• 2 Post By carebearcarrie
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By Pi314CA
  • 1 Post By carebear4eva
  • 1 Post By clh_hilary
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: US christians beat gay son after disowning him

Post US christians beat gay son after disowning him

A shocking video captured the moment a God-fearing Georgia family confronted their gay son and verbally and physically attacked him for being a “disgrace” and a “queer.”

The video which made the front page of Reddit, was shot during the altercation between 20-year-old Daniel, his step-mother Susan, father, and his grandmother.

“You can deny it all you want to, but I believe in the word of god and god creates nobody that way. It’s a path that you have chosen to choose,” said Daniel’s mom during the confrontation.

His mother then tells Daniel that his family will no longer support his “habit” and he will need to leave immediately:

Since you have chosen that path, we will not support you any longer. You will need to move out and find wherever you can to live and do what you want to because I will not let people believe that I condone what you do.
    Near the end of the video, Daniel’s father joins the confrontation and calls his son a “disgrace” before beating him and yelling, “You’re a damn queer!”

Daniel’s boyfriend David, who posted the video to reddit, shared the following message:

Bros, my boyfriend got kicked out of his home and disowned yesterday. It’s been a really traumatic experience for him, and I feel so terrible and angry that this happened.
    Fortunately, he’s living with a friend for now. Seems like he can be there long-term until he’s able to support himself.

I’m so sad that so many people have to go something like this. For any of you that have, what’s the best way I can support him?

Update: Daniel shared the following message late Tuesday night on his personal Facebook page:

What a day…. i thought that waking up at 9:48 and being 15 mins late to work was going to be the biggest problem today. but i didn’t know that my biggest problem was going to be getting disowned and kicked out of my home of almost twenty years. to add insult to injury my step mother punched me in the face repeatedly with my grandmother cheering her along. i am still in complete shock and disbelief. the video i posted a few hours ago will give you a small bit of what i went through. i am sure y’all can guess who is who. Thanks to Teri, Regina and my boyfriend david for coming to rescue me. and thanks to everyone else who is sending their support!

The following video may be extremely disturbing to some viewers. Daniel writes: “This is what my family did to me tonight. listen to what my step mother Susan P—– said to me”:

How not to react when your child tells you that he's gay - YouTube

Christian Parents Caught On Tape Beating Their Gay Son Moments After Disowning Him - The Gaily Grind

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Where in the Bible does Jesus say its okay to beat up or talk bad about anyone in a harmful way? These people give Christianity a bad name.
    txacar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    Where in the Bible does Jesus say its okay to beat up or talk bad about anyone in a harmful way? These people give Christianity a bad name.
    Don't think Jesus said anything but The Bible did say these:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
    If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Proverbs 29:15
    The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

Proverbs 13:24
    Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.

Proverbs 30:17
    The eye that mocks a father and scorns to obey a mother will be picked out by the ravens of the valley and eaten by the vultures.

Exodus 21:17
    Whoever curses his father or his mother shall be put to death.

Concert Stars
    The quotes you gave are not "Christian". Christ came to "change the law of the people". He was to be "the New covenant" not one of violence and hate.
    "Love Your Enemies" was one of the most controversial things Jesus ever said. Cause it turned away from an entire culture that believed in brutality and revenge as a way of life.

To this day nothing of what Jesus said is more overlooked and misunderstood. People will just continue to quote the "old" testament to condone ugly antiquated brutal behavior which goes completely against Jesus teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    The quotes you gave are not "Christian". Christ came to "change the law of the people". He was to be "the New covenant" not one of violence and hate.
    "Love Your Enemies" was one of the most controversial things Jesus ever said. Cause it turned away from an entire culture that believed in brutality and revenge as a way of life.

To this day nothing of what Jesus said is more overlooked and misunderstood. People will just continue to quote the "old" testament to condone ugly antiquated brutal behavior which goes completely against Jesus teachings.
    Matthew 5:17
    Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

clh_hilary, if you are personally against or don't believe in christianity and/or religions, that's your personal preference and choice.

But you have been constantly posting negative articles about Christianity/religions. I don't know what's your point of doing that here.
    There are also many positive, loving examples of Christianity or of other religions to "counter" all the few bad apples that you seem to choose to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Exactly.

