But the entertainer was significantly lesser-known for a brief stint as a country singer.
    Nimoy shot to fame playing Spock, the famously logical Vulcan on Star Trek, which ran from 1966-1969 and has aired endlessly in reruns ever since. His visibility from the show convinced Dot Records to offer the actor a recording contract, which resulted in the release of his first album, Leonard Nimoy Presents Mr. Spock’s Music From Outer Space, in 1967.
    That proved successful enough to spawn a string of follow-up albums, including 1970′s The New World of Leonard Nimoy. For that project Nimoy boldly went where he had not gone before, branching out for a country cover of Johnny Cash‘s “I Walk the Line.” Other aspects of the album also leaned toward a country sound; the project also featured a cover of “Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love to Town,” as well as a Nimoy original titled “The Sun Will Rise.” The album continued in the vein of Nimoy’s previous efforts, which leaned toward songs about hope and the human condition.
    Nimoy’s rendition of “I Walk the Line” also appeared on a compilation album titled Highly Illogical in 1993.
    His forays into singing are now mostly remembered as an interesting footnote to a career that included television, film, poetry, books, photography and more. In addition to countless acting appearances both in and out of Star Trek, Nimoy also directed such notable films as The Good Mother and Three Men and a Baby.
    Nimoy died at the age of 83 from end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
    Thank you for this post! I wasn't aware of his musical interests. Will check it out if I can find it somewhere - ha

I have COPD and if I live to age 83, I will be forever grateful. That will give me 25 more glorious years to enjoy my family, my friends, and Our Girl - the one in a million Carrie Marie Underwood Fisher and Baby Fish and Mike too!
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

•