• 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By jaylee50
  • 1 Post By clh_hilary
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By clh_hilary
  • 1 Post By Carrieroxmysox2011

Thread: God spoke to Katy Perry

Post God spoke to Katy Perry

'I got a word from God': Katy Perry reveals she had a halftime pep talk from The Almighty before her Super Bowl performance

Read more: Katy Perry 'got a word from God' before her Super Bowl half time performance | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Katy Perry's confident Super Bowl performance was down to a major halftime pep talk she received - from God.
    The singer revealed He spoke to her just before she went on and told her: 'You got this.'
    Speaking backstage at Sunday night's Grammy Awards, she told E! News host Ryan Seacrest that in the lead up she did prayer and meditation.
    Scroll down for video
    Holy: Katy Perry revealed, who performed at Sunday night's Grammys, revealed that God spoke to her just before her Super Bowl halftime show
    +5
    Holy: Katy Perry revealed, who performed at Sunday night's Grammys, revealed that God spoke to her just before her Super Bowl halftime show
    'It's funny, I was praying and I got a word from God and He said, "You got this and I got you."
    'And then I was on top of the lion and a guy, a random guy, just looked at me with a headset that I've never communicated with before and he just looked me straight in the eyes and said, "You got this."
    'And I was like, "Oh, this is God confirming I can do this."'

By the grace of God: The singer claimed The Almighty told her 'you got this' just before she hit the stage
    +5
    By the grace of God: The singer claimed The Almighty told her 'you got this' just before she hit the stage
    Empty-handed: Katy, who's been nominated for 13 Grammys but has never won won, mingled with with Sam Smith who almost swept the board at the 57th award show
    +5
    Empty-handed: Katy, who's been nominated for 13 Grammys but has never won won, mingled with with Sam Smith who almost swept the board at the 57th award show
    The 30-year-old admitted she wasn't just winging it and relying on God to sort it all out on the day, adding that she probably 'over-prepared' rehearsing so much.
    'We got to prepare for a whole month,' she said. 'Before I stepped on that stage last Sunday at the Super Bowl I had done it over 40 times, so it was almost like I was so used to it, that's why people were saying that I looked so relaxed, because I had done it so many times.'
    Another thing that probably kept her relaxed was the fact she did not switch on the TV before to watch the first half of the New England Patriots v Seattle Seahawks game.
    Roar: The singer claimed she looked relaxed during the spectacular Super Bowl halftime show because she had over-prepared and rehearsed over 40 times
    +5
    Roar: The singer claimed she looked relaxed during the spectacular Super Bowl halftime show because she had over-prepared and rehearsed over 40 times
    Katy Perry dons sheer jewelled dress to 2015 Grammy Awards

'I didn't turn on the TV before my show, so I didn't really know what I was going into. I didn't watch the game until afterward. I kinda wanted to not know all of the hubbub outside,' she added.
    Perry, who was raised in a staunchly Christian home, also posted a Psalm quote the day of that performance, tweeting: 'Today is the day that the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it.'
    On Sunday night the California Gurl was center stage once again, singing By The Grace Of God in a segment promoting a campaign against domestic abuse.
    Angelic: Perry, pictured here at the 2011 Grammys, was raise by two very religious Born Again Christian parents; here she is pictured in 2011
    +5
    Angelic: Perry, pictured here at the 2011 Grammys, was raise by two very religious Born Again Christian parents; here she is pictured in 2011

Read more: Katy Perry 'got a word from God' before her Super Bowl half time performance | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And His Merciful did not ask her to not sing live.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    If he actually talked to her he should have told her that Left Shark doesn't know the dance routine.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Good for Katy Perry. Be proud, stand tall and say it like it is. Good for her.

I was so disappointed that Katy did not win a grammy. I think it is over due. Others have won who don't seem to be as talented as she is.
    rainbow1 and pklongbeach like this.

God said she's got this not Left Shark has got this now did he

Maybe god just doesn't think she's talented enough for a Grammy?

Concert Stars
    If Taylor Swift, Timberlake and Spears can have grammys, Katy is way overdue
    jaylee50 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I so agree with you. There are some things I just don't understand.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Well, this is why you're not god.

God works in mysterious ways.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    By the Way, I finally got around to seeing the half time show. And I am sorry, I was mesmorized by the spectacle. Anyone who can pull off being hauled around a stadium full of football jocks on a mechanical star, 300 feet in the air, wearing an evening gown and spikes has got my attention. I was Godsmacked by the whole thing! I just had to laugh at the absolute ridiculousness of it. In three words "I Loved It!" (lenny could have stayed home)
    jaylee50 likes this.

By the Way, I finally got around to seeing the half time show. And I am sorry, I was mesmorized by the spectacle. Anyone who can pull off being hauled around a stadium full of football jocks on a mechanical star, 300 feet in the air, wearing an evening gown and spikes has got my attention. I was Godsmacked by the whole thing! I just had to laugh at the absolute ridiculousness of it. In three words "I Loved It!" (lenny could have stayed home)
    As I've said, god works in mysterious ways.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Left shark is hot...

Left shark.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Left shark is hot...

Left shark.jpg
    God created him in his own image.
    Lstname89 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lstname89 View Post
    left shark is hot...