Concert Stars

US christians beat gay son after disowning him

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    clh_hilary, if you are personally against or don't believe in christianity and/or religions, that's your personal preference and choice.

But you have been constantly posting negative articles about Christianity/religions. I don't know what's your point of doing that here.
    There are also many positive, loving examples of Christianity or of other religions to "counter" all the few bad apples that you seem to choose to focus on.

Exactly.
    Thank you for your post.

Christians are not perfect. There are always going to be slip ups on actions made. It's life, and sin. That does not mean Christians are bad, horrible, judgmental people that think badly of everyone else. There are millions or loving, caring, God fearing Christians that just want to teach the world about their Savior Jesus Christ.

Homosexuality is a very controversial subject. And even in Christianity can be a tough subject to deal with. I personally think it's a sin, just like any other. Just as lying, stealing and murder. We all sin, but homosexuality is just a visible sin. The parents in this matter are sinning just the same

These are my personal beliefs and don't wish to start any arguments, or wish to discuss them any further or make a fuss.

But goodness I would never beat my own child or anyone for that matter. I would show them love and compassion as Jesus would, and pray. Give it to God. Doesn't mean you should treat them differently. Jesus never treated anyone different. He loved every single person the same. He was a friend. And that what I want to be. A friend who loves Jesus, and wants to share that.
    pklongbeach and liz278 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Matthew 5:17
    Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
    I don't know how much about Jesus that you know. But you must always remember that he was a radical who intentionally used the thought processes of the day and contradicted them metaphorically.

When he said something like you quoted it was not meant as literally as you might think. You must think as a philosopher might think.

He had to be careful not to say things that would give religious leaders a reason to kill him "too soon".
    His statement above was to avoid going againt the law but also was meant "to suggest" that what he was preaching was Gods original intention of the law all along.

So you see when he says I did not come to abolish the law, that is because his idea of the law was completely different, but the words also protected him from direct persecution under the law.

He was a very progressive thinker and most people had no idea what he meant by what he said.

He believed that God was Love. Remember that was a very radical idea for that time. And most people could not "and still can't" get past the idea of a vengeful/angry/distructive God.
    carebearcarrie likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Jesus teachings were not really radical, but instead radically different than the teachings from the "teachers of Israel" (Pharisees, Sadducees, scribes, rabbis). These teachers were scolded by Jesus (see the 7 woes in Matthew 23). Jesus, God, is concerned about our heart condition, not just the outward appearance or fulfilling just the letter of the law).

Jesus fulfilled the law because He never sinned. By fulfilling the law, He fulfills all the demands of the law. There is much more but I don't want to make this a theology lesson.
    carebearcarrie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Jesus teachings were not really radical, but instead radically different than the teachings from the "teachers of Israel" (Pharisees, Sadducees, scribes, rabbis). These teachers were scolded by Jesus (see the 7 woes in Matthew 23). Jesus, God, is concerned about our heart condition, not just the outward appearance or fulfilling just the letter of the law).

Jesus fulfilled the law because He never sinned. By fulfilling the law, He fulfills all the demands of the law. There is much more but I don't want to make this a theology lesson.
    Everything is radical because it's radically different than the status quo. That's, like, what that means.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    This should be merged with the Taylor Swift thread. It's all coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    This should be merged with the Taylor Swift thread. It's all coming together.
    I literally died dead.
    Lstname89 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Even if you're dead, and it was nothing to do with you in the first place, the sexuality of one of your former colleagues can be enough to make your memorials disappear in Russia

Russia Takes Down Steve Jobs Memorial After Apple's Tim Cook Comes Out as Gay - NBC News
    clh_hilary likes this.

Concert Stars
    What a sad place to have to live. To think you're life would be spent there. Just sad as that is the only life you will ever get, and it is tormented by sick people who have nothing better to hope for or live by but to accuse and degade other people. JUst sad and pathetic!

I do not let a day go by where I am not grateful for the fact that not only was I born in America, not only in the USA, not only in California, not only in Southern California but also now reside in a beautiful respectful uplifting community in Laguna Beach.
    It makes me very sad to think that people are born everyday into devastating circumstances that they are powerless to change. All at the hands of people who are no better or worse than any other. Just with an opportunity to oppress and control.
    Where is God in that!

Concert Stars
    It might not be today or tomorrow, but remember, He said judgment is mine.

•