Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Malaysia flight 370

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Malaysia flight 370

So, after a week of hearing contradictory reports I decided to open up thread on the missing flight. This just keeps on getting more and more mysterious by the day. We all obviously at this point have no clue whatsoever what happened to malaysia flight 370, and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the 239 people on board. However, I would have to theorize, which I hate to do at this point, especially with all of the wild theories going around out there, but, I think at this point the most plausible conclusion as to what has happened to it is. It was hijacked, or most likely the pilots, or someone else on board with knowledge of flying was on a suicide mission, and as a result the lack of debris would make sense, if the plane is at the bottom of the Indian ocean, or in the middle of the jungle somewhere. I think at this point most of us can rule out catastrophic failure, if the plane did indeed continue to fly for up to 4 hours, after it was last heard from. Some websites have been talking about the plane experiencing decompression which would knock everyone out on board. If that happened wouldn't the planes autopilot take over, and it would continue on its destination, until it reached where it was supposed to go. Not to mention two of the transponder's being turned off 14 minutes apart. I really have no clue because I know nothing about planes, I just wanted other people's thoughts on this horrible, mysterious tragedy.

Concert Stars
    Wow this is beyond scary I had no idea. My thoughts and prayers are with the families.

But it is very strange that I also just started watching Lost.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Someone stole that plane for future terrorist use.

Concert Stars
    if they stole the plane what happened to the passengers?

quite a mystery.

Hil
    The plane thing is weird...it's like a cross btwn Stephen King's the Langoleirs (everyone falls asleep on board) and LOST. It really is horrible and I hope the families of those on board will be able to get some answers & some peace.

Concert Stars
    If it was my family on board that plane I would want answers. I am surprised in this technological world we live in with satellites, etc they can't find the plane. And Hil you are right it is like the series Lost - very creepy.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    If it was my family on board that plane I would want answers. I am surprised in this technological world we live in with satellites, etc they can't find the plane. And Hil you are right it is like the series Lost - very creepy.
    Ya it is weird.... I just read a report that they think there is a high probability that it is in the Indian Ocean, or the Bay of Bengal... This is just not normal...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    if they stole the plane what happened to the passengers?

quite a mystery.
    If it was stolen, the passengers are either being held somewhere or they were dispose of.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It clearly wasn't mechanical.

Someone shut off all the tracking devices and it changed directions & altitude multiple times, if someone wanted to just crash the plane they would have just crashed it instead of taking the time to do everything that was done to the plane.

Confirmed to be a hijacking. No motive is yet known. It was likely the co-pilot, though that has not been confirmed. Apparently it is now known to be in the Indian Ocean, though I have not seen that confirmed in the most recent articles.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

I don't think anything's really 'confirmed' at this stage...

Hil
    I don't get the highjacker's intent....prove he's a good magician? I would think they would have been transporting something....why highjack a plane just to fly it into the ocean & turn off all equipment so no one knows? That just...doesn't make any sense. The plane had to land somewhere/sometime even if it is in the ocean at this point JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I don't get the highjacker's intent....prove he's a good magician? I would think they would have been transporting something....why highjack a plane just to fly it into the ocean & turn off all equipment so no one knows? That just...doesn't make any sense. The plane had to land somewhere/sometime even if it is in the ocean at this point JMO
    Exactly - unless the intent was suicide, I don't see why they would fly the plane for 5 hours only to crash into the ocean. And they were saying that whoever was flying the plane after its transponder was turned off was a skilled aviator, so you would think that person would know when the fuel level was getting low.
    Hil likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I think that it landed someplace too and whoever took it has further bigger plans for the plane.

Concert Stars
    I don't know what the families are going through, it's got to be horrible not knowing what happened to your family and why someone would do this. I want to know what happened and I don't have any family or friends on the plane. This is just too strange.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Confirmed to be a hijacking. No motive is yet known. It was likely the co-pilot, though that has not been confirmed. Apparently it is now known to be in the Indian Ocean, though I have not seen that confirmed in the most recent articles.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au
    the only thing confirmed about this flight is that nothing is confirmed about what happened to it
    there's always the case of that lear jet carrying Payne Stewart that flew for 4+ hours with all aboard dead when it depressurized.Something like that could have occurred,depressurized/power failure.Just have to wait till they find wreckage or the plane.Took 2 years to find Air France flight 447, so it could be a long wait.

I feel for those families left in limbo

they're now looking at the pilots flight simulator that he had at his home
    Malaysian authorities examine pilot?s flight simulator - The Washington Post
    rainbow1 and Hil like this.

Apparently the Malaysian government is hiding all information they could.

Carrie Guru
    I don't understand why commercial airplanes would be designed to allow something as crucial as the transponder to be turned off?
    maddkat, JB172 and epicamends like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I don't understand why commercial airplanes would be designed to allow something as crucial as the transponder to be turned off?
    That is very true, but on the other hand I don't think that anyone would have ever thought that someone would climb inside the plane to turn off the one transponder like someone on that plane did, I would imagine now there will be a transponder that can't be turned off built into new planes.
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I'm surprised we have to obtain the flight data recorder from some Amazon Forrest or the ocean depths to find out what happens during a crash. The plane, through satellite communication, should keep sending its data to some server somewhere on a continuos basis. That would solve tons of problems, and it could be installed without the capability to switch it off. But that's just me.
    opry051008 and HuiZ like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast